Fuck intel

>Oc my 3570k because i feel adventurous
>check cpu-z just for fun
>its beating 6600k....
My cpu is literally 4-5 years old on top of that im using 1333mhz ddr3 ram, and its beating the newest top of the line i5 cpu, just how fucking jew is intel?

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you OC the 6600k to the same amount? Otherwise you're just a conducting biased unscientific tests

the fact is at +300mhz im beating stock 6600k, which intel wants 270euro for, while i can find 70-100euro, maybe even cheaper.

i can find 3570k for that i mean

i5-6400 here. You can expect roughly same performance with 6600K OC to 4.5Ghz

>i5-6400
how can u OC that? you can just max out bus speed even with locked multiplier? How did intel miss that?

Which mobo?
I cant play my sim's at its base clock so im looking for a mobo upgrade that supports non-k overclocking.

I use ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1 myself, as Asrock was the one that allowed the overclocking of locked Skylake in the first place. Other vendors followed suite later on.

However, Intel found out and told mobo vendors to lock it down. Most vendors did. Asrock as well I think, however they still allow old bios to be download and downgraded(atleast for asrock, some vendors don't). So I just downgraded to a bios that allowed me to OC.

even my 2500K can beat 6600K
that's precisely why we need AMD to get their shit together

I've read about that some time ago but i think that nearly all of them can still downgrade their bios.
Fml for getting an H110 mobo with DDR3 RAM, guess I'll be selling it in the next few days and getting that asrock one.
Could you recommend me a cooler for getting to that clock without it burning a hole in my case?

so 6400 is literally locked down 6600k for 80euros less. Fuck intel srsly

I use my old Hyper212.

Also overclocking via this method means you lose AVX (if you're video encoding on cpu), sleep option (on windows), and iGPU is disabled.

If you pair it with a discreete GPU that can do video encoding/games, there's literally no negative.

MSI still allow it on their latest BIOS, just hidden under "noc beta" menu.

I think thats the same with Asrock too, they removed the "auto OC" features. Gigabyte might be the one that actually removed the OC ability and the ability to downgrade the BIOS.

You're saying you bench marked a 6600k oc to your processor oc and your old processor beat it in most applications?

this isn't new to me, but holy shit fuck those jews.

at what voltage?

is 1.288v a default voltage for 6600k?

>yfw desktop performance has been the same since 2011 when sandy vag came out

>OC my i3 6100 because why not I have the hardware for it
>On par with first gen i7s or even an i5 4570
>Beating stock FX 8300
>Not even using dual channel RAM, just a single 8GB DDR4 stick
wew lad

No. 1.288v is the OC'd voltage for stable 4.5Ghz on my end. It shows as 1.288v when idle, however when I run at max 100% load(prime95/ibt), the voltage is actually around 1.24v. So I still have headroom, if I ever decide to push higher clocks. I just need better cooler. Right now its winter temp for ambient. ~0C. And my max temp goes to 50C. I reckon with these setting, in summer this would add additional 10-20+C

prime is a meme use Intel extreme tuning utility

Intel disconnected bus speed from PCI and SATA so it doesn't cause instability. You need a special BIOS to do it though. Am currently running an i3 6100 at 4.6GHz (125MHz bus). Was stable at 4.8GHz but ran super hot and at a high voltage so I cut it down

>implying I'm going to download some shady intel software that might or might not try to install microcodes to my mobo

+300MHz doesn't give those results. I'm at 4.2 on a 3570k and get the same results.

I've since clocked it down to 4.6GHz but just to prove the meme is real

If I even plan on upgrading my cooling system, I'll push on to that or higher heights.

>CPU related
>Not even talking about gaming or graphics

Kill yourself.

Which one is lying about voltage? It passes stress tests fine but I'm not so sure whether 1.3v is healthy for 24/7 though it's cooled by nh-d15

(You) tried, maybe next time when you stop try harding user.

I think the reason the i3 can overclock so much higher than it should for the price is the high multiplier.

Prime95 Small FFT and Large FFT

1+ hours each is what I do.

While they're running in the background, I do my usual internet browsing, browsing local folders, watching anime, playin game, and see how stable they are.

How long do you do your stress test and what software?

I can't believe all of these people don't know about BLCK overclocking.
The i5 6400 is identical to the 6600k jusst locked and clocked lower, The i3 6100 does really well to and goes up to like 4.7ghz.

A shit load of z170 boardss can load the correct bios. Google for the list. asrock has 2 special "hyper" boards that can do it with the up to date bios because they have a dedicated block generator.

The i5 6400 and cheapest z170 that can OC has been the best bang for buck all generation. I post about it consstantly in /pcbg/ but people try to pretend that it doesn't work anymore even though the situation has not changed at all ssince it was figured out.

