>runs better in the games i will be playing
> supposedly less futureproof

which one should i get Sup Forums?

It sounds like you already know.

>futureproof
>not even flagship cards
Ok

GTA V runs fine on my r9 390

GTAV will probably be fine, Arma 3 is mostly CPU. I upgraded from an R9 380 to a GTX 1070 and saw little difference because of my shitty FX 8320.

Go with the RX.

Jesus the shilling is real. Every time somebody mentions Nvidia/AMD a random retard from opposite camp shows up and screams "it just werks for me user! go for it!".

Depends how often you change your GPU. So far only Kepler has been gimped but there is a strong argument that Maxwell might await the same fate and it probably will suffer greatly in dx12 where it sees literally no gains. Prices are obviously a little bit over the top when compared to previous gens but it's still a deal nonetheless mainly because for the very first time having 60 series card is enough to max all games in 1080/60 fps where before cards like 960 or 760 were piles of junk that couldn't even max games existing before the release of GPU itself.

AMD on the other hand finally somewhat pulled their shit together but there is plenty of shilling freetards on Sup Forums that are constantly being dishonest.

Good 480RX costs as much as good 1060. Don't go for a fucking reference blower or 4 GB version even though shills in here will constantly use them as a price point argument. First one thermal throttles into oblivion to the point where people where undervolting it and the 2nd one is waay slower than 8GB one. 480RX doesn't oc very well because it had to be pushed to its limits in order to compete in dx11 benchmarks in the first place. Unlike idiot friendly OCing of Nvidia you need to touch that voltage and probably also slap a watercooling block on it to see 5-10% gains.

Yes DX12 is heavily in AMD's favor so if you look for futureproofing buy 480 RX or wait for Volta. I went for 1070 months ago mainly because I change my card every 2-3 years anyway while selling the last one for half the price on ebay so the pill is easier to swallow. Really depends on your budget, if you upgrade every 5 years AMD might be the way to go.

>why do people just say "Go for it!"?

>Bootyblasts himself into ranting 5 paragraphs of retarded shit after

It's almost like you pay too much attention to minute details and fanboy info and in reality 15$ difference on a gaymen GPU is pretty much just a flip of a coin and mental gymnastics

Oh nooo in this game I might have to turn down shadows while this one might not have ultra quality ambient occlusion at 60 fps I'm not esports competitive anymore

Op it doesn't fucking matter

you can't future proof most gpus. unlike cpus, gpus actually constantly improve a great deal and developers are getting lazier as the years pass by with optimizing the games. freaking amd and nvidia have to do driver updates to fix the mistakes of the developers

I just say that GTA V works nicely ony my r9 390. Arma 3 is shit.

Why you trying to look like an autist faggot?

Can confirm GTA V works fine maxed out on 8GB rx480.

So pointing out flaws of your favorite faceless company on Sup Forums is considered ranting about retarded shit? Oh wait, it's okay when AMD does it. AMD was always utter garbage in many aspects so it had to go for the poorfags' "performance per dollar" chart while sacrificing everything else. If 480RX costs as much as 1060 while having the same performance in 99% of games then what's the point of buying it?

>"Which one shoold I take ?"
>"Take this one"
>"OMG COULD YOU STOP SHILLING FOR A SECOND HOLY SHIT THOSE FUCKING SHILL"

So you literally described yourself? At least I provided arguments.

>dx12
Doesn't that require windows 10?

And I assume you're talking about 3Gb model of 1060, which has less shaders than 6Gb one.

.t your average lying AMD whore.

gta runs fine on my mpb 2015

2nd this. If you plan on buying a FreeSync monitor and/or plan to keep the card for a very long time then get the RX 480 otherwise get the 1060.

>like shit
>completely and perfectly fine for all intents and purposes
You're fucking kidding me.

I'm sort of in the same boat, I'm not sure which 480 to get

>sapphire rx 480 nitro 8gb
>asus rx 480 strix

The strik is £30 but is there any noticeable difference in performance/cooling?

Msi rx480
Msi 1060

I want it to survive the next 3 years at least.

Nigga fuck off, his post was probably the best in the thread so far.

>Oh nooo in this game I might have to turn down shadows while this one might not have ultra quality ambient occlusion at 60 fps I'm not esports competitive anymore
That's not at all what he said, you illiterate phoneposter.

R9 390 owner here , gtav is a cakewalk

whos that ugly liberal motherfucker?

Jimmy Nu-tron

>Playing games
Are you 15?

I wouldnt go all high and mighty pal. you are a sad cunt too, readinf and posting on a nip kiddy weebsite

They promised DX12 support for ARMA3
But anyway ARMA 3 is a piece of shit

Well depends on the resolution you are going to be playing at. My rig is an 8350 + r9 280x (read 7970) and gtaV runs on max settings between 50-70fps on fullHD sooo yeah. I know that a rx 480 is a bit more powerfull than my 280x so I think it wont be a problem.

The latest thing redditors are obsessed with.