C appreciation thread

In honor of the best language

Why is C objectively (no pun intended) the best language?

it's not

Good to teach you the fundamentals of programming though, and, combined with assembly, it gives you great insight into how programs are actually processed on a hardware level via its pointers.

It's a low high level language that has had an impact on most languages created since.

Simple syntax and relative small size help too.

C is my favorite
I am currently writing a utility program with ncurses in order to help me test the open source programs that I work as a quality engineer for at the startup that employs me

>(no pun intended)
If you weren't a redditard you wouldn't even need to type these useless characters out. We know, you dumbfuck.

u mad faget

Freedom.

Network effect.

the matrix was written in C

RIP

Its clean, relatively simple, everyone and their grandmother knows it and there's cross compilers available for every toaster architecture there is

the matrix is the best way to explain chroot jailbreak I know

C is pretty nice. I do hate the fact that it doesn't have strings.

I like C++ more though

>shilling for a 40-year-old language that isn't memory safe
(You)

it's simple small and tough

how can a language be memory safe?

C is shit. All code written in C is unreadable garbage once it gets past 1000 lines or so. You need to use external libraries for the most basic shit, because the language has no decent standard library. And if you believe a decent standard library is "bloat", you should stop writing fizzbuzz and kill yourself.
And if you believe lack of features is a good thing, you probably shouldn't be programming, since you'll shit out useless pieces of crap like gnome.

how do you like C++? It's got tons of libraries

It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but debugging anything related to templates is a nightmare. And while I believe it's superior to C in the right hands, it's also easier to write even worse code than in C if done by Pajeet.
Also it's definitely held back by trying to be an extension of C.

This. Write your drivers in Golang. It has millions of libraries

> I need a language to shield myself from my own stupidity

hahahahaha

(((( SAFE )))) programming = i'm dumb

Sure, the people that created OpenSSL is dumber than you. No person can compete with your level of programming (((((((((skills))))))))).

LibreSSL is better and in C, that a language is memory safe doesn't mean there are no bugs or possible vulns in it.