If it aint cherry, i aint touching it

if it aint cherry, i aint touching it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RMVS5JrZTqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But gateron is objectively better

Shame a cherry switch is the only virgin you'll ever touch.

You should check out those fancy buckling springs.

>he can't afford Topre switches

pls explain

I actually have a model M in my drawer, it's is very nice.

Why would he want rubber domes?

it's like cherry except it's like you're typing on a cloud

I have a dell keyboard and domes are fine, well I never had a mechanical so that maibe the reason that I feel that way.
Ordered one mechanical with gateron blues lets see how they sound

Cherry Reds are pretty damn fine.

>sound
Dude, are you a troll ?
You dont buy mechanical keyboards just for the sound ...

...so these mechanical keyboards are good for gaming right?

checked out a bunch of youtube videos of fat guys with blump feminine fingers typing away on Obnoxiously loud keyboards, as tho there was a herd of tiny ponies running on a wood floor

what is the Hardest and Quietest Switch/Keyboard?

Just because you have dicks for fingers doesn't mean you have to punish yourself with Cherry garbage.

Topre, alps, matias, hell Romer fucking G are all better than cheap ass cherry faggotry.

which one is the most silent?

But I touch myself everyday
Checkmate faggot

What's the difference in feel between Gateron brown and Cherry brown?

blue

Then i wonder why every company is copying cherry.

If they are as bad as you say.

Lol what? I heard blue is the most "clicky" one, and that brown or better black are the silent ones.

used Cherry Blacks for a long time (martial arts typing), switched to Topre

Topre for life

It's almost like people have shit taste or something!

i have brown but i'd love to try clears. anyone here ever used them?

How does the clicky sound of the reds compare to the blues? I want a clicky sounding keyboard but not too excessive

Reds are linear. The only click you would get out of a red is bottoming out.

I ordered a Cherry tester and frankly the switches feel really cheap.
Blue feels like a meme, Brown feels like a bad joke. Red is the best one, but it's just nothing special and when pressed at an angle you can feel the lack of lube/friction, it even makes a bit of a screeching sound sometimes.
They all wobble like some cheap chink plastic and bottom out just hitting the hard surface.

You can get hints at how her cooter looks!

So, which key is clicky but not that as clicky as the blues?

>tfw you bought cherry blues because its the most memed but you later realized you wanted reds
such is life

Brown. They're not nearly as clicky as blue but they're pretty much as close you're gonna get without actually using blues.

Also white i guess, but keyboards with white are really rare comapred to other ones.

>They all wobble like some cheap chink plastic
That's probably because of the keys ontop of the switches and not the actual switches themselfes.

if it aint zealio, i aint touching it.

Good, one less chance to be infected with your auism :^)

>tfw fell for topre meme
>bought fc660c
>literally feels like membrane keyboard that came with my desktop from 2007
>blind test cant tell difference
>cant return
>sitting in closet for 4 months untouched while im back on my stickered and lubed gat blues

In fact, sound is pretty much the one drawback for a mechanical keyboard, that they're much louder than membranes

The plastic part (blue in pic related) wobbles.

Maybe they couldn't make it less wobbly without increasing friction...

OK thanks, but will brown also be clicky?

Hardest and quietest would be the stiffest linear switch (greys, I guess), and O-rings to keep you from making noise by bottoming out.

Browns basically feel like typing on a macbook keyboard, if that's your thing. Clears are a bit closer to blues in terms of feel, but there are no clears in an affordable keyboard for some reason.

honestly, after owning a few mechanical keyboards, you can not beat a good rubber membrane button.

i just don't get the meme of mechanic keyboards, it's old tech, it's schlit, it's schlop, it's for schlomos. period.

too bad most keyboards have the inferior ANSI layout

Your loss, bro.

Never used a cherry, but kailh blue is pretty good.

If heavy, silent and gaming then Cherry MX silent black
Silenced switch like Topre silent, Cherry MX silent and Matias Quiet.
If you only need reasonable silence then non clicky switches like MX brown or red

>You dont buy mechanical keyboards just for the sound

are you dumb?

Well it's a switch tester. Plate-mounted switch on a solid built keyboard will feel miles better.

Im very pleased with it

>Das Keyboard
no wonder you are

I did.

>2017
>using shitty mx cherry switches
laughing at you

Are there any quiet switches that feel as satisfying as blues? Apparently browns are silent but shit. What about clears?

>not using a Topre switch

I never seen that switch before. Is that ALPS? Alps is rectangle not oval. Wtf is that?

Guys, what is a good switch where it makes a good clicky noise but not too excessive like a blue?

here is your clue

Actually I have no idea what this here is

Also heres another picture of the switch

>muh butter smooth
>inconsistent chink shit
>better
the higher slider friction in Cherry switches become non existent from use over time.
But /mkg/ fags mostly take photos of their keyboards, not use them.

I think it literally tells you what switch it is.

I have blues. I don't really like it desu, it's way too loud and my fingers hurt from the shock when typing

I had rubberdomes, they dont hurt to type on but feel too mushy

I think I may get topre or gateron clears next

Feels infinitely better than scratchy cherrys

>poorfags will never know the buttery smooth tactile feedback of a topre

Quietest would probably be red, it's what I use and I like them for games because the activation point is pretty high, so you don't need to bottom out for it to register (also quieter). Still much noisier than normal kbs though, keep in mind.

wants a brown switch, can't get it for the KB i want

it's like I always get forced to buy shit I don't want cause shit I want aren't available.

a 60% KB with esc and arrow keys with backlit is all I want, is it too much to ask for?

>my fingers hurt from the shock when typing
I know exactly what you mean and I only tried the switches on a tester.
Maybe try adding some o-rings.

I'm glad I didn't fall for the Cherry meme, tbf.

>german quality meme
Why the fuck would I pay 1 buck per switch when gateron make literally the same switch (with smoother sliders) for 30 cents per switch.

Yes because that's niche as fuck.
Build your own keyboard, it's not that hard.

>tfw fell for the matias meme

But you can order 100 clear switched for $50, so it's not hard to swap for clear switches if you really want. I'm going to do an ergo clear project with my next keyboard.

iktf
seriously, if I haven't had the chance to try em at my friends place I wouldn't believe it myself
cherry switches are garbage in comparison

that said, my topre keyboard is only good for typing because you have to apply a different amount of force to the keys, depending on where they are placed
so if you move away from the home row and instead use wasd it feel weird

How long have you had it?

DAS boards are solid, but I can't get past the dust and fingerprint magnet that is the glossy case.

Clears are closer to the feel of blues, but are heavier.

Ergo clears get fairly close.

>Glorified rubber domes

You could always build one from scratch, or swap switches. If you can solder at all and aren't a tard isn't fairly simple.

its a space invader youtube.com/watch?v=RMVS5JrZTqk

Not even ZF switches huh?

>cherry
>not buckling spring
ISHYGDDT

>as tho there was a herd of tiny ponies running on a wood floor
I suddenly feel the urge to buy a loud mechanical keyboard.

>not using matias switches

wew

cute nails