Does anyone buy these fat bastard laptops? Why wouldn't you just get a desktop at that point?

Does anyone buy these fat bastard laptops? Why wouldn't you just get a desktop at that point?

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz
youtube.com/watch?v=bnpoAIfUWIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kids man

chinese exchange students

Can you stop shilling this laptop.

I have an Asus G73S that I got in like 2010. 17.3 inch 1080p. I put a bios firmware fix so it didnt throttle down. Gen 2 i7 4 core 8 threads. 8Gb DDR3 ram. Still glorious as ever.

Cant find that anymore. Most processors now are 2 core.

Battery finally stopped holding charge. No biggie.

ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz

because now you can take your desktop with you

A mini-ITX is much more portable and powerful

Just need a monitor

and a keyboard and mouse +cables

Say no one

Its obviously a monstrosity, but its more of a novel item. Its just desktop components made mobile. Not a high selling item but expensive to make it worth producing. I don't play video games but some people are obsessed with them and I imagine this shit would interest them.

>Why wouldn't you just get a desktop at that point?

Shilling....

Oh isn't that cute a full keyboard huh

portable raid 5, faggot

and this is without the extended battery

Probably manchildren

They are forced to move on with life but they failed to grow up and they still play video games.

They are probably austistic enough to use this outside their house

My gf has one. It's convenient since we don't have a desk in our apartment. My desktop is under/on a side table next to the couch and she uses her alienware on the bed in the other room.

When she got it, she was told she would be bought any one computer she wanted so she pretty much split the difference between a desktop and a laptop. This way, she could move it between hanging out with her roommates in the living room and retiring to her bedroom without owning two machines. Pretty practical if you ask me.

swagged the fuck out

>my gf

are you even trying to be beliavable?

I get the gaming laptop if you're on the road a lot for work or something.

Otherwise, no. And never that Acer monstrosity.

is your "gf" rich?

I bet your girlfriends facebook games run at maximum frames on that bad boy

Center of QWERTY keyboard not at the center of the screen. All of my hatred. Why does it drive me so crazy?

awesome

Are /k/ommando laptops worth it?

There's no point. All possible use case scenarios are perfectly covered by these three choices

>big smartphone small tablet
>they have the advantage of being more weildy than anything else
>ultrabook or netbook
>light and long battery life while being capable enough to get shit done on the go
>desktop pc
>can do everything

"Gaming" laptops, big tablets, all in one PC and probably some others have no place whatsoever. They're senseless gimmicks and people who own them generally tend to be utterly clueless.

This rugged motherfucker eats macbooks for breakfast.

autism

I can see these laptops as being useful if you go to a lot of LAN parties. Like a few every month. Definitely easier to lug around than a full desktop.

this is true. watching someone haul in an atx case and a 24" screen with wires and peripherals is fun to watch

you can flip the touchpad part upside down and it'll reveal the numblock

i mean sure technically it's still not aligned but at least that makes it not as bad

really

Yes because it's easy to travel with and I don't have to compromise when I game. I also have a desktop I built myself. Different people have different needs and wants. Deal with it.

>it's too hard to carry!
lol

This is some 1990's movie hacker shit.

Yes, if you're conducting data ops in a combat environment in the asspit of the other side of the planet

youtube.com/watch?v=bnpoAIfUWIk

linus tech memes. Goddamn its fucking huge holy shit.

Why do you need a big heavy screen?

winrar

it so true

LCD screens aren't heavy, retard.

Who can afford those things?

You can build a house in my country, with that kind of money.

Why do we turn into such crybabies at the mere sight of a 'gaming laptop'? Probably because us fatfuck neckbeards never leave our dungeons so we can't possibly see the appeal of something that is mobile??

Year after year, they keep releasing new models so there has to be a market for this.

Personal Opinion: I have an Asus g750jz and I worked on a rotation schedule for 2 years. 4 weeks in one state and 2 weeks back home. It was literally the perfect computer for me.

She plays an mmorpg amirite?

She also cucks you with a guy from it 100%.

How is it possible to be a gaymer AND take like 5-6 classes a semeater and pass all with atleast a B+?

How will this work in Ini taking notes?

Wut, you do know the specs?

Nah, I like my thin portable macbook with RAID and an actual GPU

>$8999 starting

Even pic related with the most absurd components (2TB 960 pro, 4TB SSD) reaches up to around $7k.

Correction: 8k and a bit since you can put two (2) 2TB 960 pros.

oh fuck i forgot about the sager meme

It's still shilling. OP is obviously drawing attention to the product. The point of his '''opion"" is to not make it look like a shill and let the other anons do it for him.

Do you carry desktops with you when you travel?
Or carry them around to places you'll be for a while, but can't leave over night?

Jesus you're stupid

So where's the monitor

By cheating.

Rugged laptops give me a stiffy

stupid purchase for anybody regardless of price.

The only person that would ever realistically consider buying this would be a some eceleb streamer or youtuber so they can take it to events even then it's fucking stupid

why don't you just use iCloud® lmao

That's a pretty small pc

Well most people ,even here ,think it's a pretty dumb idea apart from some specific circumstances.

By not being a fucking retard.

honest question: what's the battery life on something like this?

get a portable one and put it in the same case or a regular one and just carry. they're light as fuck.

It's useful for VK'ing a skinjob.