Are you excited for internet of things?

Are you excited for internet of things?

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/g-sync-hdr-monitors-available-q2-2017/
schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/03/ragemaster_nsa.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

an oven which finishes lasagne whenever i get home? why not

the fridge doesnt really run windows 10.

its a background image

When it happens properly, yes
Currently its just electronics manufacturers sticking windows onto anything they find

>2017
>using windows cancer

>are you excited for the biggest security mess since adobe flash

no, I'm fucking not

I got an exercise bike. Took half an hour for it to update Android.

Still dont get this meme. Whats the point of those things? To be able to turn off lights in the kitchen without lifting your ass from the chair and wasting precious fat? I can live without it just fine.

>hurray can't wait for the time when not only my pc and phone, but a toaster and a fridge will be able to spy on me

Here's a real question:
Why didn't microsoft recognise that having integrated devices self-update blocking usage of the device would be a PR disaster?

There was going to be a bias, too- people are going to overwhelmingly prefer to take pictures of when their device DOESN'T work

TVs have been spying on us for a long time too, of course.
In soviet russia, TV watches you! Ha ha ha

I know it's fake but
>windows on embedded devices
WHY

they already are, it will just become much lesser cumbersome for authorities if you become a target

>falling for the wangblows meme
Thanks but I'd prefer not to go to GPAUTISM and untick "don't fuck me over with your shitty botnet updates pls"

wccftech.com/g-sync-hdr-monitors-available-q2-2017/

1200$ 144hz 4k hdr qdot gsync ips...

damn that's less expensive than i thought

>27" 4k monitors

why

>High refresh rate monitors aimed at gamers
>IPS input lag

double why

as far as i know, the qdot addition, accelerates the pixel response time by significant amounts

Well no fucking shit mister

>Are you excited for internet of things?
Not at all!

How are they exactly? I don't use a "smart" refrigerator.

Don't know about fridges, but shit like Amazon Echo or your smartphone listens you 7/24.

>Amazon Echo
Seen that story covered here. Pretty fucking 1984.
>smartphone
Not when I take it's battery out before reaching home.

Besides, we're not talking about this kinda things. As the original user said: "not only my PC and phone".
Cheers.

Seems incredibly unnecessary to me in a lot of cases. Who the fuck would ever need an internet-enabled fridge, washer/dryer, stove/oven, blender, hairdryer, dildo, can opener, butterknife, or toilet, and why?

Because pajeets cannot into programming microcontrollers.

why not?

eventually it will become so cheap there will be no reason not to have internet ability and a screen in everything

schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/03/ragemaster_nsa.html

they could replicate a vga cable signal over the air back then. just imagine what they can do now what confidency files didn't leak until now

and everything that emits some kind of electric magnet force field can be used to identify what's going on in your house, from soundwaves to activating your microwave.

a microphone can detect your movement in your home. echo algorythms and such can create an exact 3D environment to replicate your surroundings just by soundwaves

>What is Windows IoT edition

>internet of things
Also known as the largest (literal) botnet ever created.

WHAT THE FUUUCK
>Unit Cost: $30
HOLY SHIT

You mean, a refrigerator used as a sonar? THE FUCK
>a microphone can detect your movement in your home
I only have one (came with my [spoiler]external[/spoiler] soundcard) and it's forever unused. Speakers on the other hand...

BRB ordering lead wallpaper for my apartment.

>he doesn't want his entire house connected as one managing energy and electricity use automatically

Besides, if we use distributed ledgers the security risks are lowered.

Pointless shit

Give me a robot to make/serve me the food/drinks and blow me cheaper than my current wife or get the fuck out

>not insulating a big box and making your own deep freezer with thermalelectric coolers

pls guys

I think industrial automation, building control systems, and the like are interesting. I guess they count as IOT.

>doing menial tasks make me fit! im not gonna be a fatass!

I bet if you added up all the time you walked over to turn off the lights, you've maybe burned 2 calories a day. That's like a small amount of lettuce. Great job user, keep doing menial tasks manually! One day you'll get thin.

Something that has no GUI and no auto-update, nigger

I was thinking, couldn't we replace the regular power cords with some mega USB-c?
You could:
a)link it to your PC, or whatever house computer you decide to use, and manage your truly smart house alone or with some non-cucked digital assistant non-awkwardly, since you'd have devices acting as plug-and-play for windows, or unix's "everything is a file";
b)cut on a lot of waste, since everything is just 1 of 3 cables, and potentially replace them, just as the new phone chargers are;
c)resolve the massive mess that are power intake and socket standards across the world;

I mean, they are trying to drop the 3.5mm jack, let's go all the way and be super-convenient.

oh yeah, and in theory, i think you could also transfer data over such a thing, so another thing dropped, and use the "everything connected" meme when it suits you;

>we live in an age where you refrigerator can hack the Pentagon

Sometimes you have to ask what the actual point of connecting random household devices to the internet is.

There's more to fitness than burning calories, user.

How's that deep vein thrombosis working out for you?

That's the magic of IoT. There's no reason besides the botnet. Check the wikipedia article on it and IoT gives almost no benefit to the end user
>Smart Energy grid
>Better data use statistics
>Better product feedback
It literally only benefits big companies and well soon approach a future where your toaster won't run properly without an Internet connection.

>its a background image

BSOD would be a better background