There are people who are still using Windows 7/8

>There are people who are still using Windows 7/8

Just fucking upgrade already you neanderthal.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=208
linuxmint.com/rel_serena_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just shit my streets up, senpai

No

>upgrade your perfectly working OS to this incoherent broken piece of shit

i'm on W10 myself and there is no real need to update from 7 or 8.

I'm still using Windows XP.

u mad retard

>you neanderthal.
rich coming from a society that still doesn't know what a toilet is in 2k17

Upgrade to Linux!

FPBP

No kernel level performance improvements.
Still using NTFS data integrity I wouldn't trust past 2TB.
Provides dx12 which every game shipped with currently runs with 12 & Vulkan or dx11 as well.
Spying. In. Everything.
Stuff compiled in recent iterations of VS was injected with micro amounts of spyware.
Native advertising on your start menu: You are the product.
Trying to get you to subscribe to features you once could own and milk easily 20x the money.
Forced updates & system instability/ uncertainty.
Duplicate elements in the UI/ two separate menus that do 3/4th of what the other does.
Inconsistent UI theme/ design
Unpredictable desktop behavior that leaves you struggling with small elements of your UI
Pushing for walled garden of the entire PC market
Nagware that tries to change your web browser so they can keep a kung fu grip on your web habits
Market share has flatlined after free upgrade. Nobody beyond those buying new PCs and free upgrades gone wrong want it or use it.

I can go on.

eat shit and die pajeet

>There are people who are still using Windows
fixed

i already upgraded,

My Win10 is filling its self for no reason, leaving it unusable; I wouldn't wish this OS upon my worst enemy.

>There are people who are still using Windows 7/8
I was, then I moved to Linux. It's not bad at all. It was frustrating since I was desensitized to Windows, but it's so much better overall. Everything is much more responsive, even shit 10 year old laptops running Linux with an HDD run stupidly fast.

Ω
Go on please

You are literally retarded. kill yourself.

go on

My nigga.

>upgrade already you neanderthal
just name on relevant reason why should I waste my time and upgrade to 10. go on, just name one

>mfw Windows endgame is slowing removing NT out and merging Linux to make Windows/Linux

:s/up/side/

Motherfucker.

are you this faggot ?
Get of my board you retarded little shit, nobody wants your unstable, incoherent, spyware riddled shit OS.

I'm staying with my Win7 until a true better alternative comes along.

And don't even try to tell me any linux distro is a good alternative. I got over that phase in my life, I'm not that much of a dipshit anymore.

>I got over that phase in my life
I've been on Linux ever since Windows 8 released, when will I get over that >phase?

I'm more than ok with this.

Yes, and I'll sure upgrade to Linux when ME:Andromeda works under it.

When you realize it's not a viable OS if you are a professional on anything else except webdev/software development.

Can I still get a copy of Win10 for free?

Haven't these threads been proven to be Microsoft marketers? No one would actually be fighting about which OS you use

>Calle Calle

How so?

Actually, 95% of posts on Sup Forums are [designated company] shills. It's just a nice way to pass the time, making fun of other people's choices, thinking your own are superior.

That's how I manage to ignore my crippling depression.

>There are people who are still using Windows

>using Linux on a HDD install unironically
>not using windows with a linux vm

It's like you LIKE being ridiculed.

Using Windows in the current year. kek

I had to install Windows 10 only because Windows 7 didn't see my USB ports for some reason and I didn't have optical drive to install mobo drivers.

>watching cartoons after 14 years of age
keke

Can i still play all the vidya if i switch to Linux?

if you have two GPUs, or an integrated+dedicated setup, there is a way to install Windows on a VM and do a passthrough of your GPU to the VM, so you can play videogames with maybe a 5-10 FPS drop at most.

I need to watch anime to repost smug lolis? :^)

Yes

>neanderthal
Nakalipithecus here

Shit. :c

oh shit nigger what are you doing

XP was great back in it's time. I sorta miss it. But then I don't.
Also >not using the rainy day classic shell theme
Pleb.

congrats you managed to install arch with a 3rd party installer. I hope you're proud of your achievements.

me too. I am the upgrade of Debian.

