Where are they now? : Windows Phone edition

Anyone still on this or any windows phone in general?
Is the fanbase dead? Its been 2 years.
Is there a stable app store at all???

Other urls found in this thread:

kantarworldpanel.com/global/smartphone-os-market-share/
allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/18268_What_proportion_of_Windows_Pho.php
youtu.be/aBaYVo89mmY
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7859&idPhone2=7055&&idPhone3=7086
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Been so fucking long do anyone even use this anymore or is it just trashed?

It's currently in a coma-like state.

>Anyone still on this or any windows phone in general?
sure
>Is the fanbase dead? Its been 2 years.
multiple active groups on telegram and the leddit group is still there
>Is there a stable app store at all???
anything that survived the purge (age ratings are now required, every app that did not received one was removed) are quality apps for the most part

I feel comfy on Windows Phone/Mobile, tried out iOS and Andriod tho, they aren't cutting it for me.

Looking at a 640 at the moment. It's just out of stock. Maybe it'll be back over the weekend or by Tuesday.

It would be nice to have one if only for its rarity.

I knew windows phone had no future ever since WP7. No functional human being would buy anything windows over android.

>no future ever since WP7
they had a good market share over in Europe, especially 8.1 with a little more than 20%

Do desktop viruses make their way into Windows Phone?

no way

Nobody here used one, only Pajeets shill it

>20%
Don't be delusional. Also every windows mobile 6 developer said "Fuck you" to MS for making an iphone clone with WP7, that's why there are no users and quality applications. And the developers and users of WP7 were also cucked by not getting WP8.

check it yourself kantarworldpanel.com/global/smartphone-os-market-share/

>users of WP7 were also cucked by not getting WP8
>what's a different architecture
>what was 7.8

>>what's a different architecture
Both were using ARM SoCs and since MS controlled windows phone, they could have just ported most devices by rewriting a few drivers
>>what was 7.8
A "Fuck you" to WP7 users. Just like Windows RT users did not get 10 even though MS was making ARM builds all the time.

>Both were using ARM SoCs and since MS controlled windows phone, they could have just ported most devices by rewriting a few drivers
different kernels mate, most api's couldn't be ported over
>what was 7.8
>A "Fuck you" to WP7 users. Just like Windows RT users did not get 10 even though MS was making ARM builds all the time.
7.8 made phone compatible with 8.0 and 8.1 apps.
still have one laying around with 7.8, and guess what I can still use it as a smartphone

So Microsoft has the least successful platform of the big 3, and decides to restrict developer deployment? Smart.

>restrict developer deployment
in which way?
it was meant to clear the store of fake and long dead (not updated apps)
also you can create a Windows 10 UWP app out of an iOS app easily, that'S not what I call restrictment

>7.8 made phone compatible with 8.0 and 8.1 apps.
allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/18268_What_proportion_of_Windows_Pho.php
>different kernels mate, most api's couldn't be ported over
The fuck are you talking about? The only "problem" were missing drivers.

They do not allow modifications
They did not allow you to run anything not from their shitty store

Surface Phone will ship soon, boiii.
youtu.be/aBaYVo89mmY

>allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/18268_What_proportion_of_Windows_Pho.php

>App incompatibility between the two versions of the Windows Phone generally happens for one of two reasons. Firstly, an app may use Windows Phone 8-specific APIs (e.g. lockscreen integration) or functionality (e.g. native code), and, secondly, a developer may opt to target/build their app only for Windows Phone 8, even if only the older APIs are used.

did you even read what you posted?

>They did not allow you to run anything not from their shitty store
they do it's easier than on Andriod to sideload apps
what do you call mods tho?

>hey do it's easier than on Andriod to sideload apps
WP7 did not allow this
>what do you call mods tho?
Anything that changes the UI. Have you never used Windows mobile 6 or earlier?

it's dead.

