Let's give Dell hell

If Dell screwed you, here's how you can help:

1. Sign the petition: change.org/p/dell-send-us-the-solid-state-drives-that-we-paid-for

2. Email Dell and Michael Dell telling them how they have inconvenienced you: dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/4/email/order-support and [email protected] respectively.

3. Email your local news station. Most news stations have a place where you can submit tips. All you have to do is type in your name and email and then send them this:

"Hello, I recently purchased a Solid State Drive (a computer storage device like a hard drive) from Dell at a discount, and they just cancelled thousands of orders due to their pricing mistake. Hundreds of people are upset. They even went as far as to intercept a lot of the orders that had shipped. Some reached their destinations but a lot of Dell customers feel upset and feel they were treated unfairly. I thought this could be an interesting news story. If you want some more info you can google “Dell WD SSD Pricing Error”. There is even a petition on www.change.org that already has over 500 signatures.

Thank you!"

Let's give Dell hell!

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/learn/us/en/vn/terms-of-sale-consumer?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=vn
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZ64XE0009
i.imgur.com/g8qz8.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello, there, Satan.

dell.com/learn/us/en/vn/terms-of-sale-consumer?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=vn

> Orders, Pricing and Payments. Dell strives to communicate accurate pricing and product information but will not be held responsible for any pricing, typographical, or other errors in such communications. Your order is subject to cancellation by Dell, in Dell's sole discretion. Unless otherwise agreed to by Dell, payment must be received by Dell prior to our acceptance of an order. Dell may process payment for and ship parts of an order separately.

You agreed to these terms when you placed the order. Keep crying faggots, you're not getting shit.

Hi there!

Poorfag desperately clutching at invisible straws.

Face reality ok, the petition will not get you anywhere and they are within their rights to not send them out.
Dell havent screwed you at all.

Fuck off, Bob

>Sup Forums is now full of classcucks defending megacorporations

Sup Forums is dead. The petition sounds too whiny though, should've picked a non-retarded writer.

Not really as apart from this place nobody knows about this.
Also any advertising is good advertising so in fact you are a shill for dell.
Congratulations

>So? Just because they say they have the right to does that mean that they SHOULD?
>deleted
What did he mean by this?

>brings me a bit of happiness that I'm giving a PR team out there somewhere a headache.
lol, what's actually happening is one guy found your petition, showed to everyone else in the office, and now they're all laughing at your entitled "petition' Hell I wouldnt be shocked if they printed it out and posted it around the office for a laugh.

Just imagine, if you faggots devoted as much time to working as you are to trying to get free shit out of a multimillion dollar company, you would have the money to stop being poorfags and buy whichever SSD you want.

Really stimulates the synapses..

Its a shitty WD ssd. Hardly worth crying about.

i sent them a screenshot of this thread.

enjoy your "pr campaign" lmao

Based mods.

Jesus Christ you're pathetic. Have you never tried to buy something with an obvious pricing mistake before? Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't.

Nobody cares.

Perhaps, but at the very very least I'm giving a PR team out there somewhere a headache. That's obviously not my end goal though.

You got told so hard you made a new thread?

Old thread by ultra special snowflake OP:

your guide is fucking shit.

lmao
>waaa i didnt get my cheap ssd!!!!1!1 imma rio!11!
your like the lefties. no-one listens to petitions, you know that?

Oh no. Is that supposed to upset me?

He's been spamming these threads since yesterday, and he's been samefagging in them to try and act like more people care than actually do.

Its pretty sad actually.

hes sad but not ssd as they didnt send his

No, I created a new thread to give people more info :^)

Sure.

Deleted wrong comment by mistake because I wanted to phrase it differently.

>MUH FREEEEE SHEEEET MUHFUGGENq

557 people disagree :^)

> 100s of people

hahahahaha

there's at least two people because i'm another one of them but i'm kindof just doing it to piss you guys off lol gayymurgate started as this type of fucking bullshit and it made the news.
props to you for trying to instigate the Streisand effect though, if you're playing 4d chess that's a pretty good move

and how many are you? :^)

>over 6000 orders placed
>less than 1000 think dell is cheating them

wew lad, dell will compare those numbers and shrug. No loss for them.

1 :^)

600 potential future customers lost.

yeah 1 from your phone, one from your mom's phone, one from your desktop, etc.

If they're so poor they're throwing a hissy fit over $20, then no, they werent potential future customers.

did you really expect them to ship out 56k drives and take an $80 loss (likely $40-$60 if we exclude markups)

if you did, then I think you might be retarded

Fuck off nigger

But they CAN afford to take the loss user, it's a drop in the bucket compared to their quarterly profits. SURELY that means i'm justified some free shit?

Wow I don't even know why I started this petition! It looks like I have all the money for computers I could ever need!

No.
These people are not customers, they are opportunists.