This

>HDD
What are you, a poorfag? SSD only. Also Windows belongs in the vm, Linux belongs on bare metal.

Yes, unironically see >thinks installing an OS counts as an achievement
Thanks for the keks.

Thx for tip

why the fuck would i "upgrade" to a bloated os?

7 x64 does everything i need

>Have to spend as much time trying to remove windows 10's rich "feature set" as it would take to adapt partially to a new OS
>Telemetry hardcoded to Kernel with minimal transparency on how old a debot program is and if it still functions at all as very few telemetry figures register on resource management and can be updated by MS without notice
>Uses massive amounts of system resources for frivolous things
An idle VM spun up, alone, consumed 10% of any available CPU alloted for reasons unknown
Repeated disk usage that never seemed to chill out
Woke from sleep on real hardware at random occasions and never went back to sleep
>Planned obsolescence: OS is designed to only go so far before a new one must replace it and everything accompanying it. Does not provide any form of code immortality.
>Drops driver support for older devices as a form of debloat. Linux can fit on your pinky finger and support almost any device you plug into it.

Plebians are catching on.
Your average consumer has a sour taste in their mouth for win 10 and for good reason.
Two guys I work with commented on how they don't want to use it anymore as it's starting to get creepy at how well it recognizes them and their habits.

my nigga

define "perfectly working". the cluster fuck is hidden in plain sight. just try using edge. no try removing edge and cortana. you can't without force renaming the folders and deleting them manually.

edge and cortana constantly phone home and send data packets, for whatever fucking reason. but that's okay because it is "perfectly working" for your vidya.

clean install Windows 10 Pro, before I have the chance to even update, Store starts downloading 3rd party games and apps like Facebook and Candy Crush without my fucking permission.

So fuck Windows 10.

>HDD
>poorfag
I don't need an SSD just to be able to brag on Sup Forums about my boot times user.

>windows belong in the vm
Only if your CPU is capable of VT-d (if I recall correctly). Otherwise, Windows on a vm is NOT a choice of preference. Also, please don't try to convince people to use linux, being different for the sake of being different is plain retarded.

looks like you need glasses, my man...there's a UWP app for that

That already looks a lot better than that plain classic shell theme. Although that firefox tab is so fucked up I almost swallowed my puke. Please install chromium or opera user, make your life easier.

that shit is placebo. edge is part of the OS, you can't block it from alternating ports and calling home.

best use it offline for single player gaymes.

designated shitposting workstation?

see

>doesn't want lightning boot times
>doesn't want apps to launch as soon as you tell them to
>doesn't want games to load everything instantly
Just get a job, SSD's aren't even that expensive anymore unless you live in a 3rd world country. You can buy a 250gb one for like $90.

>Also, please don't try to convince people to use linux, being different for the sake of being different is plain retarded.
You can keep using your botnet/spyware OS, I use one that doesn't treat me like an retarded lemming.

>Just get a job, SSD's aren't even that expensive
I know. I just don't need one yet.

>You can keep using your botnet/spyware OS
Are you so retarded that you can't figure out how to disable some simple services?

>MFW I just downgraded from 8.1 Pro to 7 Ultimate.

>downgrade
>not clean install
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can't say that game on Sup Forums without a bunch of faggots yelling at you.

It̀s the worst piece of shit ever. Switch to loonix

Nah the theme adapts, you just have to restart firefucks

>Just fucking upgrade already you neanderthal.- 67 posts and 15 image replies shown.
I upgraded in December. I formatted my Win10 partition and gave up on that spywar/adware shit.

it's 2017. it's time to grow up and abandon antiquated garbage OSes. You can do it user, you too can be free.

crouching tiger hidden reimu

$100+ for a copy of the pro edition. What do I get over my current 8.1 install?
Fucking nothing.
There is literally no reason to upgrade now that it costs money. If I bought a new computer with 10 i might not downgrade it, but that would be out of laziness, not because of any new features.

