When did antivirus software become worse than actual viruses ?

When did antivirus software become worse than actual viruses ?

pic related

Since the first anti-virus software was launched

When you ignored Sup Forums recommendation to install gentoo.

/thread

When you use shitty freeware programs and continue installing the browser add ons.

From the fucking beginning

Common Sense doesn't have this problem

avast tries to install it without asking nowadays

A browser add on is not an antivirus you goddamn retard. Even if it's developed by the same company and has the same name, it's still a standalone software that you can choose to install or not to install independently of whether if you have installed the antivirus or not. Retard.

>using avast
>installing useless extensions
When you are a shitty user.

when av companies started hiring hackers/virus writers

A decent adblocker is a better anti-virus tool than the antivirus programs themselves nowadays. And of course "common sense 2017" too.

Avast stopped being good back in 2012 you idiot. Use Avira if you are going to use a free AV.

>using any antivirus other than Malwarebytes
It's like you WANT your computer to get fried.

>avast
>avg
>avira
>MCcuckee
when will you retards learn
Go and install pando media booster while you're at it

the browser addon got installed by the antivirus without asking and avast also installed its own useless chrome fork (safe zone browser)

I just installed avast on a VM to check. You should go back to high school and learn to read faggot.

that's because it wants to read all your network traffic

blame chrome for having such a shit security model and naming

but seriously, yes, do not install that

have you looked at the screenshot ? it cleary says that the addon got installed by another programm and it is not hard to guess that avast installed the avast browser addon

so what AV does Sup Forums recommend?

I need to know this as well. But after reading this thread, I'm afraid we are starting a war by asking this lol