Why is AMD so shit? Seems like everything they do is a failure these days...

Why is AMD so shit? Seems like everything they do is a failure these days. They're like the red headed step child of tech.

good goy

epic

They haven't done anything lately, but ryzen looks pretty promisable.

Their marketing is absolutely horrendous though. Gotta give you that.

The fact that they pay so many autists to shill for them on Sup Forums is proof enough that their marketing is garbage

I think people are just excited AMD might actually make somewhat of a comeback and start competing again with Intel.

Which is obviously a good thing. Even for the Intel fanbois.

My god, AMD, can't you do anything right? Stop teasing already!
There's only 2 things we want to know right now, concrete release date for desktops and laptops, and the fucking price!

>tfw you're a red head stepson

That's what they say every time before an AMD launch, and then it always disappoints.

when exactly is ryzen coming out? i need to replace my brothers g3258/270x rig as it just died.

Well, not always. But the much anticipated Bulldozer bomber fucking hardcore. Lets hope AMD can actually deliver up too the hype this time.

Probably somewhere mid Feb. At least that's the release date for most AM4 motherboards. Would be pretty dumb for them not the release ryzen around the same time frame... Same thing vice versa of course. Don't expect them to get released before the motherboards you'd need for them to run on are released.

So February release is the talk around town right now.

Ye, x86-64 is sure the biggest failure they ever made. (you).

>these days
learn2read

>all that R&D
>5% IPC improvement over 4 years

On GPUs it was the best value for price when I got an R9 290. But, GPUs are generally mediocre and we are fooled they aren't because they have low competition. Both NVIDIA and AMD are beggars of foundries and they don't have their own foundry and the only way to make their chips much faster is to cram more cores onto them and make them expensive (what NVIDIA is usually doing and pretends they did anything special).

maybe they spent most of it on the optane meme or chasing process shrinks in their foundries

>t. paid Intel shill
Old AM3/FM2 is shit, but Polaris, Vega and Zen are and will be good. AMD is steadily improving it's products while Intel is shitting on it's customers.

Some are, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did pay viral marketers. Just look at their populist imagery in marketing material. It's just asking to be viraled

I actually like AMD tech, but it's hard to be excited when they tend to hype products out of proportion

Intel's largest chunk of R&D goes towards their foundry business. They have a dozen different things they're pissing money into as well.

You can't necessarily gauge performance of a company by how much they spend in a vacuum.

poojeets took over