You there! Do you work in the tech profession? What do you do and how much do you make?

You there! Do you work in the tech profession? What do you do and how much do you make?

Other urls found in this thread:

geekbooks.me/book/view/site-reliability-engineering
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm an intern at an equities trading technology company in London. £43k

I make $10/hour stocking groceries at Walmart.

regional tech analyst 68k

desktop support spec associate 48.5K/year and I respond to datamining threads semi professionally

30% of that will fund your developing cocaine addiction

Junior Software Engineer (no degree, coming up to 1 year experience, 19 years old) earning £19k

Fuck off NSA

Im edward snowden and i work by tweeting bullshit 24/7 ever since my heroic exit from the NSA. Putin pays me 250mil rubles a year.

$53K, Software Deployment and Support.

junior software dev in Montreal, 17 bucks an hour 40 hours a week. I make 35k but taxes reduce that to 26k. expecting a 1.5$/hour raise in February.

asic dev
2 years experience
working at a small-ish company
$80k

I've heard that programming a FPGA makes you want to end your life, user iz dis truu?

debugging does, yes
an oscilloscope is a good tool to have for simple testing
the simulations are a nightmare
i sometimes try to deploy parts of a project on an fpga for testing but really, simulation is the way to go before you actually manufacture the chip

Project manager in central government

$70,000/year

Intern and full-time student, $20/hr. Devops. How much can I hope to make once I get out?

$0.

DevOps isn't a job. Train to be a Site Reliability Engineer.

Googled it, sounds kinda sorta similar to what I do right now.

It's essentially the official job title, I believe the title was coined by google.

geekbooks.me/book/view/site-reliability-engineering 10/10 recommend reading this, or at least giving it a brief skim

Potato/potato, I guess.
How much do they make? In GA btw.

No

Medical student.

I'm $90k in debt.

Java dev, Hungary, 8.2k $ :(

Data entry

$13/hr

Please kill me.

Netsec
75k/yr fresh out of college in the midwest

College intern, $30/hr

>What do you do and how much do you make?
PhD student
~$53k a year

How long you planning to stay and is there good career progression? I was in that position 3 years ago at a start up. No prospect of a raise despite promises. I left and am now on around 45k. Make sure you a) learn as much as you can while you're not being paid much and 2) leave if they keep paying you shit. Maybe

I'm an apprentice glorified admin. Get like £22k p.a.
It's okay but I just wanna hack shit, man.

I really love our stack, company, and people there - so planning on staying for another year, maybe two. Starting to branch out into other languages to open up the big bucks later on.

Assuming you left a startup and went more corporate-y?