Pathetic garbage thread

Post the absolute junk of the tech world in this thread. I'll start :

You again? Looks like I'm going to have to go take another picture.

Can you do a different placement for me? Maybe a different background, or different room? It is a laptop after all.

Be more specific about what you want.

As someone who works in the field, let me list the flaws with the latest MBP models:

>All models have non-removable RAM and are limited to 16GB max
>All models don't even have Kaby Lake CPU's and wont for a while
>All 4-port models are gimped. Left-side ports run at full Thunderbolt 3 Speeds while the 2 right side ports are limited to half-speed for some reason
>All models have the most inconsistent battery life ever
>13" isn't even a quad core. it's all dual core i5's, even for the flagship 13"
>13" has a completely different ssd connector AGAIN, so no more M.2 mods for your MBP
>13" all have Intel HD 515 Graphics, even for the highest spec model
>15" all use Radeon Pro 450, which is shit compared to the GTX1060 and above
>15" models have the SSD soldered into the board. Good luck doing any sort of data recovery
>They have problems with apple's own USB/HDMI dongle
>the provided USB-C cable can't be used for data. It's charging-only
>doesn't even come with a USB-C to Lightning cable. you can buy a macbook and iphone on the same day and you'll never be able to sync them
>13" starting at $1500 USD
>15" starting at $2300 USD

I don't know, surprise me. I love a good outdoor setting.

Why'd you have to post that after it was dark. I'll think of something.

On the toilet with lube

what the fuck am i looking at here

Screen resolution complaint on laptops, 1366x768, shouldn't even exist anymore.

>As someone who works in the field, let me list the flaws with the latest MBP models:
Thanks for a comprehensive list of all the rumors you've remembered about the MBP.
Block your ears now because I'm going to explain why things are so:
1.The RAM limit is because the heat dissapation of extra RAM I/O chips goes outside the MBP's thermal envelope. New chips are coming but not for a while.
2. Kaby Lake wasn't available when the MBP was being planned and is still only available in sample lots, despite many makers advertising that they have them in their latest models.
3. Gimped? Says who?
4. Battery life indicator was flakey, has been withdrawn. Reports of normal battery life are plentiful.
... and so on.

I think you need to re-evaluate things man. You sound exactly like the idiots ac mac forums or the genius bar.
>heat problems with ram
modern SO-DIMM ram chips do not produce enough heat to be a problem. for the rest of the system. it's not a server, it's using low power DDR4, just on a custom PCB. claiming putting 32gb of ram would make it overheat is complete bullshit. how the fuck do windows-based skylake laptops get away with 32gb or god forbid 64gb of ram without causing house fires? heat and power consumption has already been disproven many times.

>kaby lake
I'll give you that, but not waiting for kaby lake was still a problem, especially considering apple's history of keeping up with hardware. It won't be kaby lake until at least mid-2017. You're essentially paying $2K+ for hardware thats literally out of date without even opening the box.
>gimped
13" models with 4 ports have no reason to have slower TB3 ports on one side. TB3 speeds are dictated by the number of available PCI-e lanes. That machines got only a PCIe SSD in it so its still got a fair amount of lanes left over. All the other lanes are fully available for TB3 to use on demand. Even if there aren't enough lanes, PCIe based devices can intelligently increase/decrease lanes based on availability, but these machines are permanently at a lower speed on the right side. There is literally no reason for this apart from "buy the 15" for $500 more if you want the slight bump"
>battery life indicator
flakey? sometimes. But it was still somewhat accurate. If its flakey why wait all the way until 2016 for the battery blunder book pro to remove it? And no, battery hasn't been improved since it's release. There's still fuckloads of complaints about this. Literally apple fanboy websites even shit bricks over this. That and the battery is actually notably smaller compared to the older rMBP.

apply yourself

Nice try faggot. Macbook screen res is alpha, pic related

Just kill yourself faggot, Apple doesn't waste money producing hardware nobody will buy

>so few people purchase above 16GB it's not worth producing
>kaby lake a shit meme
>what are controller limitations
>hurr battery life changes depending on usage; this is unexpected cuz im retarded durr
>implying 13" users need more power
>ssd is soldered onto board, there is no connector, this reduces size of the device

