First PC Thread

What was your firs POS computer? Mine was the glorious 133Mhz Packard bell with 16MB of ram, 2GB HD, and Windows 3.11 For Workgroups. It didn't see it's prime until I finally got Windows 95 on it. Pic semi-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8otoOFeKYr0
cnet.com/products/ibm-aptiva-e-2153-k6-2-300-mhz-64-mb-6-gb/specs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_900
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_950
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>POS computer
>Piece of shit computer
??

An Amstrad PC1640........it had the GEM OS on it.

Don't even know what my first computer was, I think it might have been either built by my dad or by some local company. Later we had a Packard Bell that didn't fucking work and then another build. My first personal machine was a Dell Latitude D400 second hand, have no clue of the specs tho.

>Doesn't have a 5.25" floppy.

286 machine, around 10MHz, 640kb+384kb extended memory, 20MB HDD and Hercules grapics card.

Forgot which DOS version ... probably 5 but it had GEM 3.1 as graphical user interface on top of it which was fucking neat.

Pentium III 500mhz with 64MB of ram and 20GB hard drive. The bios was password-locked and couldn't ever install anything above Win98SE because I was a retarded teenager

The first computer which was actually mine was a p4 with 512mb of ram, a radeon 7200 and a HDD that was some weird size like 16.8gb if I remember correctly

First computer I was able to use was my dad's which was basically the same as the OP's except it was running DoS. The day we got windows 95 was magical, I remember it quite clearly

ZX Spectrum. Those where the days

Close to my first.

My first was a Commodore

Pentium 120 MHz
16 MB RAM
1.6 GB HDD
Diamond Edge 3D, 2MB (yes the one with the NV1 chip)
Sega Saturn controller card with one controller.

Those are odd specs. I had a 133MHz Pentium with 8MB, 1gig HD and win95 (o?)sr1. Yours must have been one hell of a fully loaded box for pre-win95.

I didn't know enough about computers then to remember. I only know it had WindowsXP.

Pentium 90Mhz, 8MB, 850MB HDD, USR Sportster 28.8 modem, Soundblaster card, and some sort of ATI video card

DOS 6.22 with Windows 3.1

5.25" floppies were more Apple II TRS-80 days.

I had a 386 running dos but don't remember the specs. The first machine I put together was a laptop (got it in pieces in a box), a Toshiba Satellite 105cs. It had a 75mhz pentium, 16 mb ram, a 540 (or 528 I can't remember)mb hard drive and win95. I figured out how to write a driver for my pcmcia cdrom and installed win98se.

>Apple II days
I came up with hand me downs. It builds good habits to start from the beginning.

My first PC was a custom build that got handed down to me from my uncle.

It had:
Windows 2000 Proffesional
Pentium III 700Mhz
512MB Ram
and around an 80Gb Hard Drive

I think I kept using this until mid 2004, that's when I bought an Acer Tower (Can't remember the original specs or model number) that had XP half priced after a year of saving. From 2004-2010 I had upgraded the ram to a gig and the graphics card.

My dad had a tower beige pre-ppc mac, and a beOS machine which five years old me often play with. That will be the first time my contact with computers.

While the first pc which i owned is an orange imac g3 that i got as a christmas gift in 99, i still have it in the shack. The first pc i bought myself is an athlon 3200+ based pc paired with radeon x1650 gpu

A Pentium 200 IBM Aptiva

Remeber clearly because it was 5k at the time and we had the best computer in the entire town for the better part of a year.

Amiga 500. Even had the joystick for it, with one stick and two buttons.

my first own? don't know the manufacturer anymore, but it was a 286 with 2MB RAM, VGA graphics and 100MB HDD -> DOS 5.

P2 350mhz with a voodoo 3 3500, turns out my parents ended up in a payment plan costing them 1700 for it at the time, I still feel guilty for asking them for something so completely out of their budget

Me too.
Paid a fortune for an extra 512kB of RAM

Amiga 500

Packard Bell 486dx 75mhz
8mb ram, 512mb HDD
Windows 95 with fucking Packard Bell Navigator (pic related)
I was a dumb kid (with even dumber parents) and I thought that Navigator was the actual OS. Didn't even cross my mind about using the underlying windows until 6 months later or so.

