First day at work

>be me today
>18y/o, starting my first job at an ISP
>Its a small office with about 7 members of staff
>all the staff are 30 year old manchilds.
>"Okay user we will need to find something to get you connected to the network on"
> reply "Don't worry I've got my laptop with me"
>"great man perfect"
>sit down at desk
>pull out MacBook
>boss laughs
>other coworkers laugh and make jokes about how shit macs are throughout the day
>they proceed to call me "gay" and "a joke" LITERALLY just because i have a mac (which is working perfectly fine and has not presented any problems in compatibility so far)
>main chubby manchild asks "so user what are your plans for the weekend?"
>"oh just going out with my girlfriend then probably meeting a few friends"
>I ask manchild about his plans
>"probably gonna get drunk tonight and then play battlefield 1 until monday"

Today i learned that anyone that gets all bitchy about macs for no reason are just 30 year old chubby virgins with a chip on their shoulder.

Nice blog post OP

well you do use a mac

fucking idiot

>play battlefield 1
I hope you called him a cuck

I don't care

Quality post OP

wqhy would you bring a laptop to work

have fun getting problems later on.
Doing work on private devices means in case of problems the device belongs to the company as long as it isn't clear that there are no companyfiles on it anymore. Happened to one of my coworkers that got fired two years ago...

you sound like a fag and not because of the mac although you still are

Why wouldn't you?

This definitely happened.

You cared enough to open the thread and reply.

Sounds more like a company policy to me.

Nice advert, Apple.

Enjoy your failing stock price, friendo.

Apple here,
OH NO YOU CAUGHT US!
We where so desperate for the money of weeaboos that we came up with an elaborate false story in order to trick people.
Fuck times are getting so tough, our quarterly revenue of $50 billion is barely enough to pay the heating.

Things that never happened the blogpost
Where is the like/share/upvote button?

So what you're saying is that you work in an office with Sup Forums?

good blog

OP here.
This actually did happen today.
The fact you find it unbelievable is the very reason i made a fucking post about it.
It shocked me that this level of autism is real and not just something you see on Sup Forums or by 13 year olds.

I use a ThinkPad, in fact I use them religiously. The only laptops other than ThinkPads I could see myself using are either the Xiaomi Mi Air things or a Let's Note, pic related. Too expansive to justify buying though.

I don't buy Macs because I don't personally like them, and Apple a shit. That being said, if these guys were seriously giving you shit for owning a Mac, that's pretty autistic. If it was lighthearted banter, I could find that funny.

my sister had a mac book for the longest time, it always gave her problems while gaming and we gave her shit for it, but she has two kids

that thing has taken a beating

>spilled water
>spilled milk
>spilled breast milk
>spilled peach schnapps
>dropped on the ground`
>thrown on the ground
>tumble off a chair
>tumble off a bed
>tumble down some stairs
>carpet, hardwood, concrete

the thing was basically indestructible

she still couldn't play games for shit and we gave her shit for having a mac, it was more of a joke than anything really

I remember one thread where this guy called a kid in his class a macfag and everyone ended up glaring at him, he couldn't comprehend what he'd done wrong

>>spilled breast milk

Please tell me you personally offered to clean it up

Yea i dont think many mac users expect their macs to be able to play video games.
I openly admit to having one purely for the pretty OS and hardware, my choice. Its not like I've never owned a regular computer before.

Why the fuck would you bring your own laptop to work? Why the fuck would you support the costs of working yourself? Maybe the stereotype of mac users is true.

>>spilled water
>indestructible
Things that never happened.

There are two kinds of offices (in IT). The ones with macbooks, and the ones where applel is laughed at. I work at the latter and couldnt be happier

9/10

You hit all the main points:
>mac users are young + hip
>PC users are 30 year old manchildren
>PC users trash talk on the Mac, definitely not the Macfag bragging and getting told off
>Reinforce that they are all manchildren (even though they run the business and you're an 18 year old intern)
>Show that Mac user's have GFs and lives, while PC users just drink and play video games

No ISP is going to have you connecting your personal machine to the management network.

I don't believe that Apple would pay an employee to do this, so you're either a ruseman or sad unpaid shill who is defined by his laptop choice.