Sounds like
>I'm poor: the post

I've never owned a monitor that went above 1600x1200

>hurr durr so few companies purchase airbus a380's so its not worth producing
thats how stupid you sound
>2017
>not expecting top of the line for the high price
>implying controllers are the limiting factor in performance for PCIe based devices
>blaming the user for the shit battery life and not the machine's smaller than normal battery
>Reducing size of a 13/15" device
>reducing size and yet they couldnt fit a bigger battery in

looks like someone getting paid on commission tonight

addendum:
>paying $2K+ for a device with a controller that can't handle shit
>paying $2K+ for a machine that is LITERALLY outdated out of the box already
>paying $2k for a dual core with intel GPU and labelling it as a pro device
>paying $3k for a machine with only Radeon Pro 450
>not being able to recover data from the 15" if board fails or gets damaged via drops/water

>Apple doesn't produce hardware that nobody will buy
>what is mac mini, mac pro, ipad pro, airpods, and the slew of other bullshit that isnt an iphone ipad or macbook that normies barely buy
idiots will always buy shit from them, but purposefully taking away core features that dont require much more space and that don't cost significantly more, and then charging even more for it is complete idiocy

kill yourself

Accept it, the new macbooks are shit.

Louis?

no but i work in the same profession as him

Nice. Are you as cool as he is?

>1 port
>Not even useful

That alone is a deal breaker. I have USB peripherals and external storage, I frequently use HDMI and I've had to use Ethernet twice in the past six months (to reconfigure my buggy wifi router). I don't wanna carry around a fanny pack full of dongles to get shit done.

I don't give a shit about how USB-C is the future. I want a laptop that just werks out of the box, not after 2 years.

>4. Battery life indicator was flakey, has been withdrawn.

I N N O V A T I O N

Don't you have WiFi at Dennys? Hurry up with my pic dude. I've got a new post to make about my disappointment.

as a long-time pc/android user, it's hard to fault apple's macbook pro lineup

my girlfriend has one, and she can flip between several different graphic design programs fluidly and without any hesitation. compared to some beefy pc's that i've used that hesitate in similar situations, the macbook is a solid workstation laptop.

>t. mactoddler

Even Acer crap is better than Apple shit.

Is this actually legit?

You're not supposed to change the factory made settings like ram etc. Let the tech geniuses decide it for you (in apple headquarter) and you just need to work it

>dissapointed

It's disappointed, fucking retarded macfags I swear.

well what if you need 32gb of ram? what if you need a removable SSD? what if you need proper TB3 ports?

hopefully

12" macbook has 1 port. USB-C Gen1 5Gps
13" MBP has 2 ports TB# capable of 40GBPS each
13" upgraded model has 4 ports. 2 are full 40GBps and the other 2 are limited. Not sure of the exact speed
15" is full 40GBps on all 4 ports

TB3 > USB3-C in terms of pure power, but USB-C is a lot cheaper

>tfw no moons over my hammy

but you're just going by temperatures and not by capability

what kind of dumb ass shit test is that

>using legacy devices
>complaining about dongles

Why not just stop being a faggot and use type-c devices you plebian

>buying a meme just to troll mactoddlers

y tho

>implying I spent money
>his uncle doesn't send him $4K laptops for free

I just bought myself an Apple-refurbished 15" 2015 rMBP and I'm pretty happy. I would recommend that to anyone over a 2016

This is the greatest moment of my life.
You've really started something now you know.

>13" upgraded model has 4 ports. 2 are full 40GBps and the other 2 are limited. Not sure of the exact speed
See:

>Intel offers three versions of the controller:[54]
>one "DP" (Double Port) version that uses a PCIe 3.0 ×4 link to provide two Thunderbolt 3 ports (DSL6540)
>one "SP" (Single Port) version that uses a PCIe 3.0 ×4 link to provide one Thunderbolt 3 port (DSL6340)
>an "LP" (Low Power) version that uses a PCIe 3.0 ×2 link to provide one Thunderbolt 3 port (JHL6240).
>This follows previous practice, where higher-end devices such as the second-generation Mac Pro, iMac, Retina MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini use two-port controllers; while lower-end, lower-power devices such as the MacBook Air use the one-port version.

good thing the macbook airs are a dead line then?

>t. mactod

if i had a new macbook pro i'd probably just get a dock too so I wouldn't have to deal with all those dongles at home and just take the ones i need on the road. pretty simple solution if you ask me. if you can't afford it or just hate apple for some reason just say that instead of making up some bullshit about how you hate the computer because of dongles.

