I messed up

I messed up Sup Forumsuys...

Is there a chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tOFvk-FzTxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

:(

RIP

I removed the hard drive, no damage to it, physically, can it be salvaged by plugging into another laptop?

wot did u do

Yeah, probably. But y tho?

What happened bro?

if you spilled water, unplug battery and dont try to turn it on for like 2 days let it dry. if you tried to power it you could have shorted it and then fried it.
hard drives are air tight

>hard drives are air tight
No they're not, but they're definitely splash-resistant. They have breather holes so changes in air pressure don't pop them open.

I spilled a cup of 3/4 coffee and 1/4 French vanilla creamer

I took as much apart as I could and dried most of it, but I think next step is isopropyl alcohol on every part and letting it dry

Will probably need new keyboard I think

I was looking at Tay AI tweets and sharing with people on FB, and then I went to reply super fast and my arm just touched the top of the cup and boom

Will isopropyl alcohol give me a better shot?

I powered it off, unplugged wire, and then I turned it over upside down, drained most liquid, and got to work removing panels

Then first removed hard drive, and pulled out DVD rewriter because most of coffee stayed on bottom right near the DVD rewriter.

Then I got a blow dryer and blew dry 6 inches away on least hot temp and most liquid was gone

I left it to dry now, gonna leave it for a few days, while I find 99% isopropyl alcohol

And then figure out how to take it all apart and douse each piece and then put it back together

The laptop is 3.5 years old, I'm not too angry, but it has now become a project to learn something new.

Unplugged battery?

First thing you should do is buy a SATA to USB adapter and plug in your hard drive into another computer and pull your data off of it.

Buy like 10lbs of rice and put your components in the rice ASAP. Like go buy this now. In fact, the SATA to USB adapter should be the 2nd thing you do. Rice should be first.

Keyboard is probably toast. You win't be able to find 99%, 93% is the highest I've seen.

Before you go nuts with the isopropyl alcohol, you might want to rethink this... Isopropyl will melt some kinds of structural plastic and protective coatings...

Why are you so convinced that alcohol is going to solve this? Drink it instead and order a used laptop on eBay for $300.

Oh yes, after I unplugged wire.

There was no coffee coming from the battery area

The damage is mainly towards the bottom of the touch pad area and the right side of the laptop

It's 12AM

I'll do this tomorrow morning when I go pickup the alcohol too

Alright, I think anything over 70% is acceptable

Yeah I'll only do it with a tooth brush and lightly

Not going to dump the laptop in a pail of alcohol

I'm going to buy a new one anyways, I just want to see if I can save this one or not, if I can it'll just become a spare laptop for my TV or something like a media centre pc

>HP
good riddance

Recommend me a Lenovo that is spill proof

FUCK. OFF. NORMIE.

YOU DON'T BELONG HERE, LET ALONE Sup Forums.

thinkpad is

ILL HAVE U KNOW I GRADUATED TOP OF LEAF ACADEMY WITH A PHD IN MEMEING OUR PEPEISIDENT TO THE TRUMP HOUSE.

I BELONG HERE.

Thinkpad t420s is $250 Canadian for one with 8gb ram and ad adapter with windows

What about 430 or 440?

How spill proof are they though? Will they survive coffee?

RIP guys pls

>How spill proof are they though? Will they survive coffee?
Depends on where you spill it. Right on the keyboard then the keyboard is likely toast, but the structure and drain holes will prevent the internals from getting toasted as well

youtube.com/watch?v=tOFvk-FzTxQ Sorry

This is why people need computers, if you would've spilled the coffee over the keyboard then you'd still have a pc and just a sticky keyboard

>LEAF

GET OUT

>A PHD IN MEMEING OUR PEPEISIDENT TO THE TRUMP HOUSE

Fine you can stay

That's what you get for drinking that faggot shit!

Weird. I normally break things on purpose. Funny how life works. Something about more money than brains. I do like ripping capacitors off motherboards though.

Weird how you realize that so much of a product is outsourced. Most of it is either Foxconn, Samsung, etc.

Did the laptop power off after you spilled coffee on it? I not, and if you are patient, you might have a chance get this thing working.

If not buy a T420s. Payed 240€ with SSD and 8GB and looks like new. And runs perfectly of course.

Powered it off, but after I held down the power key the fan actually turned on on its own, with everything else in the laptop being off

It was weird

The fan got louder and louder

But it wasn't wet

Think I'll have to replace that?

I like the T4XX but the trackpad looks so small compared to the 440 and 460 :( it's like a square

What would you rather buy, a $900 CAD used Thinkpad X1 carbon, or a T460? But t460 is new/refurbished

Apple Macbook doesn't have this problem