I live on a """""""politically active"""""""" college campus. It's all the usual SJW rhetoric...

I live on a """""""politically active"""""""" college campus. It's all the usual SJW rhetoric. My group wants to look into protesting the protests.

I want a loud fucking megaphone, something that will drown out the other people and clear out the SJWs and possibly get me ticketed for noise violations.

Whats the best megaphone for this purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=loudest megaphone
amazon.co.uk/Portable-Megaphone-Bullhorn-Powerful-Siren/dp/B00FP19LAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483768718&sr=8-1&keywords=Croove's 30 Watt Bullhorn megaphones
amazon.co.uk/Vexus-MEG060-60W-megaphone-siren/dp/B013SO2O44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I live on a """""""politically active"""""""" college campus.
your keyboard is broken buddy. you might want to fix that before turning in papers.
also
>college
>lots of bullshit politically active students
pick two. stop acting like you're some especially disenfranchised college student.
>my group wants to look into protesting the protests
your group sounds like a couple of faggots.

>what's the best megaphone for [loud fucking megaphone]?
literally google.com/search?q=loudest megaphone you hilariously stupid faggot.

calm down friendo :^)

kys desu

what part of my post seemed riled up? you're the one fixing to protest stuff. i think you're projecting something

>waahhhhhh someone wasn't nice to me on reddit wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
always happy to help a crybaby faggot looking to throw a tantrum

In real life, you can't literally shout down those you disagree with.

it works in acedemia

FPBP

The fuck with this thread?

No, I mean *you* can't, because you're a timid socially disabled kid.

>it works in acedemia
??? in what context?

This OP needs to learn tolerance and how to ignore. You just will look worse then them. Don't get on their level.

But I have read the guidebook :^)
The voices that are heard are the loudest. If SJWs are the loudest people then their voice is heard. See campus safe-spaces, mandatory rape prevention courses, and even fucking segregation that ended up happening at Cal State LA.
If you want change, you must use the opponent's weapon against them. Make them see how their sword is double edged.We have been turning the other cheek for over five years now, and its gotten us nowhere.

This. You're definitely going to get censured by your university for speaking out against an SJW rally. One of your friends is going to say something like "fuck queers", or someone'll bring a sign that's stupidly trying to be clever (like a Nazi symbol with "#buddhism" underneath it in small letters), and the admins will be thrilled to throw the book at all of you and call you a hate group.

Nobody on campus will argue especially vigorously on your behalf — some people will offer an academic debate about free speech versus awful shit, but it'll literally just be an academic exercise in circlejerking.

At my undergrad university some frat got in trouble for publishing a video to youtube where they had blackface on. That's an extracurricular organization doing something completely off-site on the Internet. I think it's been like 4 years and the chapter still isn't allowed on campus. I don't even think anyone bothered to say a single word in that frat's defense along the lines of "yeah it was bad, but [free speech]". It only crossed the line when Black Student Union members were talking on some group chat thing about jumping members of that fraternity. And even then people were just like "well that's too far". Basically no outrage on par with the blackface video.

I just don't see the point of protesting a protest. It sounds like jumping into youtube comments to correct everyone who's wrong. They're all retarded. Everyone who comments on youtube videos is retarded. If you join in, you will be someone who comments on youtube videos. Is that what you want?

This one sends a message loud and clear.

>The voices that are heard are the loudest. If SJWs are the loudest people then their voice is heard. See campus safe-spaces, mandatory rape prevention courses, and even fucking segregation that ended up happening at Cal State LA.
no, i'm asking in what context in academia it works to shout down people you disagree with. what you said was just random shit.

unless you're saying SJWs won by shouting down people, but my sense has been that SJWs have a fit about something and then the only people who care enough to push back seem to shut down emotionally. either they quote scripture or they seem to be trying to troll but they're just all over the place, or something.

if someone wants to make bathrooms gender inclusive, you can object, but your objection shouldn't be, you know, retarded or scatter-brained or something.

>reddit fag shows up first post every time

>wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why don't people support me!!!???

/thread

It's well within my rights to do so, and it is within university policy. If they try to shut me down the will just be exposing a double standard.

And I will make sure that my group doesn't do some retarded shit that's actually against school policy.
They won by shouting down all dissent to the examples I provided. My bad, should have clarified but I forgot to exclude the political content which has us off topic because Sup Forums is full of redditors.

>>>/reddit/

>It's well within my rights to do so, and it is within university policy. If they try to shut me down the will just be exposing a double standard.
it sounds like you think the first amendment applies here, which is adorable.