You're welcome.

>t. mactoddler

so for a machine that costs over 2 grand, they decided to go with one DP version and one SP version, when the DP costs only a couple bucks more and isnt too difficult to implement......

my point still stands. 13" 4 port is gimped by design.

The only devices that use thunderbolt 3 are the macbook pros 2016. Everything else is either Thunderbolt 2 or USB3-C-Gen1, so those quotes are irrelevant to everything else

Dongles on these machines are only a temporary thing. It's just like the RS232 -> USB days. USB-C and Tunderbolt 3 are fucking excellent, but no one wants to implement them.

The macbooks arent the first to do it. HP Spectre has only USB-C, Google Pixel laptop was USB-C and many phones are heading that way too. We already have USB-C displays, flash drives, RAID boxes, and external drives. Next steps are mice, keyboards, and some specialty devices like capture cards, external DAC's, and so on.

It's the transcition from USB-A to USB-C/Thunderbolt thats really fucking with people since they have to rebuy many things, especially the real Sup Forums type people who have hoardes of cables and devices.

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

I understand completely why you do it now. People just can't resist can they???

>RS232
fuck me
9 pin COM ports god damnit

I've been trolling Sup Forums with Macs and apple products since 2010, and it has never failed. Back when the MacBook Retinas came out it was an absolute shitfest here. Same thing when they redesigned the iMacs, as well as iPhones.

I've never used a macbooks lol

Kek. Best time for trolling is between 6-9 CST.

Nice try but the highest resolution MacBook screen is 2880x1800.

Is that central standard time? Sorry I'm Australian

Yes. Basically 5 hours ago.

the ram limit was because they used ddr3l
if they had used ddr4 instead it would have support 32 gigs.
and kabby lake was like a month away, it was retarded of them to release a skylake processor when in a month it's replacements would be out.
It's just like the 2015 15" all over again. (except significantly less throttling)
>As someone who works in the field
congratulations, you have an opinion. And just like all the other opinions it wont affect apple in any way.
" all have Intel HD 515 Graphics, even for the highest spec model
the non touch bar model has hd 540, and the touch bar model has hd 550
I don't get how you could fuck that up
>15" all use Radeon Pro 450
except they don't all use the 450, the 450 is just on the base model.
there's also the 455 and the 460
>which is shit compared to the GTX1060 and above
well no shit it performs worse, the 1060 has 4.5x the tdp as the 460m
>All models have non-removable RAM and are limited to 16GB max
for 99% of the users that isn't a problem.
although I do agree that it is stupid

Is that a shekel counter for your gained Apple shill bucks up there in the bar?

I laughed harder than I should have.

That XPS is disgusting shit.

Still at work. I need to photo shop a coffee into that picture

>USB-C and Tunderbolt 3 are fucking excellent, but no one wants to implement them.
See pic

>ram limit due to DDR3
"The true reason behind the lack of 32gb or ddr4 is intel. Skylake does not support LPDDR4 (LP for low power) ram. Kabylake is set to include support, but only for the U category of chips. So no LPDDR4 support for mobile until 2018 I think."
>no DDR4 until 2018
>on a device costing as much as a used car

>Radeon Pro 450,455,460
all of which are shit compared to a proper mobile GPU of the era, especially for a machine over 2 grand. Razer Blade even has more for the price

>16gb isnt a problem users dont care
Just because some people don't want it doesn't mean that it shouldnt be offered at all. There are people who will pay for it

While i agree that the naming scheme and the execution wasnt the best, the technology itself is still great. Eventually those kinks will go away once more cables and devices phase out the gen-1 shit and they become more standardized.

>While i agree that the naming scheme and the execution wasnt the best, the technology itself is still great. Eventually those kinks will go away once more cables and devices phase out the gen-1 shit and they become more standardized.
I don't really see the appeal. It seems like they just said "hey if we cut off the existing plug and wire it up to ours, it will look like we solved the compatibility issues of different cable types because all the different cables now use the same plug!"
But it only looks like they've solved the problem and now you've got the same number of different cables except they all look the fucking same.