>WP7 did not allow this
but WM10 does, since it's the current gen, that's all that matters
>Anything that changes the UI. Have you never used Windows mobile 6 or earlier?
I do get your point, still have a WM6.8 device that I sometimes take out of the drawer
but you can do alot with the tiles on WM10, it's still tiles but it's already good imo I don't have the desire to play around a week to make a kwlp like launcher that no one besides me will ever see

>but WM10 does, since it's the current gen, that's all that matters
Cool, but MS lost all their old users now so it doesn't really matter.
>still have a WM6.8 device that I sometimes take out of the drawer
You mean 6.1 or 6.5?
>but you can do alot with the tiles on WM10, it's still tiles but it's already good imo
Good, you can set a wallpaper and make it full screen. So what? Android is still far superior.

6.5 yeah
>but you can do alot with the tiles on WM10, it's still tiles but it's already good imo
>Good, you can set a wallpaper and make it full screen. So what? Android is still far superior.

so what? YOu look at it for maybe 5 seconds than open an app anyways, it's not like you stare at your set up
also has a black wallpaper, the girl is pinned so in theory you can keep what whatever you want as a wallpaper and still pin a image you like to look at doubt Andriod can do that.
Not that's really helpful or anything

freetard here. i would never use microsoft phones since i don't want to give microsoft power on smartphones. every company just wants a bigger marketshare, but windows does it really violently. if they become popular it'd be just like on computers today; can you imagine?
>every smartphone that is on sale comes preinstalled with windows
>the os has ads built on it
>they removed theming options with the latest os version
>no option to "flash" anything thanks to secureboot even there was alternative os for microsoft phones
they're evil as applel, they just love restricting
why would i buy a windows phone while android phones can do the exact same thing but can respect my freedom with cm/lineage?

>the os has ads built on it
this shit again; they are RECOMMODATIONS based on your ad-ID which can reset every time, also you can disable these "ads" it's a feature which you can enable and disable
>they removed theming options with the latest os version
it comes back with the next update, also it was never fully removed

Still rocking my 830 myself. It's great.

If Microsoft sort their shit out things would be better, along with the app store.

It was only before Christmas I found out you can link phones to a O365 account, stacked on this is you can link a Windows Store for Business account to your 365 tenent, meaning you can easily buy up app licenses and deploy them to your users.

Why not? I'm sure someone wrote a UWP virus.

Still using a fucking 520. Still works.
Gonna need a new phone soon-ish because the speaker is starting to go. But it's not like I ever get phone calls anyways.

>Microsoft raped Nokia and left them bleeding in the alley for a chinkphone company to pick up and take home

wich affected what?
There can't be done much damage

That's pretty much what evil companies do all the time. Now they're betting the company on the "cloud". I wish for them to fail there as well.

n o s n a p c h a t
o

s

n

a

p

c

h

a

t

Overall they're actually really nice phones and Windows Mobile OS is super clean. The problem is the lack of app support. Unfortunately for Windows they are better to stick with the Surface line up and expand on that.

I hope Microsoft never takes off with smartphones, it's already pretty bad as it is with Windows 10.

The vast majority of people don't even know Microsoft makes smartphones. The only true normies who own one are the 3 people who got conned into buying one at a Boost Mobile store until they returned it in favor of an iPhone.

I thought Windows Phone has been officially put on EoL? It's still alive?

Windows Phone as a platform is indeed EOL but not Windows on Phones which now use Windows Mobile 10, you can call it another chapter or rename if you want, but WP8/8.1 are dead for real

I brought a cheap Lumia 1020 unlocked on a trip recently. Mainly for the camera and unlockedness.

if windows phone had gapps i'd switch to it in a fucking second not even kidding

I'm using the Nokia Lumia 640 LTE.

>gapps

yuck. bing apps and office are much better

why people are soo demanding of them? like seriously what do they offer ?

Paneet, i....

Jumped the ship to android if only because muh apps and muh customization.

