Linux new fag here i have a question

if i took exes and a application game that im playing currently and copy paste them on my usb would they open on linux or will they just be stuck and not open

Other urls found in this thread:

playonlinux.com/en/supported_apps-1-0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmao you're fucking dumb

is that a no or yes i said im new

Dr autism to the rescue

Not saying .exe files don't run on Linux but I would say it will not work under normal circumstances.

exe files are made of many routines, obj files, library calls etc that may be built against the the Win32 API. If there is the win32 API installed in your Linux machine the exe file would run. Otherwise, in most cases it won't

You mean exe's from Windows to Linux? You'd need to run them with the program called wine.

so i would need wine too run my streaming software okie dokie would my streaming software still work

don't listen to this faggot: just use WINE and it'll be fine unless they use some weird fucking calls

maybe, try it out.

If it's OBS just install the Linux version.

does korora have win32 api in it?

Yes. However there is a thing called WINE or Playonlinux that may enable to translate the win32 calls into native Linux syscalls.

Install WINE.

Note that the exe file is probably only one little fraction of the entire game. There are many other program files that are located within your C:\ drive. Your best bet is to install them in Linux from the scratch.

I advice you be more familiar with Linux beforehand, it's not entirely a beginner friendly OS when it comes to installing a windows games

be able*

Fuck I hate phoneposting

First off, I don't know what OS you are talking about taking them from. Let us assume it is windows to linux. This is problematic for many reasons like x_64 vs ARM.

Second, I have never used Wine like one user suggested, I have a gut feeling you will need more than that to get the program running. I suggest moving the containing folder as to make sure all config files/dll are moved with it.

Third, if there was any installation necessary, it probably used a program called WiX which fucking sucks and probably would cause you issues.

You'd have an easier time emulating on the linux box depending on the graphic needs of the program since rdp'ing can be real slow especially if you don't have enough allocated resources

I'm not sure why you'd be so inclined to do such a thing anyways, care to enlighten me?

thank you dr autism

im a stream fag who wanted his stream software and his visual novel on linux to see if its possible

no if you're not using some kind of virtual box, emulator or application like Wine. the kernels are totally different, which means applications are build on different ways and work on different ways on them.

Wine actually works great. The only thing it won't run is FL studio 12 for me. Almost everything works.

Sadly most of modern windows games won't run on linux/wine/PlayOnLinux. The compatibilty with windows applications is quite limited.

playonlinux.com/en/supported_apps-1-0.html
These are play on linux ports

What distro of linux are you running? Fun fact, Linux is just the kernel.
When you need to debug linux it is better for you to give the distro like Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSuSE

korora

I remember looking at it only when I was having some issues with the OSX version of Ableton Live, because to run on Mac, they use Wine. That is good to know in the future, thanks user

Is there any specific need for this exact version? Given the wide spread support I think you would be better off with Ubuntu or Debian.

korora is actually pretty good, but I would not recommend it to beginners

i heard ubuntu is buggy garbage now and debian i dont know about that one so far i have too do nothing for korora besides caja not opening anymore when i close it and the command not working