How did you solve the screen tearing problem with Cinnamon? The Muffin WM shits itself with Firefox/Chrome smooth scrolling, diagonal tearing even with hardware acceleration enabled.

Help me Senpai.

> all that shit in the taskbar
Fuck you

should be
/thread

>muh minimalism

lol fag

Oh yeah well at least my space isn't all used up.
I'm fucking off this lmao!

Upgraded ;^)

>crouching tiger hidden reimu
kek'd

>How did you solve the screen tearing problem with Cinnamon? The Muffin WM shits itself with Firefox/Chrome smooth scrolling, diagonal tearing even with hardware acceleration enabled.
Hmm... I didn't have to do a thing user. It worked out of the box. I didn't even have to set anything in Chromium to have smooth scrolling. I also haven't had any issues with Mutter. Everything regarding Cinnamon worked well out of the box.

I did have to sour AUR for nemo plugins and had to figure out what to install to get the tings I wanted right.

What distro are you using? What video card do you have? iGPU works well. Nvidia gave me issues but I did fix it with help from ppl on Github. Post some more info.

I've tried so many DEs (Xfce, i3, openbox/fluxbox, Unity, GNOME etc) and Cinnamon is the only one I truly love. Everything else has warts and idiosyncrasies that I fucking hate or can't customize. Nemo is also the best file manager on Linux.

I need it for my HD 6630M

I installed Ubuntu core 16.04 and then Cinnamon. Got the plugins and software updates. Intel HD 4000 gpu.

Everything works fine on unity and gnome3 but for some reason Cinnamon I experience mouse lag and screen tearing in browsers. Latest version is 3.2 Cinnamon in Ubuntu repos.

forgot pic

Cinnamon doesn't have a huge development backing, because everyone went to MATE, even though Cinnamon is objectively better (being based on GTK3+ instead of gnome2...).
>muh noh stal gi ah

Yes, I am salty...
I want an official Ubuntu Cinnamon spin...

Tell M-Audio to update drivers for their hardware and maybe I'll consider moving to Win10.

I suspect it has to do something with your xorg.conf file. can you post it? I can't think of anything else. Cinnamon is really well polished when it comes to HW support and there aren't any big issues with it.

Also, I would post my problem here: forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=208

They have the biggest collection of cinnamon experts there and they'll help you for sure.

>Cinnamon doesn't have a huge development backing, because everyone went to MATE, even though Cinnamon is objectively better (being based on GTK3+ instead of gnome2...).
You couldn't be more wrong. Cinnamon is much more popular than MATE since it's the default DE for LM which is always one of the top distros on DistroWatch. MATE is a toy and I hate how it handles so many things.

>Cinnamon doesn't have a huge development backing, because everyone went to MATE

lel. can u then explain to me why it is being updated more often than MATE?

just look at the latest release.. it has so much polish that doesn't appear in any other DE: linuxmint.com/rel_serena_cinnamon_whatsnew.php

it's the closest DE to macOS when it comes to polish and nice UI experience. other DEs can't even implement proper background slideshow transitions.

>even though Cinnamon is objectively better (being based on GTK3+ instead of gnome2...).

Whatchu talkin bout fool
MATE fully supports GTK3 by now

This is normal for an nvidia user. Just use gnome or disable smooth scrolling.

sorry didn't read. If intel , you can try enabling/forcing tripple buffering somehow.

>tfw use 32 bit windows 7 VM on Thinkpad just to watch Netflix
I know I could just download chrome, but I don't want that botnet on my base machine and something about pirating Microsoft software feels good.

So its great if im in a field other than tech?

I have a windows 7 desktop and a windows 10 laptop

and comparatively, the desktop is rock fucking solid and the laptop is constantly having comparability issues with the OS

as other posters have stated its an incoherent broken piece of shit

if you use ubuntu then yes

Passthrough with one GPU fucking when?