He doesn't have an Acer Predator 21X laptop

>he doesn't have an Acer Predator 21X laptop

what's your excuse, Sup Forums?

its a meme

Get out

can't be arsed

It's a failed abortion.

I don't game and need battery life.

It's a nice laptop though. Although i find the design too edgy.

>mechanical keyboard with lots of travel
>one of the few uses where curved is justified
>top tier hardware with amazing cooling
>easily replaceable parts

The only flaws are design (although some might like it) and maybe batterylife (though its quite good considering the hardware).

OPs question is legitimate. There is literally almost no reason for people to hate it(apart from the obvious gaymur meme).

that looks like some stargate shit right there

Because I have an m18x?

>batterylife
Who cares about battery life on this kind of laptop?

I prefer it not having a battery and being lighter. This is basically a mobile desktop PC.

>mechanical keyboard with lots of travel
I prefer scissor switches to cherries.
>one of the few uses where curved is justified
Fuck no
>top tier hardware with amazing cooling
That's a con. Laptops are portable machines, this one is fucking huge, extra thick because of the shitty curved screen and keyboard, hideous, and I don't even want to think about the battery life.
>easily replaceable parts

Not to mention the keyboard placement is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

>acer

How is the curved screen justified?

not enough good boy points saved up.

Come thats a very biased comparison and you know it.

Lots of people on g like mechanical keyboards. Also a laptop is one of the few devices you always look straight to when using it so curved is actually justified here (on tvs its pretty retarded).

>laptops are portable machines
Ever heard of niche markets? This thing is a desktop replacement and not made for light office use.

I think I'd rather put a few straps around my desktop and wear it as a backback.

Because you look straight at a laptop and not from the side.

And how does that justify distorting the image?

Oh I love my mechanical keyboard, they're just the wrong kind of switch.
>Also a laptop is one of the few devices you always look straight to when using it so curved is actually justified here
That's fucking retarded. If anything desktop monitors should be the ones where it's justified because the wider the screen gets the more of an angle you have to view it at.

>Ever heard of niche markets? This thing is a desktop replacement and not made for light office use.
No shit, but I was asked to say why I don't have it and I'm saying why.

Actually looking at a normal screen distorts the image because of the way your eyes work user.. You are just used to straight screens but that does not make them natural.

My laptop was about 1/40th the price and does what I need it to do.

How does that work? Everything on your computer was designed with a flat screen in mind. If the pixels aren't 1:1 to the original (i.e. the curve stretches the pixels), then the image is distorted.

If the curve is uniform there would be no stretched pixels

Curved screen exhibits a more natural shape that exactly aligns with our round eye’s peripheral vision and gives more immersive experience.

Protip: I'm using a Thinkpad X230 and I will never buy an AlienWare Predator simply because I have no use for it (I'm not a gamer and don't need the raw processing power). Yet I do see why someone could like this laptop and a lot of people on Sup Forums are whining about how underpowered, non repairarable and flimpsy modern laptops are so I don't understand why half of Sup Forums isn't drooling over themselves with these laptops.

>No shit but I was stated to say why I don't have one.
I'm not OP so it was kinda out of context for me.

Anything I need to do outside of my home can be done on a chromebook for 300 bucks. And a chrome book is lighter and has longer battery life.

Anything I need to do in my home could be done for 1/4th the price by a decent desktop setup

Who the fuck goes to starbucks, plugs in their 21lb brick of a laptop, and plays Fallout 4 in 21:9 with a giant fan blowing at full blast pissing everyone trying to write a screenplay off?

don't want trendy girls to know immediately i'm a sperg

I was asked my opinion then you told me why my opinion was "wrong," it was definitely within context for you. I'm not saying there's no place for powerful laptops, but giant gaymen laptops with gimmicky curved displays that actually detract from functionality? Now that's a different story.

How is the x230?
Is it usable with the default display? Not the IPS one.

I had the TN and replaced it with an IPS. It does have some slight image retention but the TN jut gave me a headache (literally, the whites are very hars on the eyes).

I did use it for a year with a TN so it's doable.

meant for