IT'S OVER INTEL IS FINISHED!

IT'S OVER INTEL IS FINISHED!

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ryzen-cpus-unlocked-overclocking/
youtu.be/KdghvnwIvv8
youtube.com/watch?v=7uBNCN6v_gk
guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_480_lightning_review,8.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread again. Jannies, for once, do your fucking job.

>his CPU isn't soldered to the board and held together by gorilla glue
enjoy your placebo AMDfags

It's a new article

wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ryzen-cpus-unlocked-overclocking/

First we have a four-year architecture, and now this.

>but that reminds me of Bulldozer

based Keller and Lisa Su is at the right time brother.

>poointhelootech
No. Someone should make a proper Zen thread with proper OP instead of shitposting magnet.

Arent all amd cpus unlocked?

>needing overclock to defeat Intel

Except, you know, every single Intel CPU that it competes with is unlocked. So if you knew that, you'd be surprised if any Ryzen CPUs were locked at all.
At least before the mainstream APUs are released.

And have been since forever, and was one of the things that drew attention to them way back in the day when they weren't irrelevant.

>Preferring a locked CPU to an unlocked CPU

You can get a cheaper motherboard if you don't want to OC.

when AMD has no budget and can't afford to install extra lockout circuitry

wew

Both Intel and Nvidia will remain the top dogs in their domains for a long time.

I've been waiting for this picture again

B1 stepping(F4 OPN) clocked 3.6ghz base, 4ghz peak single core turbo.
Overclocking Ryzen is controlled by the mobo, all CPUs by default are unlocked, they just ensure junk tier budget boards don't support overclocking so theres no VRM throttling and power delivery issues.

Everything so far is looking really good for Ryzen. Competition in the desktop CPU space, and 2017 as a whole is already off to a fantastic start in the rest of the market. RAM, storage, GPUs, displays, every segment is looking very promising right now.
Its shaping up to be the best year for hardware that I can remember in my 30 years of life. The future is looking bright and comfy.

Hahaha this thread is reminding me of Bulldozer launch.

Good one OP

Only Intel "K" model chips are.

Pretty much all AMD chips have been for the past 5-10 years.

Keller left AMD nearly a year and a half ago

>Ryzen will launch closer to the middle of Q1 or early Q1 rather than the end of Q1. AMD wouldn’t give us a specific date but sometime in February is a good bet.

He did his job. He's batman of CPU world.

This isn't true, some mid-high end AMD APUs and AM3+ low end has a locked multi.

The same auther on wccftech said late 2016 was a good bet for Zen as well
why would you trust speculation, is there *anything* to support their claim of middle Q1 for ryzen ?

I know user, I'm just fooling myself desperately grasping one rumor to hold onto.

I know curryttech isn't thrustworthy but I'm finding myself going back there almost daily since I boarded the Zen hype train.

So X370 is more limited than Z270 and that's supposed to be AMD's enthusiast platform while Z270 is an Intel mainstream platform?

Morons, including those of wccftech, kept saying October 2016 for Summit Ridge because of this slide in conjunction with statements made by Su and Papermaster.

"IP" on this slide means final silicon is in production, which it is. AMD hit all their milestone here. A0 steppings were in production as early as June, the latest steppings were produced in October and November 2016.
Su and Papermaster both mentioned limited availability end of 216, with full availability Q1 2017. They stuck to that as well, limited availability has been OEM sampling. Aside from the leaked engineering samples that everyone has been seeing, AMD sent out OEM samples to tons of vendors clocked at 3.2ghz/3.5ghz.

Apart from this, theres been no talk of dates. Just Q1 2017. Beyond that everyone is guessing.
We do however know that there will not be a paper launch. They recently promised full availability as soon as its announced.

>wccftech
fucking street shitter. stop spamming your faggy site. it's just a mill for shit to bait retards without adblock.

Zx70 are Intel's enthusiast platform.

X99 is Intel's enthusiast platform.

Both are the only ones that support OCing.

Kaby and Z270 doesn't even have native USB 3.1 Gen2.

nah, there were several hints and outright misdirections (where's Jeff I wonder) that made any tech forum reader suspect that there could be something wrong with bulldozer.

The hype is at the same level if not greater this time, but different than with Buldozer AMD learned how to control the leaks very effectively, especially those that could give rise to bad press or detrimental wild rumors.

There are locked AMD CPUs but the price is so low anyway it makes no sense to buy the locked one instead of the already cheap unlocked ones.

>wccftech
Filtered.

>mfw we've hit the limit in terms of CPU power

these pruducts haven't even launched ffs.
user only saw a couple of teasers for clearly yet unfinished motherboards.
Zen is a flop.
kys.

AM3 had a single "enthusiast" class motherboard with the Asus Crosshair for 2 or 3 years when msi and gigabyte decided that even that tiny slice of market wasn't something they weren't comfortable with allowing an Asus effective monopoly. The fact that we're seeing premium SKU's that are comparable with intel chipset, even in the branding names, ready to launch with Zen from the onset is actually giving credence to the fact that AIB's are onboard the hype train.

