Hey guys! Speccy thread?

kek

Close. Tbh.

Is this a Note 7?

You ok user?

>AyyMD
>511°C

Nah. Regular s7

Ordered 2gb of ram and a VisionTek Radeon 3450 512MB. I plan on playing older video games and maybe running a NAS on this pc.

Do you Sup Forumsuys think I can use this laptop as a server or something?

Media server or NAS? Keep windows 10, revert back to 7 or GNu / Linux?

ITT : poor people

I know:
>1060 3gb
Besides that hows my build? The ram is good enough for now.

>Pentium 4
Jesus Christ, get a Core2Quad at least, they're literally like $25 on eBay.

(You)
(You)
Reusing older hardware actually.

>Not saying I'm poor
This is my primary station.
I plan to use gamestream when I finally get a TV for my bed.

Not sure that the mb can handle a Core2Quad lol. I got the ram and gpu for $20 on ebay.

Things I want to upgrade this year:

- Replace old crossfire config with a single RX 470 (or 570 if Vega is on the 570)
- Second RAM stick, mostly so I'm not running in single channel
- Maybe finally replace my 6 year old Antec 300 case
- Maybe finally get decent monitors

>Lowend crossfire 1GB
Are you retarded? You can get a R9 290 for 100 € nowadays. Get the 470/80 8GB if you plan to use it longer.

I bought the first 7770 when the 7 series was modern user. Then I bought the second one for cheap a few years later.

But thats useless, I would rather had bought a 7870 or 7950. Crossfire is worse than SLI and even SLI is pure shit.

>had $100 budget
>bought 7770

>later
>could either get 270 for $200
>or 7770 for $80 and crossfire for the same performance

You don't seem to understand I didn't buy both cards at the same time

Forgot to mention I'm waiting for my display port 1.2 to hdmi 2.0 adapter to arrive so that I can get 4k 60hz.

That's just wasting electricity user. Proper answer was to sell it and buy and wait for vega.

You are an idiot! That is a Socket 478 machine, the Core 2's are all LGA775. Even then, some of the 775 motherboards don't support them.
Nice try.

Nice, more? Any 128k?

>1GB
>mGPU problems

k

>sandy bridge

>Forgetting >Windows 10

15% difference difference a CPU from 2012 and one in 2016 is worth pucking over
>tfw Sandy Bridge masterrace.
Getting a new monitor for my birthday for myself lol

keeping your graphics card in a brick furnace won't improve its performance

>mint

wtf you guys take really clean and good pics

well memed

i fucked up when installing windows and now it will only boot from the usb stick

how did you manage that, user?

8 Cores my dudes.

jealous. is the intel i5/i7 and 1070/1080 combo worth the money?

Meh, you're just pretending it's still 2004.

You simply aren't going to see 50%+ gains year over year pretty much ever again in the CPU space.

Those days are over, and for the average consumer, there is no need for ever increasing CPU speeds anyway.

Bitch about the lack of improved performance over 5 generations, but power draw has significantly lowered, the turbo states have gotten far more refined with much more granularity to it now, and the iGPU has been improved like 200-300%+.

Maybe you just aren't the target market?

nice bait brutha

you know when it says select your drive for C:? i was half asleep and selected the usb stick.

now even when i format the stick AND the HDD and try to re-install the .iso, it doesn't give me the option to select the HDD as my boot drive/partition. and when i bring up bios, the boot order only shows the HDD, but the 'boot menu' shows the HDD and the USB stick. if i boot from the HDD of course there isn't a boot/system partition so it doesn't boot at all. so for now i'm stuck keeping it in sleep or loading it from bios.

all i need is a clean HDD/usb stick to re-do it but i'm going to wait until i have some cash so i can turn this into a home storage server.

as you can guess, this is my first build.

Im not even complaining, I wont even have to upgrade this thing FOR YEARS, thats what i like, i think its funny little rich boys buying their newest fot 300+ when i got this little thing for 120 bucks, god i love old tech stay strong sandy!
And my 1070 should be good for years, maybe ill get a nicer MOBO

i had a simmilar problem. it can be fixed but i don't remember how exactly. google it like i did

Try not to pretend like the 2500/2600 are still JUST as relevant as a 6700/7700k though.

They're fine CPUs, but they are certainly not anywhere near as good as the newer ones. And sure, it probably isn't worth it for you to upgrade to a 7700k right now, someone on a C2Q or C2D or first gen i5/i7 would have an excellent price for performance upgrade with the newest generation.

Exactly the important thing you said is that I dont need to upgrade, I mean shit this thing barely even bottlenecks it from a 6700/7700, they are also gonna 500 bucks vs 120, plus if/ when i get a new mobo that bitch can be overclocked and last even longer, i mean i take care of it i just put on new thermal paste and a whole new fan, its just wonderful having 60fps in TW3 at make at 1440p (supersampled), i think my PC is still relevant desu though

kek, I got it

wtf I like apple now

Speccy is fucked on ram, it's corsair vengeance running at 3GHz.

Haven't started overclocking yet, assembled last week and not done gawking over it.

>meme overrated motherboard
>Zotac
You could've easily gotten something better for slightly more.

Zotac amp extreme has highest clock speeds out of the box of all other cards. Don't want to fuck around with liquid cooling for OCing.

Motherboard is fine. See no reason to spend more money when I've spent enough to be on the bleeding edge.

here, I only just got my 1070 yesterday as a gift to myself. Everything's been running really smooth so far, never ran into any issues.

getting gpus that completely outpace your monitors. why? complete waste of money

do you think this is enough for 4k? the only thing i updated in the 6 years i've had this was the monitor

Waiting for radeon vega

I can downscale stuff from 4k or 1440p. I don't think a 1070 can outpace it especially if you put everything on max.

>tfw your cpu never goes under 45c and you have to go from 4ghz to 2.5ghz to make sure your cpu never goes over 90c

just

No, I would get at least a 1070. I lived on a 780Ti and 1060 3G @4K before and it was horrible. I still can't hit stable 60 FPS in Witcher 3, but 50-55 with high-ultra settings are OK with Gsync.
I don't understand that either, I would first get the screen and then the GPU.
Yes in Witcher with Hairworks. I would not downscale anything except older games, if you have the performance you want to have it natively on your screen.
You're doing something wrong. Intel stock cooler? My 5820K doesn't go to 90 or even 80° on full load @4.3.

>You're doing something wrong. Intel stock cooler? My 5820K doesn't go to 90 or even 80° on full load @4.3.
yea Intel stock cooler, I am waiting for NZXT x62 to come out and i'll purchase that.

I'm pretty sure the x62 is out. I've seen many reviews many months ago and was jelly about how much better looking it was compared to my x61
>downscaling from 4k to 1080p
just get a better monitor for fuck's sake

post your Cinebench scores at that cockspeed