The last piece of tech you bought that you highly recommend

The last piece of tech you bought that you highly recommend

Pic related: 34 inches of ultrawide monitor goodness. Downside is it cost about as much as my computer, but it's really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1EOPxikzG4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like it and would like one but I also think that the lack of vertical resolution is still problematic for a programmer.

That's a wide screen

For you.

Antlion ModMic
Really liking how it fits onto my M50X

Asus MG278Q
Great 144hz Freesync monitor. Need to turn down brightness though. Beautiful screen especially for a TN panel. Super creamy and quick. IMO best Freesync monitor there is.

are curved screens a meme? why the hell would you want one?

why the u3415w over the new & improved u3417w?

Thought about buying a 3440x1440 IPS 60hz panel.

but then I saw two 2560x1440p IPS 60hz panels go on sale for $265 each, and that was at the time ~$700 less than one 3440x1440 monitor.

5120x1440 is nice, and to be honest I doubt i'd have really NEEDED the ultrawide aspect ratio.

BlackBerry Passport, it's such a great phone.

I'm getting an ultrawide as a replacement for two monitors. When I have dual monitors they're not lined up perfectly next to each other, they're angled. A curved screen may not be the same thing but it's closer than a completely flat one.

I went the opposite way. Rolled with 2 2560x1440 for about 4 years. They were 27" which was way more than I needed. Either I had the asscrack in the middle and using either sucked, or I had one centered in front of me and never used the other. 34" ultrawide is a great compromise imo. I'm much happier with it.

I got slim bezels and I have them on an adjustable dual arm mount, I honestly am glad i went with two, I have been using dual monitors for over a decade at this point and I dont know if I would have like going back to just one, I am so used to having multiple things open at once, even with a fullscreen game or movie playing.

microsoft mouse and keyboard set

it's not perfect

but it types the right letters and the mouse moves okay. all for $25

but don't buy sandisk cruzer usb drives for boot drives, they are a headache

also, badass monitor OP

>When I have dual monitors they're not lined up perfectly next to each other, they're angled. A curved screen may not be the same thing but it's closer than a completely flat one.

what I'm really wondering is whether after some time it becomes so natural you forget about it entirely. that and if would be suitable for music or video editing, using the super wide monitor for a workflow type setup

>>Trigger Warning

Macbook Pro 13 Non-Touch. I'm coming from linux. OS is very pleasant to use and intuitive. I'm able to run many games at up to 50-60 FPS. CLI is very familiar if you are used to unix coreutils.

enjoy your huge bezel. why not get a monitor from a brand that is not trying to rip you off with bad product pictures.

what would you recommend?

If I could combine apple's touchpad and controls with windows I'd be so fucking happy

I bought a predator x34 and a 980ti a year and two months ago and they're awesome. I plan on getting the 1180ti whenever that comes out

This faggot lives near me and is constantly selling hardware he doesn't need.

youtube.com/watch?v=1EOPxikzG4M

Does he actually have something wrong him? His eyes look like he's slightly autistic or something.

guys setup is supremely gaymer

all those red LEDs everywhere and cringey gamer setup

this is why no one takes you fucking gamers seriously when you have the style tastes of a 12 year old getting into star wars

not the 1440 one

>LG 29UM58-P
it's only 1080p, my card and budget can't handle 1440p.

Seiko SNKM97... I also bought a light leather strap for it that works great.

>are curved screens a meme
Yes

this is beautiful

The Samsung Galaxy SIII

I bought this thing in August 2012 and it's still the best phone I ever laid my hands on. This probably won't change as long as the newest Android version is available for this phone.

Only flaw I can find is that it hasn't got an IR-blaster but that's a personal preference.

Really happy with my Dell U2415's. Got them for $199 each.

Really liked the set of HP ZR2740W's I had, but apartment floods are a thing.

starwars is the worst, its the fast food of scifi/fantasy and i just realized its his desktop

I'm getting one for workspace, I can have multiple documents open at the same time + soptify or some shit. Dual monitors is more of a hassle and you have two bezels in the center.
For gaymin and whatnot i have no clue.

about 100 euro's price difference.

You guys think that a 34 inch LG 1080p ultra wide is much worse than a curved 1440p one? Budget won't get me the curved one.

LG 34UC79G with an ASUS RX480 8GB.
>muh widescreen
>muh freesync
Love it.

I don't know if 1080p on a 34" monitor is a good idea. For that res you better off with a 29".

34" is 1440p territory.

1080p is fine, even if you game, considering most online video content is still 1080p (and since you're on a budget, if you game, you probably can't go any higher anyways).
source: i used both 34" 1440p and 1080p

Try the S4 you'll like it even moar

I got that same monitor. It's very nice. It's obviously not as high of a resolution as 4K, but because I don't need to use any scaling within Windows to make it usable, I have way more desktop real-estate than most people who use 4K screens.

your wallpaper. i wants it!

Nice user, I have the Asus variant. Wish it has 144hz tho

VE Monks, 5$ pair of headhones that sound better than my 100$ IEM pair.
10/10, already ordered 2 sets in case this one breaks.

>hard plastic bulbus earbuds with shitty cloth earwax condoms that make the already uncomfortable design even worse and cause the earbuds to fly out of your ear if you so much as look too far to the left

Oh man these take me back. Thanks for that nostalgia trip user, it's like 1999 all over again .

55inch 4k oled tv. probably cost about the same as that monitor

Bought a dual SD adapter for my iPod classic
It's not here yet

coolermaster masterkey pro s
>cheap & looks clean af, well built, no meme buttons or design

coolermaster masterkey pro L with browns
i got it because it's completely unbranded if you swap the windows keys out
you made a good choice user mine is sturdy as fuck

>LG 29UM68-P
>480 8gb

I understand user

dell s2716DG 144hz 27inch monitor!

would highly reccomend 144 to any gamer that is an enthusiast!

had one of these before the 144, and wish i never spent the money on the 34!

Dell s2716dg. Was a little worried with reviews saying that the colours look flat, but after messing with the settings it looks fantastic. Good alternative to the acer and asus options for 1440p 144Hz, if you don't like the design of those.

wtf

>TN
man-puking.jpg

seriously though, and he's claiming the colors look fantastic xD

Anyone claiming a TN panel has good colors is gonna get their opinion written off in my books.

curved tvs?
yes
curved monitors?
maybe

do you not tilt your head to the left alot and cause a nec k strain?

I have a 24" and I split my browser to the right hand side and i need more real estate on the left side to do some multitasking

As soon as I put on my VE Memes, my nose was overcome with with a strong scent of Chinese rubber paint adhesive death cancer coming from their cables.

How do I detoxify the memephones enough to make them usable? They're still sitting in a ziploc bag in my drawer.

It unironically werks perfectly. I highly recommend it if you need a good, lightweight laptop and money is no object to you.

It's a shame Apple ruined the macbook line.

user, In the past year I have bought alot of stuff that I am really pleased with:-

A Motorola Moto G

An IBM X60s Thinkpad

An IBM PS/2 Keyboard

A Yamaha SPX 900 Digital Multi Effects Processor(It is vintage from 1988, I am a guitar player who is a "Tone Chaser".)

Your monitor needs to be way higher than that. The top of your monitor should be at eye level when looking straight ahead.
You're going to mess up your posture using that for too long.