Going to pick up one of these when I get my tax refund. Is the 120Hz display upgrade worth it...

Going to pick up one of these when I get my tax refund. Is the 120Hz display upgrade worth it? Can this thing even render at 120fps for most games?

120 Hz is worth it. But on a laptop ? Waste of money. Even with g-sync.

>$1850 just for a G-Sync laptop
>Alienware

Wew

Alienware has been something of a meme since they became Dell, but they're still not bad machines.

Gaming laptops are shit. They are like the failed science experiment that is shrieking "kill me." It's a laptop, without the benefits of a laptop. Big, bulky, and a shit battery life. Getting a laptop so you can game on the go is like buying an RV instead of a house. It's a shit to house, and a shitty car. For $1800 you could get a desktop that plays games as well as that and a small laptop for portability.

>That font rendering 8^{

>Is the 120Hz display upgrade worth it?
Yes
>Can this thing even render at 120fps for most games?
Yes

If you feel like owning a gaming laptop, go for it

razer blades break the mold

>paying 150 extra for a tn panel
top wew

>what is input lag

Razor blade breaks the bank

@ 1080p with a 1070 yes more than yes

Have you actually seen a high quality TN panel?

Go to your microcenter and see they are fine like on Asus swift

How exactly would G-sync work to synchronize at 60Hz if you're pushing 120+ fps without dumping frames? Sorry I'm not really familiar with this technology or how it would work.

Just wait till they get an oled panel like the 13. LCD panels just cant compare.

What about someone who works on a ship? I have a Surface for portability, but for gaming, it'd have to be either a laptop or a """portable""" pc. I know it's not ideal, but for me, gaming laptop is as good as it's going to get.

Just a reminder that if you get a tax refund, you are literally a cuck who gave the government an interest free loan.

You want the balance to be close to $0.

I am single with no children and can't claim anything other than myself and don't really have much to take as deductions.

Not that user it's literally your only option then sure but you can get a micro-atx build that will probably take less desk space and cost less. You have a surface tablet which covers your laptop needs. Unless you need a powerful portable pc for something besides gaming, which it doesn't sound like you do.

>high quality TN panel

Nice font rendering!
Is this windows xp?

Windows 7/ Firefox

>Paying an additional $150 for a TN panel