Router OS

What are some Linux-based router OSs I can use? I was going to use pfSense, but it doesn't have the driver I need to use a certain network card.

Bampu

Stop being a fag and just buy a Cisco ASA, it runs Linux

This. Best firewall out there.

Vyatta. It is basically debian with CiscoIOS-like management interface.
Linux kernel have much better hardware support then bsd and you are allowed to run any third party software (eg tinc or shadowsocks) on it which is almost impossible to do on pfsence.

>Vyatta
VyOS. Brocade killed off Vyatta Core 4 years ago, but VyOS survives because some smart guy forked the source tree just in time.

>CiscoIOS
It's actually closer to JunOS, used in Juniper's devices.

I use Ubuntu LTS

>(((Cisco))) ASA
No thanks, I don't want your NSA backdoors in my firewall

I rent router from ISP. Is there any way I bypass their shit firmware and upload custom one?

Probably not, you'll only violate their terms and conditions and result in you getting cut off.

If the router can be set to bridged mode, do that and then connect it to your own router and put your network behind it. So instead of this:

Internet -> ISP modem -> Your network

Do this:

Internet -> ISP modem in bridged mode -> Your own router/firewall -> Your network

Depending on what the ISP router does, your router very likely needs to do NATting/firewalling/DHCP/etc., otherwise you're screwed.

Get another card. pfSensle is absolutely worth it, it's amazing.

>CiscoIOS
It's actually closer to JunOS, used in Juniper's devices.

[Citation needed]

Just with some IPTables or something?

So how is VyOS, then?

No, thanks.

For now, I want to make use of this card, but at some point I will probably get a new one.

VyOS

Who the fuck paid you to say that

I purchased the network card recommended by Pfsense. 2 to be exact. Best networking decision I've made. Router on time is 90 days and I've had zero issues.

But pfsense is *bsd, not linux

>2017
>not using a layer 7 firewall

I know, which is why I want to switch to a Linux distribution.

I'm currently trying to get it to work on ClearOS, but unfortunately, I can't find the driver, even though it works fine on Arch. It's an X4447A, made by Sun, meaning I need the nxge driver.

>router on time
I've got some Asus router, and I've never turned it off. Is this usually a thing people do?

IPFire is a pretty good, Linux based router/firewall OS.

Alpine linux

Routers need to be restarted when doing changes to certain settings, or to fix issues with connectivity.

JIDF detected