Would it be possible to create a credit card (not stolen or someone elses) that would just trick the credit card slider...

would it be possible to create a credit card (not stolen or someone elses) that would just trick the credit card slider into thinking that you paid for something? so you just slide the card, enter a pin, and it gets approved.

im definitely not smart enough to do anything like that. just wondering if it would be possible.

No you retard

No, retard.

No, when you swipe/insert the machine checks to make sure the info is legit
Retard

yes, retard

yeah not shit it does. all im asking is if it would be possible to trick the machine into thinking that the info was legit.

Possible, but not easily.

You could probably make a perfect duplicate of a real card but money would still have to come from somewhere.

yeah but the idea is for there to not be any actual money being exchanged. the machine just thinks there is.

I worked at a gas station for years. There are many ways for transactions to be approved without a pin. The only way I believe something like this would be pulled off is if the credit card had a line of code on it that made sure the register would print out an approved receipt for the credit purchase, the trick is to make the computer think the transactions was completed thru cash and the till would then open. The cashier would be short whatever amount at the end of shift, and he would hand you your receipt and wish you a good day.

no you fucking faggot just get a job

>im definitely not smart enough
smart enough to acknowledge you are a dumb fuck. You are at least facing the right direction. Keep going, don't lose hope. Maybe some day you won't come up with such idiotic deas, at least not out loud or written.

you'd have to know of an exploit in a specific debit terminal. if you knew about that, you'd be better off selling the exploit to the manufacturer so they can fix it. more money and less risk. also.. get a job, kid.

lol why are people assuming that im actually trying to do something like this?

its just a dumb question.

Those machines are connected to the Internet so they contact the bank's server, ask if there's enough money and then charge the amount.

If you cracked the encryption you could to a MitM attack.

It's just a profoundly retarded question.

FTFY

If you're retarded enough to ask then you're retarded enough to try it.

Generating valid card numbers isn't that hard.

Hitting an active card is basically impossible.

are you fucking dumb, the machine contacts the fucking bank and gets confirmation that money has been sent before authorizing the transaction - holy fuck go back to Sup Forums

damn that was a magical time

The biggest issue I see with trying something like this, is the issue of determining if you have a valid card number or not, since from what I gather, your idea is to generate card numbers and then attempt to use them at places?

You would basically want to write a script that generates valid card numbers, and then tries to make a small purchase to determine if they're active. When you've stumbled across a card number/config that just so happens to be valid, the issue is is that it's already going to be an active card in someone else's name, so if you try to make a purchase to verify IF the card you've generated happens to be valid, then the account is going to get flagged instantly, and locked up.

The only (extremely slight, we're talking like 1/10000000000000 kind of odds) are that you happen to make a test purchase that just so happens to fit in with the persons shopping behavior, and the account isn't flagged instantly.

But in the end, it's all pointless, because even if you do manage to jump through those insane statistics, you're only going to get to make 1 purchase before the account does get locked. And more to the point, where are you going to use this card? Physically? In person? It seems like you're just asking for trouble if you do it like that.

Good god, what did they think that was?

they were all over it... unlike the boston marathon.

A bomb. Dumb fucking faggots in law enforcement convicted them of "terrorism."

Pic related a bomb.

yeah, but like i said, the idea is not to steal someone elses card or money. its a card with no name or bank account attached to it. all it would simply do it trick the machine that you swipe it into into thinking at it was approved regardless of the amount. the cashier wouldnt know because his machine would tell him that the transaction went though. the only people losing money would be the company or store youre buying from.

That's not how cards work though. And that's what everyone has been saying in this thread.

It's just not possible to get it to work that way because of how these machines authenticate purchases.

Pfft....

All the magnetic strip contains is an reference to an account. All transactions are done on their side.

I guess you'd have to reverse engineer their protocol and set-up a man in the middle kind of shit to catch the request and send back the transaction acknowledgement.... Which is fucking retarded and a lot of work to stiff retail outlets out of peanuts.

You sound as tech clueless as a clapistani crime drama writer.

Law Enforcement doesn't convict people, retard.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT.

No.

A credit card has your bank info on it. You swipe, and it tells the point of sale (POS) system what bank, what account, and required verifivation info along with card encryption. The POS then uses that info to direct the bank to move the money from that account to another one.

You wouldn't need a fake card, You need a real card that goes to a fake bank with real money. All can be fabricated, but not at the skill level of anyone here.

>we so smurt we know the answer to your question and you not so your stoopid xddddd

I didn't know the answer, he's stupid because I could find the answer on google in under 2 minutes and he had to resort to asking Sup Forums

I could. But you couldn't. And no, I won't explain. That would be retarded.

U don't know how it works. LOLOLOLOLOL get rekd flem dirkenstien

see I didn't know how it works, but you can fucking find out in under 5 minutes using google, but instead OP decided to make a thread for people to spoonfeed him because he can't fucking learn things without help

It's theoretically possibile to get a computer to "believe" anything. The question is whether you'll get caught doing it or not.

The info isn't checked on-site, but with the credit card company (over phone line, over internet). You can probably trick the slider into showing onscreen that the card is legit, but not by using a card. You'd have to hack the either the slider or the phone/internet line of the business you're dealing with.
So no. More trouble than it's worth. Stolen or copied CC is way easier.

Wrong.

It's easy, just embed a malicious SQL query in the magnetic strip and drop the entire Visa database when it scans your card