SELL SELL SELL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5FNON07mhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

OH MY GOD IT MIGHT GO UNDER $11.30 SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL

>VEGA announcement
the what?

They previewed the architecture. That timer was so dumb.

it lost 16 cents that means it's going back to a dollar fifty right

ALL TRADERS
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
SELL AMD NOW
ABANDON STOCK

>Sup Forums
>2017

GET IT TRENDING

DUMP AMD in the loo where it belongs. Maybe we can finish AMD once and for all

#FlushTheLoo

SELL SELL SELL

finally went down, now I can buy some.

Don't litsten to Sup Forums's trading advice.

GET FUCKED AYYMD

>same as it was at the beginning of the day
>crashing
Not even (you)-worthy

Okay fine whatever, sell if you want you fucking pussies.

We still have contracts with Google for GPU compute, something they're gonna need a fuck of a lot of in the coming years.

Y'all need to go back to Sup Forums

>tfw had $2000 laying around when stock was at $1.30 and I was tempted to dump it all in amd
>chickened out and ended up using the money for other things
>could have turned that money into over 17 grand

I'm such a fuckig idiot.

>Sup Forums - technology

NVDA is dropping much worse because no new products and it's overvalued to begin with.
AMD is dropping mostly because NVDA is dropping and braindead investors link AMD and NVDA together.

sshh retard. It needs to fall so I can buy some more.

>gambling on companies

>Letting your savings be destroyed by inflation

>bunch of day-trader babbies sell their stocks off
leel. I'm going to buy more stocks when it bottoms out after today.

I don't understand the fanboydom. You people realize that competition is good, right?

this

100 dollars today will be nothing in 20 years

wow, it's almost like you don't know how the stock market works. incredible

>gambling on fiat currency

>1.4% drop in 15 minutes

If it falls low enough we should buy it and actually make it work

>make CPUs AND GPUs
>STILL unstable as hell

Wait
>CEO is a gook woman

no wonder it's doing shit lmao, see Yahoo

reddit

The gook womyn is better than the guy before her

>bought for $3
>sold for $10
cant complain.

Yes user, that is the name of the website you should go back to. Do you want a gold star? :^)

>sell when stock prices go down
Are you trying to fool me?

If a couple percent worry you, you should not be ivnested in GPU stocks. NVDA dropped 10% in 2 trading days because some guy declared it was overvalued and everyone got cold feet.

Wait people actually invested in fucking AMD?????

>1% daily fluctuations
>OMG THE STOCK IS CRASHING

This meme is my favorite. I remember when Sup Forums though EA was going bankrupt because the stock too a dip. These threads are just as retarded.

these have to be the stupidest threads in the history of the internet.

buy for $2
sell for $10
[spoiler]I wanted to buy but then didn't think anymore about it...[/spoiler]

>[spoiler]
and stay

>down 1%
IS THIS IT?
IT SHIT THE END OF TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN???
oh oops
I mean
IS THIS THE END OF AMD???

-1.4%

Lol, it's down 6 cents since the "Make Some Noise" stupid thing. That's not "CRASHING THROUGH THE FLOOR." Don't sell AMD, buy AMD.

After that presentation no surprise, all they did was release videos, and cancerously even in separate bits instead of a whole compilation.

Here is the shit all thrown together:
youtube.com/watch?v=W5FNON07mhg

Retard here. Is stock trading as easy as it seems or am I just stupid?

>buy $100 worth of stock
>wait for price to go up slightly
>sell for $101

Is that all there is to it? Am I missing something here?

yes, there are plenty of fees to prevent exactly that

>s that all there is to it?
Basically yes. But you're never going to reliably predict how the market reacts and you'll never go anywhere investing $100 at a time.

Nice epic maymay OP

Things like transaction costs are actually a pretty big deal.

For instance, if a broker has a $5 fixed fee your $100 turns into $95 worth of stocks. Taking into a account that transaction fees go both ways, you actually have just $90.

That means you'd need at least a 10% increase in value on a $100 investment just to break even on a fees.

Well it's not like I care about the profit thay much, just small short term gains.

But if I sell at a high enough price to overcome those fees it'd be profitable, right?

I mean I guess the catch is that stocks rarely fluctuate enough to provide significant profits unless you invest

Yes keep shorting your worthless shares goyim

If you want to gamble and daytrade just go for penny stocks (less than 5$ for stock) and trade after trading opens at 9 am. It's very risky though

that really is it.

I don't understand how stocks work.
everyone talks about risks like, stocks are a consumable that is deleted after 24 hour. whats stopping people from just holding ono the stock until it rises again? why is it "risky"

You can't sell at a high enough price if no one is willing to buy at that high price. And yes, those fees add up quickly, so you kind of need dramatic increases just to break even.
It's not about how much money you invest. You can make a killing off penny stocks if you get extremely lucky, or if you get into an amazing company early on.
But, those things are like unicorns, they rarely ever happen. So what people do is they invest a LOT of money (upwards of 100k), so when their portfolio does grow by ~0.5%, it all adds up into a reasonable bonus and pays for fees.

People lose their lives trying to get that short term gain though, so good luck.

/thread

There's risk involved with holding onto a stock until it rises. Companies aren't eternal. Companies go bankrupt and close all the time. Companies get bought out by shittier management all the time.
Yes, you can hold on to something until it rises, but there's absolutely zero truth in the statement that it WILL rise again AND be worth the investment. It's all a risk.

Good points. Thanks.

#FlushTheLoo

Nvidia stocks keeps going up in recent years, it may crash in the future but who knows. That's a general rule, it rises up to a certain point where it would crash and burn, then go back up again (hopefully).

>Sup Forums
nvidia has those contracts too.

welcome to Sup Forums traders
>stock goes down 1% it means the company is going bankrupt
>nvidia stock is $100 and AMD is $11, that means nvidia is 10 times richer

Fucking hell

There is no objective thing as "value"; it is an illusion. It's value is only present at any one point in time. The idea that mathematics can predict the future is a dumb one that will never succeed. The most important factor is the human one and that one is 90% irrational. Hence the reason why everyone sold shit. It's always interesting to watch people, in every facet of life, ignore the elephant in the room. Value is set by the people and their emotions. It cannot be "overvalued" you can predict that people will soon find its value much less for x, y, or z reason.

It's a bull trap bro.

Yes, you colossal retard. Commisions fees - i.e. 1% of money invested usually every time you buy or sell.

Spoke a little too soon didn't you?

>Sup Forums in charge of economics
Just because the objective value is unknown and different people have different opinions on what that value is, doesn't mean it isn't real value.
Stocks aren't like pieces of art or classic cars. They have intrinsic value because of the dividends they pay in the future.