Glasses

Glasses thread because I imagine most of us use them.

Why are nosepads impossible to get right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8vNi6IeRNU
youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec
vintageopticalshop.com/vintage-round-windsor-eyeglass-frames-15768.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>wire frames
dropped

I got mine right. That or I'm not picky. $12 Zenni glasses too because fuck paying a ton.

General purpose solutions generally do not have a perfect fit. The best way to get a perfect fit is when you have a custom produced piece.

>not just pushing them back and resting your glasses just like that

hipster faggot detected

What do i need to know before getting glasses? Once i visit the optometrist do i just walk into a lenscrafters, or does the optician recommend a place to buy glasses? Are they expensive?

>tfw FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE to get the glass perfectly clean
this shit drives me MAD

youtube.com/watch?v=n8vNi6IeRNU

If you don't have a coating on them, dish soap.

Shit eating Pajeet detected

What are you doing here? Don't you have your boyfriend's cock to suck?

The fuck, is this true in murrica?
In the vid they said $300 for the lenses alone, I payed like $70 total for glasses, frames and eyesight test.

damage control detected

>glasses
ment lenses

Where are you from?

Sweden.

If I get wire frames, my lens protrude from the frame, cause my lens are thick.

Those 'hipster' are usually more durable than wire frames. I like wire frames but there are more pro than cons for the thick frames vs the wire frames.

t. me when I was 13

got regular normalfag glasses and I look 1000x more handsome

eat a dick you lonely virgin faggot

Where did you buy them? Nille? Kek

>tfw finally got the nose pads right

No, Specsavers.

you could get your eyes checked at a lenscrafters

>The basic eye exam at lenscrafters would cost you $59. However, if you need to get a comprehensive eye exam, you should pay more $35 for your eye exam. But You may find the price of the eye exam different in different places. Some optomologists at Lenscrafters would charge you about $75 for the exam.

they have a fancy machine instead of the old 1/2 better worse thing so you wont be nervous about getting your answer wrong

then once you have your prescription you could buy your glasses elsewhere because they're expensive as fuck at lenscrafters

I get mine online from warbyparker

No I just had to suck a few dicks for the discount. It's that cheap!

Wear t-shirt for so long that it becomes soft and ragged, perfect solution for dirty glasses.

Ah, that makes sense. Every time is see one of their commercials it sounds like a fucking scam.

It's true, I almost always end up spending 500+ on new glasses every 2 years. Insurance pays for a decent chunk of it.

OP why not stop being a faggot and adjust them yourself?

That's how I always get my glasses to fit the best is bending them to fit, I can't stand that you can't do that with plastic frames, they never form to my head ever.

>OP why not stop being a faggot and adjust them yourself?

You don't think I try? It still always feels off.

You can, you just need to heat them up a little.

>nosepads
lol

RB 7056, light, stylish, and durable

You're too cynical about advertisements. You're digging yourself into a shallow grave with all this negativity ruling your life.

>not tossing your specs into a vat of boiling rubbing alcohol every day for purification
pleb

Don't have that problem

youtube.com/watch?v=voUiWOGv8ec

Holy fuck, i knew Luxottica owned the market, but i had no idea the true cost of the lenses was around $10.

I saw in a /csg/ thread that i can buy counterfeit frames on Aliexpress, but does that also apply to good lenses?

just changed the nose pads

They only make the frames, not the lenses.

paid way to much for these fuckers

>Walk into glasses shop
>The employees doesn't wear glasses.
>Oh boy here we go

>Here is your new glasses :3
I kid you not, she said something like:
>Do they work? Can you see?

>Nosepads are bent to hell, proceed to go to the shops
>Hello, can you fix my nosepads?
>Shove it up your ass. As long its comfortable it should be fine.

>Hi, I would like to have my screws tighten.
>Sure, no problem. Here you go.
>One side is loose as shit, the other is stiff as hell
>Oh, thanks.

>Yeah, I would like to change my nosepads
>Ok, I'm gonna check if we have the original nosepads for your glasses. Come back later for your glasses.
>Comes back later
>Didn't have them, changed them anyway to some cheap shit

Now, I only trust employees with glasses

Get glasses without separate eye pads, it'll change your life

I do 6 when my hands are covered in something greasy like when I'm cooking or washing dishes.

The best you could buy is the slab of plastic that the lenses are made from.

Rate my latest lens i like them

What the hell does this even mean?

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Get glasses that run on android

vintageopticalshop.com/vintage-round-windsor-eyeglass-frames-15768.html

hnnnnnnng

I had a pair of glasses that I wore for 5 years and when I finally got my prescription updated, it took me 2 weeks to get used to it.
I actually avoided wearing them for a while because they gave me headaches, but then my old pair just snapped so I had no choice.

I felt like a racehorse with side-blinders, my peripheral vision was basically fucked the whole time i was adjusting to it.

I bent my nosepads when I slept with my glasses on accidentally (narcoleptic) and can't get them right again.
Now I have big red marks where they dig into the sides of my nose; the right worse than the left.

nosepads?
>kek

I went to a glasses store yesterday. The attendants tried to bully me.