WP is the perfect, next natural step from dumbphones. They're the go-to for superbudget phones, with above-average hardware for the price, microsoft ecosystem integration (onedrive does better cloud backups than gdrive, IMO) and a gorgeous UI. It's just a shame there's no real market for them.

You mean Goldstein.

>ironic jew flag
take a pic of your cut dick instead

go back to your containment cuckshed

No this is a blue board.

Bumb

Still loving my 950. cant wait for a surfacephone or something equivalent though.

Would you happen to have the wallpaper used?

man I have a Lumia 535 and that shit is so smooth sometimes I forget that it's running on Snapdragon 200 with only 1 GB of RAM?
Can you imagine Android running on such specs? I shudder just thinking about
~Sigh but the lack of apps and the lack of mid-high rang SoC devices (snapdragon 615-617, mediatek or Samsung exnos) pretty much killed it

>comfy
i see the consumer market wasn't purged unfortunately.

Literally all MS need to do is get snapchat and other normie apps and they will gain a lot in the marketplace

unfortunately that seems like it's too hard for them

> Is the fanbase dead? Its been 2 years.
When did it ever have a fan base to begin with?

No they won't. Android and Apple already have it, and people aren't just going to sidegrade to another platform just because it managed to catch up on something. Especially not a Microsoft one.

>for making an iphone clone
That is android. Windows phone is comfy as fuck

Nice wallpapers.

Thanks

>Literally all MS need to do is get snapchat
That's not a Microsoft issue. The Snapchat CEO is prohibiting Snapchat from running on anything Windows.

I think there are lawsuits pending...

Is the 640 the best phone ever?

I miss the UI but android is fine

i took these pictures myself of my fiance and I in chicago. I could share the homescreen one if you want but id rather keep the one of her to myself

actually funland owns nokia now believe it or not, they just made a buttonless smart phone thats all glass

It's perfectly fine you don't have to share the picture of her. I really appreciate that you shared the homescreen wallpaper. Thank you sir!

Good picture

I have a Lumia 650, Win 10. It will be my last Windows Phone. Switching to Android. I already own the Android phone, I just have to tell the carrier to make it my main phone.

>I have a Lumia 650
Your fault mate the 640 is more powerful and like have the price

>
>for making an iphone clone
>That is android.
He meant WP7, which was indeed very similar to iOS, requiring and desktop program to manage images, music and videos

When is the surface phone launch to be expected? Is it this year?

second quarter, yes

I never understood the numbering.

I mean the 920 is 1.5 Ghz dual core and 3G.

I'm sure there are other examples.

Don't bet on it, they were on clearance in 2015, MS just restocked a bunch of phones too, only the XL is sold anymore. You can get a 640 for $70 on amazon, but that's a bit high honestly

the numbering hasn't really to do with the chipsets,
it was for dividing them into segments

low end
4xx,5xx,6xx

mid range

high end
9xx,1020,1320,1520
>1020,1320,1520 are the only one of it's kind tho

YXX

X- stand for generation
Y00 WP7
Y10, Y15 WP7.8 or WP7.0 with updated hardware
Y20 WP8
Y25, Y28, Y30, Y35 WP8.1 again some with just updated hardware. e.g 730 and 735 almost the same device but the 735 had things like NFC and Qi charging
Y50 is a big jump because WM10

Y40 originally came with 8.1 but ship with 10 now iirc

i forgot about that one, yeah

bump

>the lumia 640 is powerful that the 650
Wait, really?

yeah it is, only the 650 design is superior

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7859&idPhone2=7055&&idPhone3=7086

i'm still using my 640

Still using a 930 with W10. Don't really care about the lack of apps to be honest.

bump

Rockin this all day every day

Same. Still using a 930 but I think I'm going to change. Sadly the lack of apps is quite bothering for me, shame though. I really liked the OS.

like seriously what are you missing besides snapchat?

Basically any apps I've heard of that are always "available on iOS and Android"

and these are???
Also some do have apps on Windows but never advertise them for whatever rwason

Thanks