MUH GIGAHURTZ

Yeah, that worked so well for bulldozer and vishera

It's not even out yet. How's it a flop?

That cunt JF-AMD posting on overclock.net was doing legitimate damage control. He was directly contradicting official statements made by AMD during their 2010 HotChips presentation. The icing on the cake was when he said something like "people don't care about power consumption, they just want to plug it in and get their performance." People could tell there was something wrong.
The desperate upset about Zambezi's launch was fanboys thinking some magical BIOS or AGESA update would unlock more performance and change bench results.

The lead up to Ryzen's launch is nothing like what we saw with Bulldozer. The Zen HotChips presentation was overwhelmingly positive, AMD is talking about getting back into high performance. In 2010 AMD was making excuses, admitting there was a major downside to the arch, but they were working on it.

All the diehard intel fanboys are just running out of straws to grasp here.
At first they tried to claim that the 40% figure was a lie.
They tried to claim that a 40% uplift wouldn't even reach Sandy Bridge performance.
They tried to claim that 14nm LPP was a terrible process.
They tried to claim that Zen would never clock over 3ghz, and have no OC headroom.
They tried to claim Summit Ridge would only support single channel memory.
All of that shitposting FUD has been shotdown, and now they basically have nothing left, so they're all running away and hiding on the forums.

When the CanardPC review came out and they explicitly said that Zen was near Broadwell IPC a few people tried to make the clock speed argument, but that fell flat instantly. Su guaranteed 3.4ghz+ at launch, and they had 3.6ghz/3.9ghz CPUs running at CES, and now we know that there are 3.6ghz/4ghz chips finalized.

Ryzen looks good all around. Its nothing like Zambezi.

Actually it would have if the fabs delivered. As much of a mess as Bulldozer was it was intended to run @ 5+ ghz but gofo never delivered on 20nm.

not overclock, xtreme systems.
t. real oldfag.

OC.net was the kiddies table back then.

Its the AMD boi "Intel is finished" meme thats reminding me of bulldozer.

Ryzen could be amazing, and it should be because competition is good for the consumer.

Nothing is going to happen to Intel though, and i cant really see ryzen beating high end X99 gear.

Lowering IPC to get 5Ghz+ was not a good idea to begin with.

>They tried to claim that 14nm LPP was a terrible process

It is. Its vastly inferior to Intel's 14nm. Zen is just a significantly better architecture.

Only my gut instinct and you may call it fanboyism, but I can't shake off the feeling that AMD is still holding their biggest cards tightly regarding Zen.

APUs with onboard HBM memory would assravage Intel bretty hard.

When are the actual reviews going to be released? I thought it was supposed to happen during CES, but nothing still.

How bad is it? Anything to worry about?

GloFo didn't have a high power 20nm node.
The Bulldozer arch was designed around the 32nm PD-SOI process that they licensed from IBM which was tailored for IBM's POWER7+ line. AMD wanted to target clocks of about 4.5ghz. The original FX 8150 however only launched at 3.6ghz, peak 4.2ghz turbo, though it was doing so with horrendously out of spec leakage.

The FX 8350 pushed clocks a bit higher, hitting 4ghz base while managing to bring down power a bit simultaneously. They still didn't reach original goals inside of their power envelope. Some latter 8370e chips can hit 4ghz at just 90w~ though.

Apparently he made the same statements all over the place. If you google it he has some damage control apology on Anandtech from 2011 after the release.

If 14nm LPP was a bad process, it isn't, they wouldn't be reaching these clocks inside of the conservative power envelope of 95w.
"Low power" does not mean low clocking anyway. Intel's processes are "low power" in the same regard.

There is nothing wrong with speed demon design if you meet your clock goals.

Problem is future processor roadmap. You get 5Ghz and then what next, praying for better future process and 6Ghz or tweaking arch for better IPC? Getting solid IPC first and increasing clocks gradually with maturing nodes is a better overall strategy

Yeah, that was one freaking PR nightmare. AMD actually managed to put the lid on it quite effectively -- after the fact --, since they limited the amount of damage it could have given to their image (I'm not saying that they came out unscathed, quite the contrary, but that shit could've literally made them finished and bankrupt).

I just wanted to point out that Xtreme Systems was his main platform and where the flames reached the highest.

>Whats a BCLK

t. intel netburst engineer from the good old days.

does anyone remember what was going on pre bulldozer?
basic chronology? how does it compare?

When you pay $60 extra for a K version chip just to fund the R&D that cucked you into needing to buy it in the first place.

Wew

LONGER. MAKE LONGER PIPELINE.

You can only go so far with bclk. Also iirc AMD IMC is pretty shitty so you are gonna have some ram issues if you use BCLK, but things may have changed i havent had an AMD CPU since Phenom II

their stock is actually costs more now than in 2010
it's almost bankrupt them they dropped to two same year

Their only problem that the pipeline wasn't long enough

hype is greater and more mainstream, probably due to youtube techies reaching more normies.
no iffy stuff
no flaming retard running the PR / social media management

they've been feeding the press what they want and they want, so I'd say that have good control over the entailed discussions.