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A with a black and white CRT. I was shocked when we hooked it up to our color set.

youtube.com/watch?v=8otoOFeKYr0

It's crazy that you can build a budget, sub $600 gaming rig these days that can play almost anything on medium settings.

Some Toshiba Satellite from '04

Intel P4
512MB ram
Windows XP
Dedicated Nvidia GeForce graphics

I remember it had some weird issue where if your machine went to sleep without the Nvidia driver installed that it would cause Ntoskrnl.exe to get deleted, don't ask how because I still don't know

A Gateway 2000 with Windows 95. It was like 5 grand lol

Was a magical day, been attached to a computer ever since.

Muh nigga. Motherfuckers don't even know about Parsec.

Some sort of Aptiva, can't remember the exact model. I want to say this might have been it cnet.com/products/ibm-aptiva-e-2153-k6-2-300-mhz-64-mb-6-gb/specs/

Asus Essentio CM1730. Before that I only had laptops. Got it for a great deal as comet were shutting down. Power supply died, though.

TI-99, and it still gets used today.

Old fag here...Commodore 64.

But I feel like my first "real" computer was a Mac Plus with 20MB HD. Not knocking the C64, but the Mac could do so much more.

10 call clear
20 let A=1
30 let A=A+1
40 Print A
50 goto 30

Macbook air.

An HP pavilion with a 800mhz Celeron and a whopping 128mb of ram. And let's not forget that massive 20gb hdd.

It came with a 15inch crt and the most advance operating system of its time...............WINDOWS ME!!!

Obviously it was a gaming beast.

You're too young to be here kid.

Compaq presario, it was my mom's who gave to me after she got a new gateway

I don't remember the specs but it played isketch and school house rock so that was good

Oh god the feels, I bought one for like 10 USD like 10 years ago, it ran Age of Empires 1 and 2, starcraft, diablo 2 and Windows 98, awesome speakers (still use them with my current rig), it had a Pentium 1 running at 100 mhz and 1GB hdd, 32 MB on RAM and ISA ports.

Sup Forums aint 18+ cousin

i was 14 and even though vista was out, i had my own 486 i got from the school's trash a year earlier.

and i liked it.

Tandy 1000 HX.

Gta2 newgrounds shockwave dragonmoonx

The whole site is 18+. Try coming here from the homepage.

there's one of these at a local thrift store for 10 dollars, is it worth it?

Same here. Thought it was so badass with the speakers.

Tiny PC (remember them?) With Pentium 133Mhz, 16MB RAM and ATI 3D Rage graphics running Win95. Woke up Christmas and it was all set up, graphics card came with Wipeout and Assault Rigs, shit was dope.

Uhhh... Fuck yea?

god bless wikipedia, they even have article about antique mac... thx to the pictures in it i manage to know dad's beige tower mac model..
its either en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_900
or en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Quadra_950

too bad they dont have articles about beOS machine though

Gateway with 40gb HDD, 256mb of RAM, pentium III perhaps? Can't remember. I was like 10 or 11. Then upgraded to one of those Q6600, 4gb memory, GTX 7900 Dell XPS machines to play on CS 1.6 hack servers.

I don't remember the CPU specs. It had 32MB RAM and a 4GB HDD with Windows 98 Second Edition

>Powerbook G3

my dads girlfriends son gave it to me so i wouldnt tell people i made him laugh so hard he pissed his pants.

[spoiler] I told everyone [/spoiler]

Had a Tandy from RadioShack. It didn't have windows, and all programs ran off 3.5" disks.

Tandy 1000TX?

We had other, family computers going back farther than I can remember, but my first "personal" computer was an HP Vectra M2 486/66.

Loved that thing. I've been keeping my eyes open in the hopes of finding another, but I don't really wanna spend $300.

I still have her and she still works

Compaq Presario 8MB ram, 500MB HDD, Windows 3.11

I can't remember the details of the first PC my family had but our second PC was one of these Sony all-in-one media center badass fold-up space age computers. It was wonderfully bad.