If Dell has another price error in the future you can bet your ass they will order from them again.

Oh fuck off faggot, the only reason you made the order in the first place is because you thought you could pull a rip on them, go fuck yourself you transparent little brat.

You are owed precisely zero in this life. The sooner you learn this, the sooner you'll stop embarrassing yourself with shit like this.

The drives probably cost like $20 to make. Most of it is R&D and shit.

>Most of it is R&D
Are they supposed to make that back magically?

The physical cost of the drive is irrelevant, R&D is an expense that MUST be funded.

ok lets do some basic math. I'm going to low ball it and say they would loose $40 per drive.

40x56000 = $2,240,000

thats a 2.25 million dollar loss, that isn't a drop in a bucket.

Stop being an autistic faggot.

poor faggots and kikes are not brand loyalist.
they'll jump on whatever seems like the best deal for the money

Sad and dumb.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZ64XE0009

Here's an SSD for $27. If OP flipped burgers for a few hours, he can afford it. Instead he spends a whole day spamming this crap.

No, they are tech enthusiasts. Tech enthusiasts buy tech and Dell sells tech. They sell thousand dollar laptops, computers, computer parts, etc.

They have made a negative impact on thousands who don't want to shop at Dell anymore.

Lol, this isn't the first time this has happened kid, the fact you're getting so butt hurt just shows it's the first time you've been old enough to be affected by it, literally everytime this happens where some teenager gets all buttmad because he thinks he's owed something when he isn't

A dell rep said they sold around 9000.

>A dell rep said they sold around 9000.

I was informed they had 56000 orders for the drives, of which a fraction where shipped out.

I'm not butt hurt. I'm disappointed, and so are 550 people.

I don't care if people call me a faggot or call me entitled or whatever the fuck. I don't give a shit. I'm fighting for something I believe in, because I have nothing better to do right now.

So say what you want, this is fun for me :^)

> 49 posts
> 16 posters

Can you faggots just exercise some fucking self control for once, stop interacting with this samefag fuck already and let these threads die?

>I'm not butt hurt. I'm disappointed
>I'm fighting for something I believe in
>So say what you want, this is fun for me.
Fun for all of us, I assure you.

Well then let's continue the circlejerk.

You call me an entitled faggot, and I just respond over and over again. It's a win win, right?

I don't understand, what happened to you Sup Forums, that you don't want to jew the jews?
What reason do you have to defend a faceless corporation?

make that 18 posters now, you american pig disgusting

We love jewing jews, but getting something for nothing is being a nigger.

It's not that they don't like Dell, It's that they don't like me. They think I am an entitled faggot.

That is right! Why are we not ALL whining like spoiled children? We are ENTITLED to cheap SSDs, because that is our RIGHT as consumers!

see
There is nothing to defend. Right or wrong, the policy is clear and legally sound, and OP will not win shit.

I like how everyone has completely ignored that little nugget of fact as well. By making the purchase you literally agreed to allow dell to pull the rug out from under you at any time, as can any company. Welcome to the real world children, where, surprise surprise, big corp doesn't give a fuck.

I'm content with my order

I think the issue here is that, while people generally accept its ok to take advantage of price errors, most people don't cry and whine like OP when the retailer catches on and stops the orders.

Oh well, you tried and didn't get lucky.
Time to move on, but nooo, OP has to be a huge faggot with this petition and retarded stock market theory.

I am not by any means saying that we deserve it, nor that it is a right

what I am saying, is what happened to the attitude of the anons here? is it all corporate jerk-offs here? You honestly going to say you wouldn't have bought some with overnight shipping if you had been aware of this when it was happening?

Again, what reason is there to defend corporate actions. Yes, the policy states that they can fuck you over at any given time, but if we bitch hard enough we can get some freebies and make dell look bad

Why defend a faceless corp?

It's just pathetic, because it's never going to accomplish anything. Has a Change.org petition ever worked?

My mommy told me that if I'm having fun shes happy. I had to exchange my good boy points to get my SSD and now I can't get my chicken tendies :^(

stop with this cringy shit

Actually, it's being a spoiled white suburban teen.
Blacks get shot by the police over nothing, which I wouldn't exactly call "self-entitlement."

I still haven't even received a cancellation nor a confirmation for my order. Is this happening to anyone else too?

no

Im glad winter break is over again soon.

Here is what you think is happening:

>Alright, active the Dell shills. Send them to The 4channel, and defend Dell's honour.

Here is what is actually happening:

>I WANT AN SSD FOR CHEAP! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!
>Hahaha, everyone check out this ultra loser having a tantrum!

