Anyone else love macOS (formerly OS X)?

Anyone else love macOS (formerly OS X)?

I despise Windows, but love macOS for productivity.

Just built a Hackintosh with high end parts and dual boot with Windows 10 (blech).

>t. Macnigga who's been with Apple since the 90's.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ornnea.terminal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only reason I haven't fully switched over to Hackintosh is OS X's shitty mouse acceleration, and lack of vidya.

Works fine here. I have 2x980Ti Hybrids in an mATX case. Super solid, even with Sierra.

El Capitan was extreeeeeemly solid.

One downside is if you update OS patches, you are kind of screwed....so if you want to be safe, you put all the kexts in the EFI partition and not follow those faggy guides on Tonymac.

Too bad about nVidia being dicks about Pascal drivers. I have a 1080 sitting around here which I was forced to take out cuz of lack of drivers.

Definitely a fulltime OS and stable for every day use and work.

getting tired of apple's shit desu

probably gonna try hackintosh myself later this year as they dont seem interested in releasing something truly high end without a built-in screen (or with a proper fucking gpu, fuck off mobileshit reee)

thought about switching to linux but i need mac os for work still

I'm thinking about doing a Hackintosh partition as my main OS and Windows for gayming would you recommend Sup Forums?

yup. i got a hackintosh that runs yosemite and capitan for compatibility issues. super stable

But is it worth the space and effort if I care about muh freedom?

Contrary to popular belief, Apple's kikery doesn't affect the OS, it's in the services and hardware.

I don't "love" it but I consider it a really fine OS and it's the one I use on a daily basis.

Problem I have is, like said, updates, since it's a hackintosh, and also that I have some other keyboard and I'm having some trouble even remembering the shortcuts since they use these different keys.

Aside from that? This shit is fucking gold. Runs pretty smooth on a shitty build from 3 years ago, has all the software that I need and doesn't look and function like ass, like w10. I also have Parallels for windows 10 and honestly, this thing I can use even for fucking games without doing that whole GPU passthrough thing.

I can understand people shitting on it that have already tried it extensively, but really I think some other people should give it a try.

Do it, also grab a pirated version of Parallels if you don't want to restart for simple things.

>macshitOS
>stable

Good joke.

>I don't know anything about macOS but I don't like it anyways and I'm spewing my shit memes everywhere

Me

I have two questions:

1.)

Will I have no problems with Hackintoshing if I don't have a dedicated GPU?
I'm building a budget PC with an Intel Celeron or Pentium, 4GB of Corsair 1333 RAM and either a BioStar or ASRock motherboard. Will I have any problems with these?

2.)
Do these 16GB MacOS USB sticks from Amazon actually work?

>16GB MacOS USB sticks from Amazon
haha why
just use a vm and make your own

1. MacOS usually works with most integrated intel GPUs, but you might need more RAM

2. Instead of buying that, you should be able to run a MacOS VM and do everything from there.

why would someone use hackintosh, its retarded

Yes, for a normal desktop flow it is so damn enjoyable to use. Really just a complete pleasure. I only boot over to w10 for games, but I've been spending 18 hours a day in my web browser for the last couple of weeks so that's been rare.
Including setting up the VM to download Sierra it took me maybe 30 minutes to install and get working perfectly? Maybe I got lucky, it used to be a nightmare to do back in 2006.

Dude, why are you not using safari ? Is the best browser ever made.

Where do I get MacOS from though? I don't know anyone who has a mac.

>why wouldn't someone use hackintosh, its retarded
FTFY

How do I download MacOS for a VM?

Not him, but I don't get why you would use Safari over Chrome in OSX. It doesn't have webm support (unless you install a plugin that still doesn't work with embedded content) and it's pretty wonky with streams.

Torrent sites. Just find yourself a sierra vmware image or something like that. It's not too difficult to set up. El capitan also works for it if you can't find that.

Basically what you have to do inside the virtual machine is open up the app store and download the sierra installer from there, then find them tools to make an usb installer for PCs.

Its pretty nice desktop os but its have some major problems.
Like there in no pci passthrough.
Filevault is broken on hackintosh
Shitty incompatible SMB
Gpgtools and Firefox devs are lazy bastards.

You can copy clover and osx recovery partition on usb stick, boot it up, login to appstore and download osx.

my history which acts as my bookmarks in a way isn't in safari, it's in chrome . and i'd like . it to continue updating on the like 5 different devices i use

Mavericks is better desu

Show your tits you dirty fucking slut. How many men's dicks have you touched?

i just purchased dirt cheap an imac edu edition running 10.6.8 got an upgraded cpu for chinkssville and 4gb of ram (both for under £25) will those additions be enough for it to not be so laggy..HDD is 160gb..im a linux guy for 15+ years but at £40 for mac,wireless mouse and keyboard it was too good to miss..is it worth paying the upgrade fee for 10.7 as browsers arent compatible anymore.