What are SJWs? It seems to mean every leftist but people who want safe spaces vs people who protest for worker rights are different to my eyes

SJW is just the pejorative name for the modern progressive.

The difference is between an SJW and a liberal is that one fights for your rights and one fights for your feelings.

Would you like to make a bet on that?
Mind you, sound is a very effective form of croud control.

You either side with me, leave the area, or go deaf before the cops arrive trying to argue against my views.

Social Justice Warrior. Basically someone who takes it upon themselves to pick fights with everyone about privilege and all that.

they're sort of the bogeyman for conservatives who feel victimized by college students.

if it's loud enough for that, campus security will probably show up and taser you. you're free to take a risk if you want, but the threshold where i live above which the police can be called is quite a bit lower than the level that would make you deaf within 5 or 10 minutes, so unless you went up to people individually and blasted it in their ears you wouldn't manage to cause any lasting harm. you'd just get yourself arrested.

this is the problem with anti-SJW protesters. you're like Sup Forumstards showing up at places with guy fawkes masks. you have everything up to the entrance planned out in your head, and then you're standing there looking like a complete faggot with no plan to not look like a tool.

op on suicide watch after first post

Liberals don't fight for anything that doesn't affect them personally.

Just buy a fuck off big cowbell and ring it around saying you are feeling what they are saying

If they tell me to turn down the microphone, I will turn it down to the level that the opposition is using. If they tell me to turn it down further, I will tell them the other students are being this loud, so why can't I?

Classical liberals*

We are off topic, what's a good megaphone?

Also worth noting that campus security will probably already be there with mace and stuff. They're not picking sides or anything, either. They just mace whoever's causing a serious disturbance (and an illegal noise disturbance is mace-worthy).

This cop worked at UC Davis (as in, employed by the university) was not only not fired, but paid $38k in worker's comp for psychological pain and suffering. The dude pepper spraying the students.

So yeah he'll be happy to fuck you up for sitting on the ground in an intimidating manner.

desu they did make him into a meme and he had people doxing him.

Stupid fags should have stopped blocking the walkway

>If they tell me to turn it down further, I will tell them the other students are being this loud, so why can't I?
have you never talked to a cop before?

"other people are doing it" isn't a valid defense. try telling that to a cop if you get pulled over for speeding. they'll probably just get more irate with you and decide not to let you off with a warning, if they were thinking of doing that in the first place.

you mentioned CSU Los Angeles, so you might want to familiarize yourself with california law if that's relevant to you. disobeying a peace officer is a criminal offense.

you really, really need to think this through. i'm not saying don't do it, because it'll be hilarious to read about some aspie getting arrested in socal with a nazi flag with "give buddhism a chance" scrawled in tiny letters under the swastika, but for your own sake don't walk right into jail.

He is just a basement dweller or some fucking geed.
You see, the idea is to get them to do one of three things: Let it happen, warn me that I'm violating noise regulations, or immediately go for the violation of my rights.

if it's two: I will comply but request they tell the opposition to comply as well

if it's three: Well, you remembered the fallout from that picture. It's not about what happens to the parties involved if that happens, it's about the impact. Martyrdom is a good way to rally people to your side.

I won't not turn it down, I know the relevant laws.

But I will request they apply the law to others as well, because it's their job.

>According to university officials, the officers felt like they were "surrounded" by the demonstrators.
It wasn't about obstruction. The police officer felt threatened by the drum circle. Also apparently the mace he was using has a recommended minimum distance of six feet, but he used it probably within three feet. This guy was just a fuckup waiting to get suspended.

I'm not making this point to say that he was right or wrong. I'm saying the drum circle of faggots was a lot more likable in the news than someone blasting a bullhorn at 80+dB would be, but even this guy spraying these kids didn't get any blowback. So don't expect anyone to shed a tear if you get rougher treatment, even if you think it's unfair. Certainly nobody at the university will care about your well-being if news agencies don't feel like picking it up.

>if it's two: I will comply but request they tell the opposition to comply as well
They'll say "I'm going to kindly ask you not to tell me how to do my job, son" in a terse tone that *should* clearly communicate to you that you're on thin ice.

>martyrdom
You're not understanding the post. You need to look at the text alongside the picture. Nothing bad happened to the officer, and the university only settled because there was pretty serious harm done to those kids. If the officer just walks up and tasers you, you'll be fine unless you die (if you want to die, then maybe the guy with the noose image had the right idea?).

