Any tips from a Sup Forums on how to fit in on IRC? I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperg

Any tips from a Sup Forums on how to fit in on IRC? I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperg.

be 50 years old

fuck you

How you tried lurking moar? Jesus christ, what kind of newfag question is this?

Which IRC chans you trying to join?
Most of the ones I hang out in like new users as try talking to them .

>Using IRC
>Afraid of being called a sperg
I've got some bad news user

it's not Y2K anymore, you should be embarrassed to use IRC

I just want to fit in because I can't fit in anywhere irl.

Join a forum or something dude
IRC in 2017 is just sad

how do people stay in IRC 24/7?

Do they not turn off they're PC

they use a server to get what they want off irc

Maybe stop acting like a dumb weeb
>he turns off his PC

I ran a xubuntu LIVE CD for like 111 days

Got high level in idlerpg

explain

>how do people stay in IRC 24/7?
text-based client running in GNU Screen on a server

>I don't want to be sniffed out as a sperg.
Then don't use IRC

IRC Bouncer

>gets good advice
>tells people to fuck off

you are an idiot and won't fit in.

>because I can't fit in anywhere irl.
no wonder

>Do they not turn off they are PC

Yes they do... They likely just run IRC on a server and ssh into it when they want to use it

Will doing this eventually use up all the RAM of my server? Is there a weechat script to automatically clear old messages?

No, logs go to local storage. Mine are like 20MB for an year of nonstop logging

only 20MB ?

You don't fit in to IRC, you get banned because you don't agree with the channel's shitty circlejerk and wrong "information" they've been repeating for decades.

Or you just idle for a few years at a time in between "heh" every time someone changes the topic to be an out of context quote one of the sys ops made.

IRC is not for you, it is not for losers, it is not for winners, it is not for you if you think you're a social misfit and can't fit into anywhere else, it literally isn't for ANYONE, because you'll just get banned. The overall move to proper websites where you can't be silenced for saying something right has only made your typical butthurt irc op even more ban happy.

here's a (you), ignorant millenialfags

good irc for shitposting??

rizon Sup Forumstechnology

femanon here

just idle, then you fit in

What said. Get in and idle for a few days to get a feel for what people talk about before dropping your first line. If someone noticed you join and starts talking to you act normal.

This is the only way to IRC in 2017. Leaving when you turn your computer off is pleb-tier.

I had a win 7 laptop I used for IRC, it got up to something like 400 days uptime once.

This
My log folder is around 750MB.
I have all the logs for #dogecoin from pretty much start to around last year, as well as many others.

everyone on irc is an autistic sperg, just try to get the value out that you can and avoid all the idiots that keep trying to trigger and/or ban you

If your filesystem supports transparent compression (like NTFS) you can reduce the size of your logs by a lot since they're just plain ASCII text. My logs are 924MB uncompressed but only use 147MB on disk.

>there are zero good free IRC clients for windows

That is compressed...

dualboot, VM, or Cygwin

don't be a faggot

shout

Then what to use instead?

hexchat

> he doesn't use pidgin on windows

How do I do this

Should I use my raspberry pi?

irssi with logs enabled + screen

this. why are mods not banning people like the OP?

DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD DISCORD

I know that feel

I'm so far down the rabbit hole I can't even converse with people online. Nothing I say ever gets a response, most of the time the conversation or thread just dies after I say something. Watch, it will probably happen now

Because you're bitching about it instead of reporting it, shit for brains.

Sorry to hear that, user. I sometimes feel that way as well. Hang in there. You'll make some online pals if you keep trying.

>idiot
>won't fit in.
>among irc users
literally lmaoing my ass

just bUrself XD
Er, normies don't belong here. Go and shill your proprietary bloated botnet somewhere else, perhaps Reddit?
>screen
>running the whole irc client
Inferior meme to a bouncer, which these days means ZNC. Set it up on a RPi or something and leave it.
rizon #pasta
HexChat at the very least

Don't feel bad user I feel like I kill threads all the time too

You probably just get there too late. I know personally I often post in a thread and instantly close it if I don't care that much about the thread.

have a (You) on me :)