RIP Nexus 5x/6p

Now that these devices have been hit with the bootloop bullshit, let's get recommendations for similar phones. Doesn't have to be around the same price, but definitely looking for something similar if not better. I've only had Nexus devices but don't want to go back.

How exactly are they bootlooped and why did it happen suddenly.

I forget the exact details but god damn did google and LG shit the bed on the phones. Think it had something to do with a security update as well? Either way shit's dead.

Ay goyim you should buy our brand new Google Pixel.

Oy vey I'm not sure, that's a lot of money for a shitty upgrade

MY 5X is still running CM13 without major problems

LG devices for the past 4 years all start bootlooping right around the one year mark. It's almost uncanny and hard to defend as an innocent mistake.

>5X and 6P

Don't shove the 6P into the same camp as your piece of LG dogshit.

A few 6Ps have been reported to be getting bootloops since 7.1.1 started being pushed out so there's no way to know if it's actually software related instead of hardware related.

LG are the ones that cheap out on their devices and create absolute garbage that gives up after a year of normal use.

>these devices
>the 6p is made by Huawei
???
Try harder apple shill.

For real though there's no shilling I just want a new phone similar to the 5x I loved it and the original 5.

Get a Pixel 5' or Xioami Redmi note 3

OnePlus 3 or 3t?

3t. There's no reason to go with the 3.

Nexus 6p isn't made by LG, only the 5x

Aw fuck my bad

I am just about to buy a 5x for $250AUD.
Should I back out?

What bootloops

Nah, I've had mine since launch. They're fine and the camera is fantastic.

Uhh my 5X works fine

There is nothing better than Nexus/Pixel, everything else gets shit updates.

Honestly considering how shit android phones become compared to the KK era it would be a better choice to buy apple if it wasnt so expensive

yes. theres too much risk of it eventually looping

are you trying to say that they do it so that le stupid goyim keep buying their new products? because that's fucking stupid, not only does LG (if i'm not mistaken) replace bootlooped devices free of charge under warranty (which is 2 years at least in my country) but LG barely has any brand loyalty, I really doubt any LG fan would mind switching brands if they ever encountered any fatal internal error like constant bootloops on their phone.

honestly it's a fucking shame, I really respect the constant innovation that LG brings to their phones, like wide-angle cameras/laser autofocus/removable battery on metal body, but bootloops ruin the whole idea of me purchasing an LG device.

No it works fine, OP is literally retarded. The 5X is one of the greatest phones of all time.

I was in the same boat as you OP, loved the 5X and had been using exclusively Nexus phones since the 4.

I spent a long time looking into what to buy after my 5X died, but I just could not find a suitable android phone to replace it. I got my fill of flashing pajeet ROMs back in the pre-KK days, so going back to carrier bloat and short term official support wasn't something I looked forward to. Plus, coming from the 5X's camera, it was hard to find something on its level. Size was also an issue as I really didn't like the size of the Nexus 6 when I had one, and didn't want to go more than 5 inches, which also severely limits your options.

Ultimately I decided to go with an iPhone SE, which is honestly pretty comfy. Super smooth and perfect for one handed use. The Pixel would have been perfect, but I think it's just too overpriced. Luckily I never used too many paid apps so the ecosystem transfer has been mostly painless, though it boggles the mind that iTunes seems to run just as shitty on my current PC as it did on the Dell I had in middle school.

My 5x went through the bootloop issue at around 7 months, Google fi replaced it for free. A week later my gf's G4 had the bootloop issue, sprint replaced it for free. It was sort of a minor inconvenience but has turned me off of LG products for the near future. I don't see how it can be this prevalent of an issue to the point where they need to replace phones for free and not be talked about.

No there isn't, you are a retard

The Apple iPhone 7 does not have this problem.