Why wouldn't you use a laptop you prefer over a company provided one?
>Why the fuck would you support the costs of working yourself?
It's not like he had to buy the laptop for work.

>It's not like he had to buy the laptop for work.
Not understanding the meaning of "wear and tear"
>Why wouldn't you use a laptop you prefer over a company provided one?
Because its a job, and in case someone didn't tell you we don't live in a feudalistic system anymore, the company is responsible for providing you the tools you need to perform your job duties. They won't help you when you're in a bind why should you help them?

>Not understanding the meaning of "wear and tear"
Quit handling your shit like an ape.
>Because its a job, and in case someone didn't tell you we don't live in a feudalistic system anymore, the company is responsible for providing you the tools you need to perform your job duties. They won't help you when you're in a bind why should you help them?
Again, it's not like he had to buy the laptop for work; he chose to use it.

OP here

Little did the chubby manchild know that my girlfriend's name was Steve.

>he chose to use it.
then he is a fucking idiot

What a gay joke

Okay buddy

>spilled breast milk
I wish I was that mac

Maybe when you get big boy job at a big boy company with big boy systems you'd realize how wrong you are.

Please do explain, I'd love to see some more retarded ranting like

Say you drive a van, that's your transportation.
You start working for local delivery company
>Ok user let's get you a vehicle for you to do your job
>Not needed, I got my own.

>having to bring your own computer at work

fake and gay ;)

That's an extremely poor analogy. Vehicles require regular maintenance, meanwhile you can use a laptop for 10 years without having to do anything to it.

>That's an extremely poor analogy.
It's really not, it is exactly the proper analogy, you may not like it, but it is exactly the same principle.

user, car analogies are rarely proper, yours is an outstanding example of that.

How about you tell me what you actually know about big systems?
Just because you say snarky shit doesn't make up for the fact that I could list of plenty of in house configuration, regedit, group policy and other environmental issues associated with a true work laptop to be integrated fully into in house systems.

But if you're a dumbass (which is the most likely scenario), it wouldn't mean a thing.

Fact is, if you think its cool for you to mix personal and work computers outside of the VPN + remoting in, you are a retard.

Okay, kid

It's very simple, its a resource that is yours.

Your employer's job is to give you the tools you need to perform your job. You shouldn't have to bring your own resources in to do it.

If you can't understand that simple concept that is your problem.

Software updates, you've probably hear of them. Also try running your browsers with a computer that is a decade old and tell me

I think you're trolling

This, usually you'll get a laptop to work on owned by the company and that integrates with their policy.

Yea, I didn't think you knew shit

Print out pic-related, make it sticky and then slap it across your forehead so people at work know they need to dumb shit down for you

>be on Sup Forums
>op works at isp
>why would you bring a laptop to work on

really nigga?

>Print out pic-related, make it sticky and then slap it across your forehead so people at work know they need to dumb shit down for you

LOL

that laptop is a cute

Yes you never take your OWN laptop to work unless it's specifically specified that you can bring your own laptop (BYOD)

It's not that simple. A van requires maintenance and costs money to own over time, a computer is just a computer. I mean, you should maintain it but it's definitely not as necessary as a vehicle. And again, he didn't have to bring a laptop, he chose to. The company's not making him buy equipment for work, he's simply choosing to work with equipment he prefers.

How about you just come to work with me, when the see the massive retard I'm with all the time they'll most likely just assume I'm one too.

It's such a neat device, I'm glad someone's still making a good 10" notebook.

It'd be more prudent to just have you go in and open that cock holster you call a mouth and talk.

>they hired you
>guy that works there plays bf1

No OP, you and everyone that works there is dumb.

>he's simply choosing to work with equipment he prefers.
yeah he's an idiot. and you're an idiot if you don't understand the concept or your employers obligations towards the employee. let me put it in terms Sup Forums will understand. his employer is being a greedy jew bastard by letting his employee bring in his own tools

>yes goy bring your own shit, when it breaks you replace it since you decided it is what you prefer to do anyway.

But that's the opposite of what you'd want; I thought you were trying to tell me how to sound stupid.

For the tenth goddamned time, the employer fulfilled their obligation and he chose to use something else anyway. I have an extremely hard time believing you're actually this fucking dense.