>Again, what reason is there to defend corporate actions
see
> There is nothing to defend. Right or wrong, the policy is clear and legally sound

Feel free to lawyer up and challenge their T's and C's in court though. I'm sure the people who are whinging over a $20 SSD are simply drenched with cash for a suit like that. Oh, you might wanna contact you local congressman about changing the consumer act so that it does not permit companies to make these types of terms as well. You people are blaming the police officer for enforcing an unjust law. Go take it up with the authorities, not the ones working under the authorities rule.

>Alright, active the Dell shills. Send them to The 4channel, and defend Dell's honour.

Is that not what is happening?
Again, what reason does anyone have to defend the actions of yet another giant faceless corporation?
If there is no benefit to be gained by speaking for them, then there must be an ulterior motive.

Are you going to pretend that this place hasn't had marketers here in the past?

i.imgur.com/g8qz8.jpg

>defend the actions of yet another giant faceless corporation?

Stop asking the same fucking question over and over and address the answers you have been given.

Of course, of course. It cannot be that you are behaving like a spoiled brat, and we are laughing at you. No... the explanation is that Dell is sending its secret spy agents for marketing purposes!

Nope, they are just doing their daily work what they are paid for.

>Is that not what is happening?
No. This site is 18+. You are in here crying over how you were all excited and had to explain to mommy how this was a good deal to get her credit card only to have your tendie order cancelled. So you are not 18+. And we would rather like it if you would kindly fuck off so we don't have to put up with your immature bullshit on our fucking board.

EA has a reason to shill Sup Forums as Sup Forums ends up shaping a lot of the internet image given to a gaming product, especially the memes created around the game.

Sup Forums is literally just tech enthusiasts.

I paid my $20 and didn't get my SSD, I couldn't give a fuck about your shitty petition and you can be damn sure I will continue buying from dell for my job, and probably even personal use at some point.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZ64XE0009
>60GB shitty chink SSD vs >250GB pro SSD

What a fall from grace, Falcon. Welcome to the filter list. I'll remove you when you learn how to behave, and not post bait.

If you're filtering him then you'll never see his posts again, so you will never unfilter.

More likely you're saying you're gonna filter him and in actuality you're not doing anything.

OP did not complain about capacity or speed. Only about price.

>samefagging
I have been kekking away in these threads for hours. Don't forget that poorfags here are a minority, most of us actually have jobs and laugh at neet retards.

Works on my PC.

I've filtered him on principle thanks to this thread. I can't believe that someone who is normally a quality poster would waste his fucking time bumping this shit back into our collective faces.

Learn some fucking self control faggot. I would have thought you would have already done so by this stage of your life..

>I would have thought you would have already done so by this stage of your life.
I am only human.

Tech enthusiasts WILL buy no matter what the company does because they are in it for the tech and not the brand.

Holy shit 14 years old all over the place.

Wow..

I have signed about 150~ fake ones today, aren't we trying to get it through no matter what? =/

I mean, they won't know I faked some?

>that ironic quote from Polaroid at the end

Everyone here is wrong

>capitalist pigs slip up, leave door unlocked
>proletariat smell fancy food, rush in
>run out with fine food by the handful
>fun police come and take it all away, even if its already been digested they want the excrement (dell went through the trouble of intercepting packages)
>drunken fools come out of alleyway
>begin to defend bourgeois

also this, you are usually a cool guy, what happened to you that you adopted the wrong viewpoint in this situation?

It's because people think they are snowflakes, the same kind of snowflakes they are bitching about every day and now fail to see that it's literary them.

the thing is, you're not gonna jew the jews this way
you honestly think they dont have enough shit to protect them against price mistakes?

>what happened to you that you adopted the wrong viewpoint in this situation?
I did not stop anyone from ordering anything. Nor did I find fault in ordering cheap stuff. I only point out the childish tantrum OP is throwing after being denied his candy.

The point is there is not point to bitch anymore.

Nothings going to change.

It just shows how spoiled the faggots on this board are and that's pathetic.

>they want the excrement
except they aren't telling people who got the SSDs to send them back, they're recalling the shipped ones back from the carriers BEFORE you get your grubby hands on it.

By law once it's in your hands they can't ask for it back, they CAN however ask the carrier to ship it back to them first. Which is what they're doing.

Your analogy sucks senpai

Kek, I can't imagine how people can think like that, it's cringy as fuck. Are there really such special needs anons here?

>going to the trouble of tearing through your intestines and ripping it out from within

>posting image url in a imageboard
Are you literary from reddit?

Also, it was confirmed bait...

>what happened to you that you adopted the wrong viewpoint in this situation?
The majority of people are disagreeing with you here, so maybe in fact it is your view point that is wrong here.

Even on slickdeals or RFD no one is crying nearly as loud as OP about getting screwed by Dell.
And the words price error on those forums have been throw around a lot, so its not like those people didn't know.

How long do you think OP will keep bitching? I give it a couple days.

I'm not him but I know I have to bump it so everybody can have a laugh.