>But it only looks like they've solved the problem and now you've got the same number of different cables except they all look the fucking same.
Also, this is without even mentioning the fact that you're going to have to get a fucking converter dongle for everything because no fucking devices are made for usb type c

Part of the problem is that Gen 1 and Gen 2 came out so close to one another, another problem is that Thunderbolt stuff is expensive to license, many manufacturers(especially the cheaper ones) either can't read the USB specification sheets, or refuse to, or they just want to get the biggest profits. USB-C requires a little 56K resistor if i recall, and many cheap companies skimp on that.

So far apple has done a decent job of distinguishing the 2 by using USB-C or TUnderbolt labels, but many haven't

I suspect it's just because of the way USB-C and thunderbolt 3 were released.

EIther way eventually most big companies will produce either Thunderbolt Capable cables, which are compatible with USB-C standards. If not then just USBc Gen2 and get rid of Gen 1 cables entirely.

USB-C devices do exist though. USB-C monitors exist, storage drives of various types exist, external RAID arrays, eGPU's, phones, and headphones too. It's the more specialized devices that are catching up, like DAC's and capture cards. Thunderbolt 3 devices exist as well but theyre just fucking expensive

I completely agree that its shitty though. Buying all the cables and adapters and newer devices is really annoying, but it's a one-time thing. DO it once now and you probably will be fine for years to come. Basically its the Serial/Parallel/PS2/Game Port --> USB shit all over again

Eh, none of my computers have a usb-c port anyway.

Older USB cables had similar issues too. Remember Mini USB? Many MicroUSB cables are charge-only as well, Micro USB3 was a disaster, and so on. Thunderbolt2 and Mini-Displayport was also another big problem.

I suspect that over time USB and Thunderbolt will merge into a single standard, since Thunderbolt supports USB already anyways.

basically we're just in a clusterfuck time, companies are being idiots and normies can't read and comprehend basic shit. Apart from the normies, it'll sort itself out over time.

I've got a 2016 12" macbook, USB-C flash drive, and a Oneplus 3. Once 4K monitors are cheaper i'll probably get one with USB-C built in. My next build in the spring will get USB-C, i'll probably invest un a USB-C 2.5" enclosure since ive got spare SSD's, and the rest will follow suit.

I see it more of an investment for whats to come rather than a barrier. More devices have it now and by the end of 2017 it'll be even more popular. May as well get it over with early on

>I see it more of an investment for whats to come rather than a barrier. More devices have it now and by the end of 2017 it'll be even more popular. May as well get it over with early on
Maybe. I mean I was pretty hyped for usb-3 but I've found I don't really rely on it that much. I guess I just don't really have assloads of data I need to transfer right now.

Maybe I'm just a nigger though.

I'm working on getting some dank 4K monitors as well once they get a little cheaper for my macbook. I'll probably invest in a dock as well so I can still use "normal" devices at home.

>May as well get it over with early on
Why? It'll be cheaper in the future when you actually need it, and you'll be able to get better USB-C devices than currently exist.

My desktop mobo has a USB-C port but I've never used it and I probably will never use it.

I'm only investing in basics so far, such as spare charger cables and 1-2 sync cables. Eventually i'll buy more advanced and up to date shit, but so far my oneplus amd my macbook have no complaints with USB-C.

I think eventually you'll be dragged into it. For now i think its good to invest in some basics like cables, charging bricks, batteries, USb sticks and such. They're fairly cheap now already for proper cables.

>I think eventually you'll be dragged into it. For now i think its good to invest in some basics like cables, charging bricks, batteries, USb sticks and such. They're fairly cheap now already for proper cables.
Perhaps eventually, but I see no rush. I currently have no issues plugging in my devices and other than a USB extender cable I don't have any dongles or converters so I'd say I'm sitting pretty low on the compatibility hell scale. USB-A really is GOAT.

But seriously the main bottleneck I'm annoyed about is internet.. I average

I get 30/5 so i cant compain much, but i get your point. I'm managibg with USB-A thanks to my headphone stand which has built in USB-A hub.

My setup is macbook 12" + the USB/HDMI adapter from apple (cheyre cheaper now0, then HDMI to monitor and USB-A to the headphone stand hub. Adapter also charges my machine so no problems there. BT KB/Trackpad and it runs surprisingly well even though its only USB-C Gen1. Gen1 can push 4K@60FPS + some USB ports + power, so anything above that makes me moister than an oyster. the future is fun