Nah, its probably cause 2 cores generate less heat than 4 cores. Lower cores = lower heat = lower voltage = higher clock stability.

cinebench and intel utility for like 15-20 minutes, after 10 minutes temperature never changes. Prime doesn't work well with modern CPUs and it's completely unrealistic in terms of usage.

pcbg has quite a bit of retards who are scared of overclocking and think its "expensive"

3770K at 4.3GHz
literally no reason to upgrade

Why does prime95 not work with modern CPUs?

What meme did you buy into?

it's like 20% shittier and OPs result though

12%

it's not a meme, but you sound like a memer that uses it and memes about it.
Prime doesn't use new/er instruction sets and forces CPU to do work in retarded way, which no other software does, it's like a virus basically. Same goes for furmak in GPU world

>@4.0
also meant this

I am 100% sure you could get the i3 to 5GHz with a water cooling kit, a good motherboard (mine only has 6 stage VRM), a super clean power supply and maybe a slightly suicidal voltage.

Guys also u know about 6400t(qhqg)? u can buy it for like 150$ ang get i7 skylake 3.8+Ghz. I use this 4 month already.

I know, I agree. Just didn't feel like getting called out and having to defend myself because I lack evidence. I have a i3 6100 sitting in my drawer because I upgraded. When I can afford a z170 motherboard I'm going to do my best. My build is all fucky because I bought some budget build then came into a little money aand went 144hz

No he's saying he OC a 3570k and it beat a factory 6600k

>6400t(qhqg)
It's doessn't have SMT though.
According to UsserBenchmaark, a site I really like, an OC 2500k is equal to a stock 6600k. So they're some what close to correct given the info . in this thread.

So is 4.6 a respectable overclock or what? Or everyone is just stuck with it?

Wow. You're an idiot.

Isn't an i7 without hyperthreading literally an i5 with more useless instructions

>useless instructions
k

Wut? This cpu and i7 6700 literally the same if u overclock.

Yes

Good reasoning. I checked prime95 to see if its true or not, its not. So while reasoning is fine, the validity is not as its not true.

Prime95 uses the latest FMA3/AVX2 to stresstest CPU. So its perfectly valid test for modern CPU.

4.6 is pretty decent, above average OC I'd say. Main reason is if your cooling system can handle it or not at a comfortable setup.

I think he means Intel Burn Test, which is pretty old, I've used it back in the Core 2 days. It is basically a frontend for linpack.

It pushes cpus waaaaay harder than Prime95; in fact I'm surprised that people still use Prime95 in 2017 when it was useless for over a decade.

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

>Make CPU faster
>Be surprised when it's faster

The only reason graphics cards are getting better is because AMDs graphics cards are competitive with Nvidia's. Could you imagine if we were still stuck at 1080p and 2011 graphics? At least we never have to spend money on a processor and graphics card.

I've been running at 4.5 ghz with a cooler master tpc-800.

sure amdummy keep telling yourself that

He's right though. CPUs aren't getting better because AMD's only competitive with GPUs, and not CPUs.

Both IBT and Prime95 does different stuff.

If you choose the default Prime95, it will stress range of things. This is the "it doesn't stress as hard as IBT" argument. There are more options than default. All you need to do is research a bit. TL;DR SmallFFT = CPU/cache stress, LargeFFT = RAM, Blend = default/mixed. Prime95 is the GOTO choice for stability factor mainly because it requires extreme precision control. A slightest error in calculation would result in program stopping, therefore its very sensitive to CPU instability. Therefore its still very good for overclock stability testing.

and yet you're an idiot if you believe having only 2 cores somehow is comparable to having 4 cores, let alone 4cores+HT.

t. prime dev

Market share of GPUs Q3 2016. Note that this is for all GPUs, not just discrete. AMD and Nvidia sell a similar amount.

Meanwhile AMD gets destroyed in the processor market. Also has anyone seen AMD's stock prices? I made some money a few years ago when I bought them at around $2 and it went up to $4 pretty quickly. Their stock when from around $2 go around $12 last year.

intel and nvidia sell good products. amd = poo

That's what Zen is for. They realized the excavation architecture series was a dead end and spent the last few years designing a modern chip from scratch.

>tfw AMD increased marketshare since last year with outdated processor archs

what instructions do i7's have that i5's don't?

AVX, MMX, and SSE.

I get over 2200 single core and 8000 multi on my 6600k.
So NO you do not beat a 6600k.

See

You beat it at stock and you probably won the silicon lottery. But I don't disagree that Intel are a bunch of jews

isnt the difernce between i3. i5, i7 the integrated graphic card?

Nooooo
i3 two core + ht
i5 four core
i7 four core+ ht

i OC my i7-920 to 4.2 and get those same numbers.....

if its true ryzen is a base clock of 3.6 it cant come soon enough fuck intel

No you don't

My q6600 is getting the same numbers.
What the fuck is Intel doing?

Playing with Magic

Lololol your quad is the same as a skylake? I want some of what you are smoking, plz

I'm suprised nobody pointed this out
>Overclocking via asushit software
I threw up a little