I can buy refurbished Power Mac Quad Core with up to 8 GB of RAM for a good price in my area. Should I do it? I only need it as a backup computer for Office use and some video playback which won't be higher than 480p anyway, since my WiFi is shit.

It's a Power Mac 1,1

it's okay

it's all just intel crap

>main OS is a Hackintosh setup
>no dual-boot, just Sierra
>registered an iCloud account
>even bought some apps
FULLY INVESTED.

I use Sierra on a real 2011 MacBook for certain programs I like but I use a Thinkpad T420 with Debian for everything else. MacOS is just BSD with a mediocre desktop environment made by Apple. I suppose having all applications in a single directory is pretty nice but there other operating systems that have this too.

debian is straight garbo

It's stable, fast, easy, has a nice community, and has some of the best support for commonly used software. Also, it's one of the oldest distributions (1993 if I remember correctly).

Jokes on you, you're the only tech illiterate here

Use Sleipnir! It's a shame to use something as ugly as Chrome on a "Mac."

This.
Sleipnir is aesthetic and works well

Yes

This is going to be my new setup

Yes.

Terminal color scheme and what music player is that ? Mpd + ncmpcpp?

MacOS has literally the best userbase (and screenshots) on Sup Forums right now. Linux and Windows are memed to death by trolls, pajeets and autistic basement-dwellers, to be honest

hiii

Yes.
Colorscheme: my.mixtape.moe/ornnea.terminal

Adding and

Forgot to quote, baka.

ur 2 slo

is linux

no, u

Sorry, didn't look well enough

Anyone can add me to that group of macOS ricing (Discord)? [email protected]

You need to answer the e-mail first, senpai.

you do know sli doesn't work in mac at all right? not even with novideo mac drivers instead of native crapple.

Mac Pro goddamnit

Answered :^)

It's only 3 questions. Why is it taking so long to answer them?

ur 2 slo

my macbook air has only 3 partitions

grub debian and swap

i am your opposite

>Used to use Gentoo on a ThinkPad in 2013
>Bought a rMBP in 2014
>Bought a 5k iMac in 2016
No regrets at all.

I answered you vía Google mail and cock.li, i think that Google mail doesnt work lmao

>5k iMac
With 16 GB RAM or 8?

>macOS (formerly OS X)

post wallpaper please?

Serious question: Why use osx + win instead of linux + win ?

Homosexual vs not-homosexual.

>why use a beautiful, professionally made operating system with lots of software support when you could use some free junk made by guys in their basement with zero professional software
lol

Because macOS is better for desktops.

>t. mactoddler

The only correct answer

>yosemite

into the trash

I don't know any real tech people who like Mac. Everyone knows its for sales or art people who don't know shit about tech but like to spend more money on brand name trinkets than is necessary.

Mac fags need to gtfo and stay off my board.

>mactoddlerOS

Into the trash.

t. wintoddler

Damn @ some of these desktops, what are you guys using to stylize macos like that?

>OS X's shitty mouse acceleration
can be disabled with smooth mouse

as to vidya, yeah that's why I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop and dual boot Windows 10 Pro on my MBP. If all games ran in macOS and they ran just as well as on Windows.... and you could easily install macOS on any machine legitimately, I'd use it over Windows for sure.

very carefully haha

>With 16 GB RAM or 8?
Why does it matter? Can't all of the 5K iMacs be upgraded using laptop SO-DIMMs? I put extra RAM in my parent's 5K iMac, went from 8GB ot 24GB since it was like $60.

I learned OS X as a matter of being versed in it for the purpose of my career but I do not prefer it.

I need to get my Hackintosh running again (now that I have a MacBook that should be relatively painless).

Keeping with ElCap for now, will only update when I have to for Xcode.

whats the matter?

too POOR to afford a real mac?

Apple's insistence on keeping opengl 5 versions behind and their refusal to support vulkan makes this os unusable for anything other than browsing the internet. They're retards if they think anyone is going to use their meme proprietary graphics api.

Can I boot into a Parallels partition for gayming?

Like, Parallels is really convenient but I don't want to waste another 20GB on a Windows install

>tfw real mac + Hackintosh master race

I think Deus Ex Mankind Divided was supposed to get macOS support soon with metal support. Starcraft 2 was also supposed to get metal support but when I tested Starcraft 2 and then booted W10, it still ran better in W10 so I have no idea if metal has been implemented.

Wish they would just adopt vulkan and update opengl