4k@144hz is now a reality

4k@144hz is now a reality.

VideoCardz have apparently got their hands on an early ASUS press release for a new G-Sync monitor with DCI-P3 HDR support: the PG27UQ. This 27-inch panel can be driven up to 3840x2160 at 144 Hz, which is obviously a very high resolution that G-Sync will be a great help in making playable. This is one of the first G-Sync monitors to support HDR with the standard, just a couple of days after AMD announced FreeSync 2 (which also added HDR).

pcper.com/news/Displays/CES-2017-Leak-ASUS-Announces-PG27UQ-HDR-G-Sync

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/aoc-agon-ag251fz/
pcpartpicker.com/product/TzfmP6/asus-monitor-pg27aq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1080p is just fine.

this

>Living in 2008

60 fps too

>$2000 monitor
>$2000 worth of videocards (probably need two 1080Tis
will this monitor drive down the price of 1440p 144hz? that seems like the sweet spot between overall quality and run-ability

now make it with a polarizer film on top and 30"+ size

1080p in a tablet is considered the bare minimum. anything less and it's definitively a "budget" tablet. what makes you think our desktop monitors should be at that same level?

maybe you don't, but i look at my desktop monitors an order of magnitude longer (per day) than i do my tablet or phone screens.

>tfw too used to ultrawides and want higher res than 1440

>tfw too used to ultrawides
i'm sure people get used to not wearing fedoras after wearing them for a while. you'll cope.

720p at 24 fps is all you need, seriously, anything more is just snakeoil and retarded

lol

fpbp

Delete this.

muh dick

The Freesync HDR model will be great for Couter Strike Source.

Thats what I thought, until I got 1440p

>the current year

I seriously wonder where VideoCardz get all their press releases from. They just keep shitting on NDAs over and over again. I seriously doubt any company is willing to give those guys any inside information.

Give me 32", 4k, HDR, 120hz, freesync, and I will pay 600+ for it

No GPU can push that for games without low settings though

also who's going to buy a probably $2000 display?

Someone probably passes the info to them and WCCF tech clearly

AOC has a 1080p 240hz display coming for that

digitaltrends.com/computing/aoc-agon-ag251fz/

Were on the cusp of Vega and volta, these cards are for 4k.

It doesn't even need to run 100+ fps, just 50-60+ with freesync/gysnc looks great

Pathetic goyim
You can pay $1200 or you can fuck right off

Make it oled with a vesa mount and I'll pay 1400+

I have to have it. My titan x hits 144 in overwatch at 4k, wow too. This is going to be so amazing I havent been this excited in so long

1440p is the limit actually. 4k is a meme.

It wont be 2k. Probrably more like 5-800.

If anything it needs to be smaller. 24" is ideal for gaming monitors. Why would you want 30? The ppi would be shit.

Ya naw, 60hz G-sync displays are $800, and they just released a 1600p Ultra Wide G-sync that's $1300

pcpartpicker.com/product/TzfmP6/asus-monitor-pg27aq

By contrast there's a number of Free-sync 4k IPS diplays under $400

>5-800
Maybe in two years, no way it'll be that low at launch especially with G-SYNC jewery.

Why would you want 120hz? The 144hz has your quantum dot.

What is the best size for 4k? Isin't 27' too small?

Their 1440p version is $800

>4k
>gaming

This meme needs taking out back and shooting.

it depends on if you want to scale or not.

Even the low end vegas can do over 60hz dude.

Name 2 vega cards.

I have a 1440p 144hz and its nice, but I've never tried 4k and I want to try it with the new amd gpu

Gonna be a long wait though, probably wont see them till February

>Source

I also have a 1440p 144Hz and it's very nice.

I don't want to see 4k. I don't want to become accustomed to 4k like I did to 144Hz. Anything less looks like trash in comparison.

You didn't become accustomed to 1440p though
I know you didn't, search your heart, you know 1080p is fine now that you have 1440p

Nah mate. 1080p is trash too.

1440p 34 inch 100hz IPS ultrawide masterrace here. 4k isnt worth it on a monitor that small anyway, and having to always need the most current top end build to support that resolution is a hassle.

No it isn't. 1440p is so much better it's unreal. I didn't believe it until I used a 1440p monitor.

That being said I don't think I like 4k because it's highly dependent on scaling and some poorly scaled things are annoying on 1440p already.

>can be driven up to 3840x2160 at 144 Hz
Ya maybe with a propitiatory cable setup. DisplayPort doesn't have the bandwidth yet.
>IPS
And lost interest.

why won't g-sync just die

HDMI 2.1's spec becomes official this year but unfortunately it sounds like it won't be hitting devices until at least Q4 2017

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

Because it's better then that Freesync trash

Better bet is waiting for DisplayPort update. HDMI is still lacking.
It's the best option.

1280x1024 75Hz here

Bite me

I'm still waiting for this but using OLED
I prefer watching movings on my phone because the contrast is just too perfect.

movies*

Supposedly the reveal is at CES 2017 in the next few days

>I prefer watching movings on my phone
kys

>HDMI
>The monopoly tard standard that is perpetually years behind displayport
Who gives a fuck about them other than muh drm mpaa idiots?
It's a disaster of failures.

>DisplayPort doesn't have the bandwidth yet.
1.4 does though
>IPS
Sure, but according to some sources this will be the first FALD computer display, which sounds like a really bad idea, even if it has 384 zones as announced.

Call me when they have a 33" at 144hz.