>2017
>Still using 8gb ram and not 16gb
>youtube.com/watch?v=jRa_bja6vpw

what about real gamers, not disneyland macfag art majors, who put everything on "low"?

32gb reporting in.

anything less is stupid

>tfw I have 6gb ram
>tfw I have never had programs freeze on me
>tfw I use Windows 10, the superior lightweight OS
feels good man

>2018
>unironically wasting your time on games

>arkham knight

Why are you using one of the most poorly received consoles ports of modern times as an example?

hey thats some good quads

Checked

just check the video, extra ram amount removes microstutters from pretty much every game and gives some extra fps as well.

thanks for your input, pajeet

I still have just 4gb in my laptop and it's enough for playing dota, csgo and hearthstone.

16gb is a meme on a home pc, 8gb is more than enough for any actual game.

>using a badly optimized game as an example

>people play this shit

1 is a shit optimized game the other 2 reach 200 fps even on my laptop's core i3. Read upon some benchmarks, pleb.

>shitty console ports that saturate system memory and basically ignore dedicated VRAM

It's like GTA IV all over again. When will this shit end?

>he doesn't have 12gb

All that image shows me is that bamham is terribly optimised.

12 really is the optimal amount. Fuck all these memers who think everything has to be in power of 2.

This, both my main machines have 32 GiB. Wouldn't mind more but mobos on each max at 32

>8gb is more than enough for any actual game.
New Deus Ex used 8.5 GiB
New DooM used 8.2 GiB
Watch Dogs 2 used 6.6 GiB

That's just 3 examples, there's no way you're actually enjoying games with only 8.

Goodthing it's still 2018-1

>2017+1
>ironically wasting quads and implying life is not a big game and waste in general

>2017
>Still playing video games

To be fair it matters if you use osftware that benefits from memory bandwidth - my setup is dual channel for 8gb and single for the last 4gb stick. That said it makes absolutely no difference in 99% of usage cases (and certainly nothing you'd do on a consumer chip) - ram speed/timings are more important.

Main reason I went with 12gb is because 1) cheap and 2) lets me keep a few things open (like a monster browser session, music player, email etc etc) AND play the latest and greatest vidya without running out of system ram. (as demonstrates).

>2011+7
>gay men

>muh videogaymes!!!!!!!

inb4 hoard of T420/X220 losers capped at 8GB

Wait, by your sentence structure you seem to be implying "real gamers" put everything on low. If this is the case, then I agree and even applaud developers like blizzard that add a second group of appearance settings for raiding and PvP so you can have things look "pretty" when you're alone, but functional when you're not.

If you were implying that the macfag archetype is likely to put everything on low (which, I admit, makes no sense because we all know they want pretty and shiny over functional and efficient), then fuck yourself.

Jokes on you, the dual core models support 16GB and the quadcore ones like the W520 32GB

>playing on a laptop

This. 16gb was a good thing like 5 years ago. Thesedays 32gb is a pretty common thing.

>not utilizing the highest available graphics settings to increase visibility

When Quake Live added color correction and bloom you could make everything but your enemies dark grey and poorfags couldn't do it because their integrated graphics couldn't handle it

average poorfag's visibility config

> 2017
> Not using 128GB RAM + 128GB page file SSD

mirin' the idea of 128 gigz

>FX-4300

Comfy at 4gb here. Even that is something of a waste. Only ever see it break 3gb if I'm running a VM.

At this point why even have graphics

how...
>no VMs running, 13 GiB used

just watched a full minute of the video they both look fine to me. Am I not autistic enough to notice the difference?

It only uses more if you have more RAM. There is literally no benefit from it. 8Gb is enough for every single game.

>2016
>still using 32gb ram and not 64gb

damn, I already got BTFO'd

I know what you guys will say but damn I still feel stupid for getting 128GB of ram...

You have 11.5 Gb cached, retard.

?

>2017
>not having 256gb dedotetated wam for you minecraft server
>it was half price mang, what can I say?

I don't play video games, but it's more than enough for me to complete daily tasks.

All I really need is to be able to keep Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and Spotify open indefinitely. Everything after that is a bonus. It's just convenience, really, and efficiency.

Seems to me that video games these days are just poorly optimized. 8 GB should be more than enough for most people, even with video games. You won't go far with it, but it's fine. 4 GB is just not possible to survive on anymore.

>10 GiB
>4 slots
>3 + 3 +2 + 2?

2 + 2 + 2 + 4

GiB shitters BTFO

i meant real gamers put everything on low for maximum performance and no bs eye candy so they can concentrate on killing people

t. CS player

Mah 12GB niggas.

>real gamers
You misspelled failed manchildren there

How much Hentai do you store in these drives?

>real gamers
>PC

wew, only children shit up their computers with games

huh?

Videogames is a life.
If not for them, Sup Forums would be existe not and you would be a 'normie'.
We are all been brought here by the videogames.
And /v is still the best, the kmost soulful board

>2014plus3
>not playing minecraft with 128x texture packs and shaders

Impressive. Here in Russia only Putin's friend's boys can have such expensive ans powerful PC

>16GB 4226mhz CL19 kits available
>will be cheap in half a year
>32GB kits with the same ratings in a couple months
>no need to have a page file ever
>2TB SSDs dropping in price, 4TB consumer drives already available
>GPUs fitting M.2 SSD drives load things faster than ever
>top end NVMe drive peaking well over 2000mb/s in bursts

2017 is the year of fast

>GPUs fitting M.2 SSD drives load things faster than ever

While useless to plebs I bet AMD sure as fuck knows who wants their gpus that support this and I bet there is lots of money to be made.

>a page file
?

>4226mhz CL19
So it's like 2400 MHz CL11, got it

swap partition

In relative latency, yes. But latency alone is not the story, it latency on how much the memory can read/write. 4266mhz RAM can move a shitload more data than 2400mhz RAM.

Anything with the first few word values under 9ns is fucking crazy fast anyway.

>all this hardware being wasted on storing and processing anime
Just kill me

lmao everybody here with iq higher than chimpanzee uses win10

master race

Aren't cache miss latencies the primary performance bottleneck for CPU-bound applications?

This. If you're autistic enough to play 'seriously', there's a distinct advantage in a lot of FPS games by putting everything on low.

Branch misses and pipeline stalls, but that has nothing to do with DRAM.

wasnt this game horribly optimized to begin with?

>12

I don't get rams. I have 2 8 gig rams, but i can only use 8 gig of it.Is it because they are single channel?How do i fix this shit?Do i have to buy new pair?

You might have installed a DIMM in the wrong slot.
Read the manual that came with your mobo to see which slot corresponds to which channel.

I checked again and no, they are in the correct spot.

Is it possible that my rams don't support dual channeling?

Impossible. The memory is dumb, its the memory controller on your CPU that dictates how they're addressed.
It could be a bug in speccy.

Actually my RAM usage right now is around 24GB.

Nah, my usable ram is 8gig even tough there is 16gig installed