Is the coil while REALLY that bad? Everything else about this laptop seems perfect

Is the coil while REALLY that bad? Everything else about this laptop seems perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z5D37EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When the room is quiet, I can hear coil whine when scrolling using touchpad gestures in Firefox. I don't really care as it's not necessarily defective, and not loud.

I don't like how Dell turned a perfectly fine Macbook Pro competitor into a shit pajeet convertible. Fuck that shit pajeet M$ ceo for ruining WIndows and PCs.

What are you even blathering about?

You realize this laptop has important ports right?

It has coilwhine but I only noticed it after people on Sup Forums started complaining about it

I've been looking at one of these, but I'm wondering if Windows 10 is as horrible as they say or should I try to put W7 on it?

>if Windows 10 is as horrible as they say
It's worse.

How so?

The OS actively spies on you, how's that ever acceptable? Not to mention shit like forced updates.

I was undecided because of it, got one and it's dead silent. Out of the 3 people I know who have it only one has coil whine.

I'd say get it.

>not MacOS

Why even computer

FORCED
RESTARTS

Coil whine is pbad on mine. If I try to do too much at once it'll turn off and won't turn on for awhile

OH HOLY FUCK

That's not true. I have over 20 days uptime now.

I have a Dell XPS 13 for about 6 months now, haven't noticed any whine to speak of, but I haven't held the laptop to my ear to listen for it.

Is it like the logitec mx518 mouse where you can hear it if you hold your ear up to it?

The issue I've had with my XPS is that it wakes from sleep. When it starts acting up, it will not sleep, if I press the power button, it will wake itself back up almost instantly, and a shutdown will reboot it. If i hold the power button to turn it off compeletely, it is good for a while. I'm hoping a BIOS update or Win 10 update will solve this soon.

it's been a fantastic laptop other than that.

I'll have to add that I have had no forced restarts either, not sure what that is about.

You guys didn't see the new xps 13 2 in 1 in CES?

It's a shitty macbook pro copy, only 2 usb-c ports

That's a different model. Normal XPS 13s will still be sold you retard

test

seconding this guy, my model is dead silent, even when putting my ear on it

Lol are you fucking joking?
The XPS13 is loud as fuck, I work with someone who uses one and the thermals are so shit on them you hear a high pitched loud fan every other minute.

ffs are you braindead install a linux distro of your choice and you have a functional laptop for your shitposting

i barely notice the coil whine.

My only complaint is about the touchpad freezing and having to restart every few days, but this seems to be an OS or driver issue since it goes back to normal after a restart.

That's a different model nigger

I fixed my coil whine after googling for 5 minutes by uninstalling the intel graphic drivers and letting windows use generic ones

>The issue I've had with my XPS is that it wakes from sleep.

I had sleep issues with mine, where it would reboot instead of waking from sleep in every scenario except for when it was put to sleep on AC & the AC remained connected until I woke it.

Since downgrading the BIOS from 1.2.16 to 1.2.14 & installing the latest 'Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver & Management Console' the problem has completely gone away.

Thinking of buying hp envy
15.6" 1080p ips
256 m.2 ssd, i5-7200, 8gb ddr4

price: 757 eur

Main uses: software dev, media

Is that a good choice ?

Link to manufacturers page:
store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z5D37EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

Updates are one per month, it can fuck up important tasks, it is unacceptable

Maybe I just got lucky, but I can't hear any coil whine from mine.

no, honestly not joking, bought mine in Oct, and have never noticed any high pitched whine. Fans are actually very quiet and I hardly notice them. Mine is an i5 skylake though, so maybe it depends on the processor.

I'm thinking of buying one, 8gb Ram or 16?

I was looking at the non touch model because it gets way better battery and I didn't need a touchscreen, and an i7 with 8gb of ram, I was wondering if going up to the qhd model for the 16gb ram is worth it

You can turn that off with Win10 pro

What is the definitive answer on the coil whine, is it tolerable?

Also, is the developer edition (i5 7200u, 8GB ram, 128GB ssd) good? It is $1400 CAD including shipping and tax. Coupons don't work.

This
I have been using windows 10 since day one and OMFG
Fresh windows 7 on a ssd blew my mind. I thought I would ditch linux for that matter because it was so light (for a windows you know) and fast like holy shit

>Windows 10 is as horrible as they say
I actually BOUGHT a licence for windows 7 and upgraged to 10 and any mod could verify I am actually posting from linux as windows 10 is annoyingly boring. It's the same as windows 7 but even more boring. Also I dont trust it and I dont trust microsoft

no you cant
you need enterprise/education

its tolerable unless youre autistic
kaby lake versions may not have it

I only notice the whine if I'm in a literally completely silent environment. And even then, it's not loud enough to bother me and it's easily ignored.

The 9350 is GOAT.

tfw no xps13 with an actual gpu

I saw a guy on YouTube demoing that Kaby Lake does have the problem.

coil whine isn't caused by the CPU anyway

I meant he was demoing the xps 13 with the Kaby Lake.

The words "coil" and "whine" have no business being anywhere near a laptop costing that much.

If Dell still can't get their shit together in 2017CE, don't buy.

I have the dev edition and haven't noticed a coil whine yet.

What else are you going to buy?
A used Cumpad?

> sees inferior machine
> manufacturing defects galore
> implies there aren't better machines available for less money

Such as?

When a faggot want to buy a Macbook Pro, you faggots say Dell XPS. When a faggot wants to buy a Dell XPS you say there are better alternatives and don't list any. This is because there are no better alternatives. You are going to get fucked in one way or another, no matter what.

Might as well buy the fucking Macbook Pro, the best machine on the market.

>muh used Thinkpad

>>muh used Thinkpad
This is the only thing you can buy that is Sup Forums approved. You should expect this if you come to Sup Forums for laptop advice. What you need to do is just ignore the spergs and read the rational advice if any is posted. You should know this kind of stuff though, if you have been browsing here for any reasonable length of time.

It's a bullshit thing people talk about because other than that, there is literally not a single thing wrong with the XPS 13.

You have reached the maximum payable for shilling today. Please try again in 24 hours.

t. Pajeet Central Command

HELLO SAL, I WOULD LIKE TO THANKYEW FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!

THE 3 RUPEES WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT VERY SOON!

t. Pajeet Top Command

Depends on how good your hearing is/how young you are. For me, it's noticeable if the room is dead quiet, when scrolling or moving the mouse. It never bothered me to begin with though

Is this something you hear through headphones? I use a separate DAC, maybe that's why I've never heard it?