So what does Windows actually do when it keeps eating more and more disc space? I've turned updates off...

So what does Windows actually do when it keeps eating more and more disc space? I've turned updates off, I haven't installed anything on the drive, I have occasionally cleaned up the Users directory and ran disc cleanup, but still the disc space keeps getting lower and lower.

I'd like to keep 10 % of free space but it seems impossible as there's barely anything to clean up anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GDhacyJOfVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Windows
Stay KEKED

mostly log files

run ccleaner

>run ccleaner

This is what winfags actually believe

Delete the files in the temp folder, hidden ones to
But dont delete temp itself

Freed up 110gb off my grandmas netbook like that

Option 2 is a clean install of windows

web caching, recycle bin storage and pagefile probs

Maybe try this program, pic related.
It at least shows how big each folder/file is in a few seconds. I discovered that my error.log (apache2) was nearly 10gb, no shit.

Defrag your system. It'll take a bit, so it'll play sugar plum fairy while you wait.

M$ is using your computer as their data storage server. They save all data in /windows/system32 directory to hide it.

Sooo... just delete system32, I mean, really, no one uses 32bits anymore, you REALLY don't need that folder anymore.
JUST DO IT!

>not using the god-tier windirstat

xD!!!

This is what I use. Found out I had gigabytes of fallout 4 saves

downloads updates endlessly, bloating some folder in your windows dir
some shitty app bloating your userapps folder
some shitty os bloating everything

install gentoo

I actually remembered I had this software. Also fuck hiberfil.sys. Also all is well now.

>2017, the year of our lord
>still using a

Windows 7 and windows vista uses temporary storage for shadow copies of your image files. Follow this tutorial to delete shadow copies

youtube.com/watch?v=GDhacyJOfVs

and then make a new restore point.

How do I remove hiberfil.sys from my laptop?

powercfg /h off

Looks like a 500GB drive that's been partitioned with one for the OS and the other for data or whatever.

> 2017
> Using Microcuck Winblows

shiggydiggy

>2017
>not using FreeDOS