Is Windows 7 still a viable option for the modern PC gamer?

Is Windows 7 still a viable option for the modern PC gamer?

I was considering switching to it, but I play the latest games and was wondering if support still exists for Windows 7.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmag.com/articles/make-windows-10-like-windows-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, retard.

What games are you interested in? Im still on win 7 playing everything fine maing

Yes, but it won't last much

I'm playing Overwatch a lot now and I kinda just hop onto the mainstream games.

Right now I'm playing Black Ops 3, Overwatch, and HotS a lot.

Thanks

How long do you think it will last before it becomes totally obsolete? Do you think people will find ways to keep it up to date?

Been using windows 7 on main gaming rig for the past 4 years, so blessed not having to install updates every week like windows 10.

OP here, I'm sorta a noob with technology, but I've heard that DX 12 or something is not compatible on Windows 7...what does this mean exactly for gaming?

There won't be any new cpu gens support, this plus dx12 means we are fucked. Considering what happened to XP I think we will end up in some W10 version without much boat.

1. Games are still being released that work on Windows XP.
2. Windows 7 extended support doesn't end until January 14, 2020.

It will be so far from now that even thinking about the possibility is nothing less than an act of mental retardation.

It means jack fucking shit. A game would have to exclusively use DX12 to not work on Windows 7.

>How long do you think it will last before it becomes totally obsolete?
>Modern Gaming

Ever heard of XP?

Oops, I got the quotes backwards somehow.

Can I play Overwatch on XP?

Many games being released these day s are x64, and everybody knows that XP x64 drivers are shit or non existent.

Until the majority of games are released with DX12 support, you should be fine with 7.

Just go with the botnet OP, don't listen to these retard who thinks that 7 will last forever.

Of course some game will still run on 7 in the next couple years, but you will regret it once you find one game that you really want to play and your OS is not supported anymore because you act like an autistic tinfoil retards.

>inb4 you.

Drivers are the problem here.

OP here, what do you guys think of this?

laptopmag.com/articles/make-windows-10-like-windows-7

I really don't care about W10 botnet tb.h, but I just hate the whole system overall, it's just like a big collection of bad decisions. Not even normies like it

Just do what most people like you do when they finally moved from XP to 7.

What they do? I bought a new machine when 7 was released, but I avoided Vista at all costs.

You have shit taste.

Autistic modded the desktop, start menu and explorer so it will looks like XP.

forget modern win 7 is the only way to run a lot of older stuff properly

Is there way to unmicrosoft Windows10

Get Tiny7.
Win7 Ultimate made for gaming.

Install a proper GNU+Linux distro.

I'm running it on my XPS 15 with Skylake CPU and had it installed on a friend's laptop with an i3 KabyLake. Yeah, it works perfectly on modern hardware. Better than 10 will ever do.

>PC gamer

You won't be able to play Recore, Dead Rising 4, Gear of War and Forza.

Dead Rising 4 might end up on steam in half a year though.

Yes. Vulkan is becoming a thing and it ensures cross platform gaming. So Windows 7 gaming will always be a thing except for the few dx12 only titles. New Microsoft games be unavailable on w7, but that's nothing to cry about as dx12 will have less exclusive games than there are templeOS users. Note: "Microsoft games" means either made by Microsoft or made under a strict contract with Microsoft and not "Windows exclusive". Other developers will also include vulkan support as they have made openGL support in past.

So dx12 is a meme then? I had no clue vulkan was becoming a big thing.
Thought it was the other way around

Yes, the only thing you'll be missing is DirectX12

why not dual boot windows 10 just for that few games that need it.

>vulkan
>meme
It's currently the only and best solution for cross platform gaming. It's backed by several powerful companies. It lets users get un-cucked by Windows.
There aren't even that many directX 12 titles out there and it's only available on Windows 10 which isn't even the most used OS right now. So yes, it's a meme, just like edge browser.

I think I'll stay on Windows 7 until Windows 10 get's the spyware removed, which I doubt.
The only major reason to upgrade is DX12, which only a handful of games support surprisingly. I really wanted to play Forza but whatever.

amazing, I really wasn't informed about vulkan meme stuff. Sounds real fucking nice.

Now I'm considering going back to Win 7 until glorious GNU/Linux becomes the norm

Only thing missing is DX12 and no developer is dumb enough to attempt DX12 only in their games just yet.