Mfw my dad who is working on the 5g of mobile telecommunication...

>mfw my dad who is working on the 5g of mobile telecommunication, told me that everything is gonna depend on the cloud and that people will no longer need any powerful hardware or installed software because you just need to have a display that you will stream to you the application running on powerful server hardware
RIP PRIVACY AND SE SECURITY . well at least 5g is gonna at least offer good speed for everyone the minimum being 1 Gbs

Other urls found in this thread:

smbc-comics.com/comics/1481723478-20161214 (1) (1).png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>instead of extreme low latency high speed pcb traces between cpu and ram, we can have huge latency and garbage speed
SOUNDS FUCING EPIKC XDD

well the challenge is that this tech wont have huge latency and garbage speed

You can't make technology that defies physics

why would it defy physics streaming is already available with the 5g much higher speeds ; streaming would be much easier

and how are you going to achieve that dumbass?
We live in a world where laws of physics apply.

Because sending processing requests multiple miles away can never be faster than handling them locally.

Im not a fucking engineer m8 and this the goal of some telecom companies in the future 5g for these current years will just offer higher speeds . pic related some of my dads papers

tachyons :^)

the speed would be so high that it wouldnt matter

This

in the future all softaware will work just like office 365 hosted services works with some businesses

About fucking time

Bitch do you understand that radio waves travelling at the speed of light over a distance of few kilometerrs will always arrive later than the same information travelling at the same speed but over a distance of few centimeters on a printed board?

Really makes you think

What are these boxes

Op here, sorry for confusing latency with speed, I am retarded. I also like sucking cocks.

rude

Nothing beats a pigeon carrying an sdcard in terms of throughput.

Will pigeons enable low latency cloud services? No

How is an apology like that considered rude?

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

it's the cost factor.

cloud devices will be a fraction of the cost of full, high specced devices.

How does it defy physics? What is quantum physics? What is quantum entanglement, what is quantum communication?

Or, like fuck. Maybe once cloud computing is a ubiquitous technology and devices are connected to the cloud, companies will just build servers every 5km, couple that with fibre optics and you have a pretty good and cheap service. Why spend thousands on a gaming rig when you can spend $2 per hour on state of the art gaming hardware in the cloud.

Scan them and upload them you little turd.

also
>Jussi Sipola
Juicy sipola lol

>cloud devices will be a fraction of the cost of full, high specced devices.
yeah not counting infrastructure to make it viable
>500+ people on one cell tower streaming huge amounts of data all at once
that will work well on our current systems lmao

It's also about appeal and demand. It's easy to sell high specced devices for a shit ton of money.

Good luck selling a $25 terminal to some normies who just bought a full featured smartphone.

>What is quantum entanglement, what is quantum communication?

Don't try to sound smart. Quantum communications is not a replacement for communications as we know it.

>go from retard computers in the 70's and early 80's with mainframes and sharing processor cycles
>to self contained computers
>and now back to retard mainframe shit again
sure sounds good

>2017 4G coverage: less than 50%
>2027 5G coverage: less than 10%
>We're in the cloud now!

>yeah not counting infrastructure to make it viable

For starters the infrastructure is already there. What is a webapp.

Cloud devices will be for normie consumers on youtube, facebook etc.

Even developers would benefit from having their sw compiled in the cloud. I've made a few .net webapps with visual studio and to get them published on azure is a piece of cake.

Azure, SAAS etc these technologies are a glimpse into the future for cloud technology.

Web app (WA) vs. Desktop App (DA)
>WA will work on more computers as long as it has a browser, you don't have to worry about the OS or hardware of that machine.

Are you implying people want to waste money on a pc when a cloud device is more suitable? I agree some people are stupid but the iGeneration are a little more tech savvy. You can reliably predict technological advancements, not so much social advancements.

But the idea is that you buy a smartphone or tablet for a couple hundred dollars and it is your portal to a high specced machine. Imagine a smartphone or tablet that has the processing power of hundreds of xenon processors, terrabytes of ram and access to all of human knowledge (ie internet).

To get an idea of what i'm talking about, download the remote desktop app for your android device. That's what I'm talking about.

Than there's AR/VR/Mixed reality that's going to need massive computing power. You wont even have a smart phone you'l have a head mounted display.

But we won't know if we don't try. The Chinese are experimenting with quantum communications right nwo with satellites.

On a side note, does anyone else think that quantum communication could be our hotline to advanced civilizations somewhere out there in the universe

>For starters the infrastructure is already there. What is a webapp.

Sure, that's why internet is so fukken cheap in the US. Another lucky thing is that infrastructure magically adapts to increasing usage.

And plz stop with using quantum mechanics in your posts. It hurts

>On a side note, does anyone else think that quantum communication could be our hotline to advanced civilizations somewhere out there in the universe

Retard

>m muh Quatum
>Ive never studied quantum mechanics and only read clickbait pop sci articles

>smbc-comics.com/comics/1481723478-20161214 (1) (1).png

You fags are boring.

Sorry mate.

Reality is boring.

That's Bullshit.

>waaah why doesnt physics work like I want it too

This is the goal of the powerful. To gimp the consumers into being dependent on them.

This creates incentives for the rich to continue the trend as more people on cloud = unlimited income.

>quantum entanglement
Stopped reading there.

Is that what faggots actually believe?
FYI cloud always beats local due to caching.

Ahh, that why today everyone exclusively uses cloud based services.

all youre doing is making the case that OP is right.

You are not a smart man, are you?

(rhetorical question in case you didn't get that)

>spend $900 on a gaming rig and play DOTA for 1000 hours
>or spend $2000 to play DOTA with DA CLOUD
Rly makes u think

i imagine trying to play videogames wth cloud computing would be like trying to play through remote desktop

Cool. Which company does your dad work for? Mine works for Nintendo.

yeah my dad works at nintendo too in their newly acquired bell labs laboratory in Ne w Jersey , Japan

Better start stocking up on tech now before this shit.

people doubt this? when they start to charge a subscription to use programs like PS or MS I knew this would happen

your specs will depend on how much you are willing to spend and all components will be software

>You can't make technology that defies physics
What are inertial dampeners

>1gbps mobile data speed
>2 GB data cap on a $60 dollar contract

oy vey very nice

who gives a fuck about mobile speed, affordable unlimited data plans when?