Home Screen Thread

Go

It's kind of ironic how iOS is the most childish looking despite being on a 'premium' marketed device

werks4me

Someone asked for the icon pack: Its the Stark Icon Pack

I deal with servers all day, I don't want to have to fiddle with my fucking phone every day just to make it work the way I want.
Also the Mac and iOS integration is kick ass.

it's iOS 7 that fucked things up permanently, it was god tier 4 years ago.

Go for it

I'm not talking about its functionality, I'm referring to the aesthetics.

I'm only here for my daily >Reddit

Android phones can be just as basic as iPhones, you don't HAVE to fiddle with anything. Dumb faggot, you spent 3x the money on a phone that does the same shit.

At least all your iToddler devices work together so easy! Must be a lot easier than drag and dropping stuff straight from an Android phone onto a Linux or Windows OS!

Why even bother participating? We all know how iPhone home screens look like because they all look the same...

it's shit

You aren't wrong

How can I improve?

R8/H8

The wallpaper, for starters

I need those seeds Morty. I need you to shove them way up your butthole Morty. I need you shove them way up there Morty.

I would do it Morty, but *blaaarrgh* my, my anus is too lose from having shoved so many of them up my anus. Your anus is still nice and tight, Morty.

You don't have to fiddle with your phone, but you can

>reddit

How about now?

>WhatsApp

Third worlder detected

Niggers, this is what works for a proper man. Screw you and your uptight minimalistic spartan shit.

What messaging app do you use in the first world user?

>folders

Can you share the pape, pls?

>Emoji plushy
Can you be more of a pretentious cunt?

How do you do this?

Evie Launcher
Custom icon pack
Complimanting wallpaper
Google now search widget
>Not my home screen I just know what he used and trying to help

Also possiblly he has a Samsung phone with a custom theme

I don't know how to deal with the contrast of the android buttons.

Make the top icons black, like mine.

Thanks, bro.

Wallpaper plx

botnet/10

r8 please

Be gentle

>uptight minimalistic spartan shit

I've yet to see a tastefully done functional minimalist homescreen in these threads. It's just a competition here to see who can be most pretentious.

No bully.

This is why I'll never use a 3rd party icon pack. There's always some icons that weren't done and look like fucking shit and clash with the entire look.

And I'm not gonna shell out a couple shekels just to see if a paid one has them.

Nova launcher actually.

Very nice
9/10

Tinder

It's mainly because no icon pack creator can actually keep up with every single app that releases. And therefore they have to rely on their own customers to tell them what to create, and those same customers expect an icon update in the same day.

They're great if all you care about is using icons for specific apps on your homescreen that are already relatively popular, but if you want an icon pack to be thoroughly consistent throughout your phone, that will never happen sadly.

b-but I already have a gf user

You can always make your own icon pack. Just make some icons for the apps only you use.

Functional. Although clean master is thoroughly unnecessary.
Would recommend looking into changing folders into squares.

Most people misinterpret minimalist to the extreme. Minimalist is still supposed to be functional, and not all this pretentious shit where people have nothing on their home screen but 5 buttons each for their own app.

Fresh from Reddit

I don't see why though. Again, that's a lot of effort for minimal reward. You still have to keep up with whatever future apps you use, and since you're just using it for yourself, you aren't getting paid like other icon pack creators.

Basically, icon packs are largely a bust except for in the specific example I stated.

You can just make some super minimalist icons in MS Paint that only take a couple minutes each. But it's not worth doing unless you enjoy it. I'm an artfag so I could get into it if I wanted.

Bleh

You don't really, because you only need custom icons for the apps sitting on your home screen. I don't care if the app drawer looks ugly and mismatched, it's an app drawer. Pic related

The planet has an invisible icon for Firefox over it too

That's not surprising considering your homescreen looks like it belongs to someone who doesn't care.

Someone please rate screens

Yeah, I said that in my earlier comment. Also your wallpaper doesn't work with the icons. It's all too washed out whereas the search bar and whatever the green circle is, isn't washed out.

why would you ever waste time doing this shit post KitKat

R8 pls

Correct. It's functional, the wallpaper changes every 6 hours, it doesn't look like iOShit, and other than that I don't give a fuck.

I've got even uglier screens to the left and right of that one, check it out

Get rid of search bar
4/10

If you only use telegram, music, and firefox, then 6/10
If you regularly use other apps/services/shortcuts, 4/10

7/10
would be an 8.5/10 if wednesday had same font as your links

4/10

3/10

6.5/10
Minimal, highly functional, and yet it still looks great. Not a huge fan of the phone and messenger icons being where they are though.

Anything 4 or below just looks like you barely care anyways.

Turn on airplane mode when you have no service, otherwise you're wasting lots of battery famalam.

4/10

Shit taste

Or do you have full service with no data connection? I can't fucking tell

I dunno, it looks good on my phone's oled screen. Are you using a pleb-grade LCD or something? It changes automatically to random shit off 500px anyways, I like to keep it interesting.

they're both folder icons

>tidal in 2017

2clocks/10 also the star background makes it somewhat cluttered
8/10 what icon pack is that?
5/10 I don't really like it when icons are not in a symmetrical layout. Also I would lose the page dots at the bottom

Material - dark and orange

lines icon pack i believe. it's on google play. there is a dark version too.

Compression

guys
ive been on xiaomi phone for a while
I am used to it
but now I am tinkering with free version of nova launcher

are there any good widgets
especially clock widgets?
free and customizable?

I haven't seen that picture in years.

>I don't want to have to fiddle with my fucking phone every day just to make it work the way I want.
You're thinking of Linux. Android is as easy to use as iOS 95% of the time.

M'pad

Messaging. Here in the first world we have unlimited SMS and don't have to rely on WhatsApp.

And m'xy s4let

Just kill me
I tried Kustom but the thing won't run well

Just worked out how to take screenshots on this thing.

>weebshit

Good, I hope it never runs well for you.

That was pretty obvious. I tried everything else and then I resorted to weeb
Also, Sup Forums is probably the last place I would think about when someone says "wallpapers"

Also, the thing runs now.
Is that a Lumia?

Getting riced for this synthwave vibe

>having any icons at all in 2017
LMAO

here

It's the same as