Why android is so bad but still the best mobile OS?

Why android is so bad but still the best mobile OS?

Linux

Support is the main issue (for the better ones). Sailfish seems pretty cool, but has very little device support.

It was the earliest somewhat viable OS that was not Apple proprietary.
Developers started writing applications for it, so now phone manufacturers have no choice but to use Android or have a better, custom OS that has no apps.
Customers don't want operating systems with no apps.

Windows Mobile is a much better operating system than Android, but that means nothing when it doesn't have the apps the pleb wants.
If IE dies out and modern web platform features become available everywhere, installable web applications will probably take over in 90% of the cases and then Android's native apps won't matter much anymore.

>Windows
>better than anything using Linux
Kek

nobody knows how touchscreens work

Is it true Windows Mobile is written on top of Windows NT?

Yes, it uses the NT kernel.

>Why android is so bad
Because jewgle laid their filthy mitts on it.

>but still the best mobile OS?
Because jewgle laid their filthy mitts on it.

Android could be so much better but jewgle insists on fucking shit up and removing some useful features every new version of Android. However it is specifically due to them that freetards have not made 1 trillion distros of Android incompatible with each other.

Anyway yeah it's not perfect but compared to iOS and wanblows mobile it's lightyears ahead in terms of useful features and usability. People want phones for more than looking at dick pics and texting other gays so Android will remain dominant for a while as a mobile OS.

What features are they removing?

Because its the only mobile OS with an floss firewall, so I can monitor my connections. Same with hosts file adblocking (AdAway).

If it wasn't for that, I'd get an iPhone.

Not him but I can name one:

You can't mount the storage partition as a USB mass storage device anymore, but this is actually Windows' fault. This feature was deprecated in favor of MTP because Windows requires it's own strict access to the filesystem, and when Android would unmount it for use, any apps and other files on the SD card or whatever else became inaccessible to Android.

I'm aware of that but it was apparently a security "improvement". But how does "Android can be used as a flash drive and let you boot operating systems from it" work then?

When people say Android can be used as a flash drive they either are talking about older versions or are comparing it to iOS, which requires iTunes to sync with iOS devices versus using a drag and drop file explorer. This also means you can store any file on the device even if it isn't multimedia.

As for booting operating systems, you'd have to Google it. I've booted Ubuntu Touch and Sailfish on my Nexus 5 before but I'm not sure how it works either.

But you can do both of those with an iPhone.

because touch interfaces stink

drivedroid lets you do both of those

no mtp bullshit and compatible with uefi OS installs

Because the alternative is IOS.

This. I used my s3 to boot Apricity.

Stupid 9⃣ poster.