You might want to see too. Your story won't be compelling to news agencies, and a university is happy to smack you around in court as long as they're not losing face over it in the news. "White kid protesting against safe spaces getting maced because he was individually blaring at a noise on par with a large crowd of people" doesn't sound like a news story any anchor would want to open with.

>individually

Reading comprehension. There are a significant amount of us in my group.

The only difference between our crowd and theirs is that our megaphone is louder than theirs.

this one has a great siren: amazon.co.uk/Portable-Megaphone-Bullhorn-Powerful-Siren/dp/B00FP19LAE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483768718&sr=8-1&keywords=Croove's 30 Watt Bullhorn megaphones
but this one is 60watts: amazon.co.uk/Vexus-MEG060-60W-megaphone-siren/dp/B013SO2O44

You're asking for the loudest megahorn you can get. It sounded like you wanted something to be as loud as the much larger group you were protesting against.

It's perfectly reasonable for a police officer to tell an individual making 90dB of noise to stop, even if the crowd is making 95 or 100dB of noise. It's impossible to get 100+ people to be quieter. It's obviously trivial to make one person be quieter, especially if he's making all that noise with a device.

You should chat with a lawyer about this. You seem to be under the impression that you have a really clever legal defense all thought out, but judges almost *always* side with the police officer in situations that called for the police officer to make a judgment call on the spot.

Let me clarify, it's a group of people.

The group of people will be loud with or without a megaphone.

The group will be slightly louder because the group will have the bigger megaphone.

The megaphone is just a part of the group shouting down the other group.

you have a politically active university with two equal-sized groups of people on opposing sides willing to protest something?

what exactly is this protest about? vanilla vs chocolate?

Our group is known for more passive activism, and it is slightly smaller in size but we plan to make up for it in volume.

Which is why we need bigger megaphones.

As for our rhetoric, it's just dissenting rational views that goes against the progressive grain on campus. Not alt-right memery.

>drown out the other people and clear out the SJWs and possibly get me ticketed for noise violations
where did the OP go?

The part about getting ticketed was hyperbole

and the part about drowning out the other people?

A cop will go after a small number of people making as much noise as (or more than) a much larger group. Cops are lazy. You're low-hanging fruit. If they want to eliminate a 100dB noise, they can either go arrest a hundred or more people *or* they can take your toy away from you.

Like I said, cops are lazy.

Not hyperbole, but it's an impossible task anyways.

This is just semantics at this point.

>This is just semantics
what part of your post did you actually mean?

I already told you what was hyperbola.

Our plan is to protest until we are broken up or they stop.

I've been studying specifically cisco networking for a couple years but now I really think I want to do CS or SE (software engineering). Thoughts? Would both these options be viable assuming I went to a pretty good uni? Right now I don't go to one but I may transfer, would also love to btfo libs in spare time there.

CS is the better degree in the eyes of the employer imo.

heh, looks like you used a hyperbole to get your point across. tough luck, kid

Just following Alinsky's rule number 4
>“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

If they use it I can use it

>I already told you what was hyperbola.
that's not what "what part of your post did you actually mean?" means. you've told me a few things that you didn't mean. i'm not going to ask you to give me an up or down indication on every sentence in your OP post. can you just tell me the parts you meant for real?

if your plan is just to protest until you're broken up or they stop, then
- if you need to be broken up, i honestly can't think of the most expedient way to get arrested. but you'll probably think of something.
- if you want them to stop and you need to be the reason they stop, trust me, you probably can't do it. a protest of just a few people in the face of a protest of many more people will get drowned out. any tools you want to use to level the playing field will be legally restricted (if you're within 10% of the other group's size then you don't need anything; if you're 50% or less of them, then the bullhorns you'll need to outshout them will get you arrested right away).
- if you just want to protest there until their protest loses steam, then... go for it?

honestly the only not totally retarded option seems to be getting your friends to stage a sit-in or make a human wall blocking people from going to wherever the protest is, assuming that's logistically possible. a non-violent sit-in is the only way you don't look like a rabble-rousing Sup Forumstard

Option 3 is the plan that we wanted to do, we wanted to follow Alinsky's rule 5
>“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
And just do what they do but ironically.

>My group wants to look into protesting the protests
Top kek so you'll be fighting useless dickwaving with useless dickwaving.
Why don't you just study with earphones you faggot. It is as much their rights to split bullshit rhetoric as it is your right to study in the uni. More so if it's a public university