>You should buy these expensive Oakleys
>try a few frames, "So have you chosen yet?"
>after 10 min. trying on frames, 'You still haven't chosen yet?"
>"That's $300 :)" then another attendant goes "he knows the price, he's just choosing"
>Decide to just walk out without buying anything
>"You weren't able to pick?" with a half-condescending, half-disappointing look

Fuck you bitch. For that kind of money, I expect my girls to do tricks.

you autists realize you can use frames from sunglasses too?

don't you have any street to poo on?

let me guess you over adjust them and don't use pliers to adjust them either

seriously stop being a fagoot

I'm a 5.

Can anyone else here adjust his glasses by moving the skin on your head? It's like moving your ears, only better.

Not all faces work with one frame shape.

without thinking, i always scrunch my face in order to tilt my glasses up without moving my head

i bet it looks weird to others

>45
>been using a computer my whole life
>still have perfect vision

>being this much of a cuck

Christ, I bet my 2 year old daughter benches more than you

Fuck, that was like right after I got my eyes checked.

The guy with the glasses helped me look for some glasses. Look at literally every frame in the shop. My first glasses, can't decide to pick one. Leave.

I could feel his disappointment. Fuck, he was so genuinely nice too.
Next time I'm going to buy from there.

Plastic shit? Feels like poverty.

literally genetics.

>I could feel his disappointment. Fuck, he was so genuinely nice too.

Jesus Christ you piece of crap

Myopia is reversible.
Just don't get glasses for it and it will go away eventually.

The problem is people buy glasses and it gets worse and worse and they keep upping their prescription until they are fucking blind and literally all they have to do is stop wearing glasses.

John J. Slavicek

lol
Start wearing +1 glasses and it goes away even faster, you will end up back at 20/20.

I know, I'm stuck at -1.5 now, but only wear glasses for driving because muh laws

Half rim best rim!

What about people who wear bifocal lenses then? Are they ayys?

If myopia is reversible, how do you even get myopia in the first place?

Your eye elongates when you stare at shit too close to your face and the muscles become unable to focus properly.

The fix is to keep shit away from your face or wear + glasses that make shit appear to be further away.

Previously they thought the eye lengthening was permanent but it isn't, the eye will shorten automagically.

I found out I had myopia when I had a hard time reading the whiteboard in 2nd grade and I sat in the middle of the room.

I bet you'll blame computer screens, and I didn't even touch a computer till I was in 5th grade.

So fuck off.

>mahnigga.jifpg3
My Oakley Marshals are my best friend

i dont wear glasses, i do like making a good steak however.

You know, I've been thinking. You know how in anime they have glasses with only the bottom frame? I wonder if you can get those is real life, or would you just look like a turd.

Any glass mods?

I lived half my life with "bad" eyesight and I didn't even know.
Could be that I sit in front of a computer screen all day.
I could have had perfect eyesight back in the day, but can never say for certain.
I just thought it was the limit of the human eye to see at those distances and people whom wear glasses had shit vision.

>Your eye elongates when you stare at shit too close to your face and the muscles become unable to focus properly.
Stop pulling shit out of your ass

you can pull of anything if you're attractive

the inverse is also true.

>t. faggot who failed middle school

But then, even if it's reversible, you will need to stop doing whatever you were doing that made it bad in the first place for it to not go back to being shit.

Which I assume you can't/won't if you got to that point in the first place.

You can get them in real life. I am not sure anyone would actually want to, unless they want to look bad.

>t. isn't an optometrist and has no source

does that mean you can pull off not being attractive

Which would mean if youre not, you can pull off being attractive

wouldent that make you attractive if you could pull it off however?

Pic related.

It's literally evident from how the eye works, retard.

I'm not man it changes by a few millimeters after staring at anything close for even a few hours to adjust and let your cilary muscles relax.

Basically what happens is the cilary muscle gets weak and takes longer to get back to full strength if you have shit genetics and makes you myopic.

Wearing glasses makes it 100x worse because everything appears closer and the muscle gets even weaker and the eye stays long.

Naw you can train yourself not to hold things too close to your face if you try, its just hard. I did it and I used to not be able to read street signs or license plates and my eyes are back to normal.

Same for me, I could only tell who people off in the distance were by the way they moved and dressed etc. Assumed it was supposed to be that way, then eventually my sight got even worse and I started being unable to read the whiteboard at school and at that point I knew I had shit vision.

Got glasses and was amazed by seeing the individual leaves of trees and being able to see peoples faces from a distance.

Kill yourself

Naw everything should be sharp at a distance. Myopia is totally reversible though read up on it... you don't have to be blind.

>all trained professionals have been exacerbating a condition since always
>they're just doing it wrong
>what no I don't need a source it's obvious
Drink bleach

>I'm not man
Then post a peer review study showing the effects of this revolutionary phenomenon.

>tfw your work glasses are almost a quarter inch thick

Anyone else here take off their glasses when they're reading something or have something close to their face that they're reading? Feels good man

well its not like medical practioners would give you medicine with huge side effects just because the medicine companys wont allow other things to be legal

>What is the Bates Method

I'm uploading a book for you.

It isn't a phenomenon they just understand that the eye shortens and lengthens naturally now because science. Go google it if you don't believe me man.

I feel really bad for anyone that can't see shit far away that doesn't believe this works because it does.

These people are suffering from basically long term eye strain that is made worse by glasses.

>doctors are all in on a conspiracy to keep you from discovering this miracle cure for a genetic condition!
Yeah that's what I thought