I think that this will be an awesome product, simply because I can't fathom that AMD got this good at PR after being veritable bottom of the barrel in anything media related since ever.

My take is that, since we still haven't heard anything bad about it, then, there probably isn't.

Basically, it. There's nothing bad to say about Zen unless you want free (you)s.

>that fucking filename
This will never stop being funny. Goddammit.

>you'll never get to unlock your CPU with a graphite pencil again

paying extra for a "k" is nothing. Intel actually charges you to disable architectural features on their chips. And, naturally, they double dip and charge again on the sku's that have them enabled.

this guy knows what's up

Yes. Because it was fucking truth. NetBurst was the worst thing Intel has done in forever.

They are going to be scary.

youtu.be/KdghvnwIvv8

Forza on integrated graphics, 1080p mix of ultra and high at 30FPS. And it's a shitty excavator with DDR4.

Zen mobile APUs with HBM, will fuck iris pros.

explain

I can't now find it where but one Intel engineer said he doesn't regret P4. They had to find ways for better power management and increasing efficiency with good hyperthreding, they later used those for Core architecture for great success. Same goes for AMD, Keller said something similar. They had the basic building blocks and technology for Zen already, they had developed good power management and turbo for Excavator and fixed the bottlenecks of bulldozer in Zen

What architectural features?

Good shit.

Better times.

To this day I think that the AMD house fires meme is an concerted effort from salty old Intel fanboys from the netburst days and Nvidia's fermi.

>3.6/4.0Ggz 8 core ES within 95W
>still not final revision
>500$

intel status = total anal devastation

hownew.ru
HT i think.

youtube.com/watch?v=7uBNCN6v_gk

>Zen mobile APUs with HBM, will fuck iris pros.
Shit, iGPU that would be able to do gaymen.

Idk man the 290x ran just as hot as fermi

original housefire meme was about intel and nvidia

propaganda machine reversed it, no doubt

well if they're paying enough attention to license onboard graphics from AMD, maybe

several hardware level encoders that trickle down from the xeons, architectural integrity, that are too good for the plebeian tier i# cores.

Last gen AMD cards (anything that isn't Fury or RX 480) unironically consume more power than GTX 480. Never mind GTX 580, which is the refined Fermi.

So if AMD being housefire is a meme, so is the GTX 480 being a housefire. Oh and the FX 9590 consumes more power than any CPU intel has ever produced, including overclocked Pentium EEs. So yeah, if you want a housefire, AMD is your go-to.

The only saving grace AMD has is that coolers today are better than they were when Fermi was released and when Pentium D was the high end. So AMD housefires have more copper and aluminium dissipating their massive heat output.

on stock cooler, difference is fermi ran hot on partner coolers

It is really exciting to see.
I wonder if they'll release another stepping later into the year, or have an even higher clocked refresh in 2018. With base clocks this high this early its definitely within the realm of possibility.
These things are going to underclock/undervolt like gods. They have to be hitting 3ghz~ at just 65w.

consequently, instead of a housefire, the R9 fury is an efficient HVAC solution

So are you implying that AMD has no housefires right now? When literally every single CPU and GPU from their line runs hotter and consumes more power while at the same time delivering less performance than any Intel/Nvidia CPU/GPU equivalent?

Also, do you know about a CPU called FX-9590? Did you hear about it right? I'm pretty sure you know it needs a FUCKING WATERCOOLER to not burn your whole house down?

But no, you won't admit anything of this, you would just call me a Nvidia/Intel jew shill xD.
Right? xD !!!1!

You sure are buttdevastated.

Yes user, copper and aluminum suddenly got better in 2014.
Nvidia and Intel marketing redfined the very laws of physics and did a damn good job outdoing God himself in material engineering.

See, the salt lasts for decades.

Insightful retort

Thanks for exactly proving my point.
Have a good day Pajeet!

A нe пpoшёл бы ты нaхyй, пeтyшoк.

Intel is all in on nvidia licenses and using edram. They would have to start completely from scratch to integrate AMD technology in their iGPU.

TDP doesn't matter.

Sorry Ivan, I don't speak moonrunes.

they probably have a plan if they moved to AMD for patent deal

Then fuck off. Sup Forums is rightful russian clay.

overclocking an 8 core Intel leads to 200W power consumption and unreasonable temperatures.
Overclocking Zen will go much easier

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_480_lightning_review,8.html

Oooh, so hot. Know what else runs at 74 degrees? A MSI GTX 980 4G Gaming which has a TDP of around 200W. Which as far as high end GFX cards go is quite low.

You fucking retard. Coolers were cheaper and shittier in 2009/2010 than they are today. There were good coolers like MSI Twin Frozr, but it was less commonplace than it is today and that cooler is nowhere near as good as the Twin Frozr V used today. Even reference coolers are way better today, never mind the fact that in 2009 things like cards turbo boosting or throttling back clocks to keep within thermal envelope was unheard of. The GTX 480 ran full blast even in furmark even though modern cards like R9 290X or GTX 1080 throttle to shit in it.