I agree with you, any outfit that make you bring your own comp outside of a fresh startup is not professional or intelligent

They're not making him bring the fucking laptop.

They're allowing it aren't they?

Making him bring his own laptop and allowing him to bring his own laptop are two different things.

>Today i learned that anyone that gets all bitchy about macs for no reason are just 30 year old chubby virgins with a chip on their shoulder.

Sounds like they all browse Sup Forums. Just ignore them and keep plowing your gf OP

Not necessarily, they shouldn't allow him to use his personal device to begin with. They'll piss and moan if something happens and he asks them for equipment.

I think you do sound stupid. I think you missed the point, but I'll just say bless your heart!

Think of that sticker as a way to make sure everyone around is on the same page as me prior to personal interaction with you.

Not necessarily
This isn't debatable, choosing to bring a laptop and being forced to are different and that's a fact.

Go fuck a chainsaw sideways.

wrong, I was an intern at a private ISP. They either assign you a lappie or you can come in with yours. Depends on your preferences

Then OP is a retarded Macfag hipster who probably thinks all his specialties in Ruby On Rails is going to be useful.

Have an adult jingle some shiny keys in front of you for a bit.

It'll vibe you out so you wont be so cranky

I bet your co workers love you.

Or he prefers the laptop he owns (which would make a hell of a lot of sense considering he liked it enough to buy it) and doesn't want to have to downgrade to a work machine every day.

Make like a banana and fuck off.

They do, people get sad when they don't get to work with me.

intern a fulltime job

you're such a fucking retard. take the assburgers quiz and diagnose yourself.

>lol everyone I don't like is mentally ill
ebin maymay

right, they bully you harder when you're an intern.

Dude's an intern. Totally different.

I already outlined a few reasons why doing that is retarded.
Then we established a baseline that you aren't able to actually comprehend the technical aspects and value of using pre-existing images on a specific type of hardware.

Then you had a retard fit and are butt mad you are faced with reality.

I bet you own a Fedora.

Why all these panasonic ultra light are japan-only?
Is there seriously no market for such a device in the west?

I'd gladly use one but it has this horrible nip keyboard.

It even has a fucking VGA port.
And the colorscheme is lovely.

I dunno but it's going to piss me off when I get mine, I hate ISO return keys.

No, you probably aren't going to be doing system critical changes.

All flaming aside, if they let you guys bring in your own hardware to deal with important in-house systems, they are either not a very smart company or just don't care.

I'll tell you now all flaming aside, that if that is the case, I would look for another outfit once you could pad your resume.
Working at a company run by retards will damage your career and make transitioning much harder than it needs to be.

>It even has a fucking VGA port.
Even more surprising, it's a 10" convertible with a Blu-ray drive.

hmm, I can assure you this company is good my dude. What shit company would get attacked from inside without any proper security? I'm not big on network stuff but I fail to see the problem here.

mfw none of this ever happened, the only believable line was the last.

>but I fail to see the problem here.
>I'm not big on network stuff
>thinks its perfectly ok to BYOD

Welp, you got me convinced. I'm glad we now live in a world with no security vulnerabilities. Maybe you'll get luck and they'll make you run run a profile on your personal stock.

worst i can imagine happening is them spying on me. We were all running linux btw

worst thread I've ever seen

and gotta love the insecure dipshits in the replies trying to low-key brag about having a better job even though nobody knows anything about each other

oddly enough, i know everybody has a small penis

LOL XD XD

fuck you saged

ok

>work in a tech startup
>everyone gives me shit about my lenovo with win7

I have hackintosh in there and they are still smug

>work in a tech startup
I'm sorry.

>____ are just ____

You are no better than them.

>first job
>enough money for macbook

How?

Parents? Drugs?

>going out with my girlfriend
>girlfriend

I think you mean "boyfriend" amirite lol

OP is gay, uses a mac

ebin

So you got bullied by a bunch of fat losers and started angrily shitposting about it on Sup Forums after telling them you were going to hang out with friends.

I use HP and frequently visit the embrace of a harlot known as your mom.

I was actually the president of the chess club in high school and this guy is a fucking retard. Comparing everything to chess, and then posting his bitch feelings to the entire world.

Waste of oxygen.

Top bait, mate.