Am I the only one who hates mechanical keyboards?

Am I the only one who hates mechanical keyboards?

yes

damn

Yes. What reason do you have for hating them?

Yes

I hate most of them since they are loud and also the fact that the bigger keys makes typing relatively slower(not for much but still) than a keyboard with small keys , like the ones on laptops.

But yea, if i'd had the money i'd still buy a das keyboard for example.Not all of them are bad, just the majority.

many. i dont feel like saying

Got a Das Keyboard 4 for Christmas. It's loud as fuck and awesome, only problem is typing in a high entropy password without anything written on the keys.

Gonna use it to learn Colemak though, so there's that.

The sound mostly depends on the switch type. I used reds with o rings and there was almost no sound. But i swapped to blues because i like the feeling and sound more

I'm indifferent

>Am I the only one who hates mechanical keyboards?
No.

They're noisy as fuck, and when other people use them I want to strangle them and set their families on fire.

I heard reds , brown and black are quiet.Which one is the most silent one though?

buy a classic white alps keyboard op, it only takes about 5 years of continuous use to begin losing your hearing! it's built to survive a nuclear blast and weighs like 15 pounds too and gives you carpel tunnel faster because the keys are weighted high! Really fucking useful. Don't like that? well just but a cherry MX red keyboard and game at high octane speeds faster than any of your rivals! it may cost 50 more dollars for less tactile clacky wobbly scratchy keys but it's worth it I swear!

find the highest of quality rope and use it

i'm with you senpai

Reds or browns with o-rings.

Not at all, like most things, they are a gimmick to appeal to a certain audience. In this case it is "hardcore" gamers, and the people that are stuck in nostalgia

Mechanical keyboards are for people who don't know about the GOAT membrane keyboards such as the dell l100, and logitech k120

So what do you like op? Capacitive touch buttons?

>buy blue switches
>first couple weeks it's not so bad
>more I use it the more I want to fucking break it into a million pieces
>tfw fell for the blue switch meme
Honestly, what the fuck are blue switches even used for? The resistance and feedback is annoying beyond belief. I should have went with a brown or red.

topre 4 life

I'm with you bro. Rubberdomes are spongy but I'm happy with them because they don't go full CLANKCLANKCLANKCLANK every time I try to write something.

The year of the linux desktop was around 10 years ago.

I don't hate them but I acknowledge that they are massively overpriced.
I am typing this post on MX blue.

I get it if you think they're not worth the expense. they're a luxury, nothing more.

but hate is a strong feeling

typists love them because they accentuate in the middle and have enough feedback that you instantly know if you pressed too lightly. with practice that means less travel per keystroke and faster typing.

Corsair just released their Cherry MX Silent switches in the Strafe RGB

I never used one so I can't hate them, but they are very expensive and most have a gaming-look that I don't like

I admit some posted here look very nice but I don't get why they are not full size and they are missing a numerical keyboard. Hell, many are even missing the function keys

For example a keyboard like that would be perfect but it's missing a numerical keyboard and the bezels are way to thin so it's no good

Objectively no reasons to prefer rubberdome keyboards over mechanical, given the latter's variety of switches

sweet over priced rubber dome
not needed in games desu

and on that fake minimalist style that plagues those fgts