Pcbg

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

Always state the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price or to improve specs or build quality.

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>Have a budget, but don't know where to start? This will recommend you a parts list based on price.
>Consider substituting an i5 6500 for an i3 in any RX470/480 or GTX 1060 tier build
>Consider stock fan+heatsink for any i3 or locked i5 build
>Consider a B150 mobo for any i3 build
>Add a 240GB SSD to the "Great" tier build
logicalincrements.com/

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice, Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/9Pbm4nHL

>Information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with
Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/gWVnNN
pcpartpicker.com/list/j4D8xY
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y2r76X
amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-80mm-Express-PCIe-120GB/dp/B01MCZ4QTK?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ76EIXAV3V6D6JEQ&tag=globalnetwork-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MCZ4QTK?th=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/NQKZqk
pcpartpicker.com/list/BCZ8xY
pcpartpicker.com/user/newtopcs122/saved/w4BrHx
pcpartpicker.com/list/HnXHnn
youtube.com/watch?v=FgfXLe7rTSg
pcpartpicker.com/list/Xkbjqk
pcpartpicker.com/list/HGd6KZ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7xNNBP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for linustechtips

first for $250 Canadian 470s ;-;

>tfw ATI was a Canadian company

Any suggestions?
For 1080p
pcpartpicker.com/list/gWVnNN

650W PSU is overkill. it even says 276W powerdraw at the top and youre obviously not overclocking or adding a 2nd GPU. 400-450W will be just fine

>touted as a "living room" oriented case
>fuckhueg for no good reason, it's three times taller than it needs to be
>tempurd glass so can see your TV reflecting off the case
I love CES.

w2c cheap ips 27inch 1080p monitor?

don't mind getting refurbished or pre-used. or where do you cop cheap monitors?

what If I use virtual gpu scaling to set the resolution at 1440p?
>1440p for cheap!!!!

Why wouldn't this work?

Way to expensive if you want an i3 build, get link below or get a 6500 build.
pcpartpicker.com/list/j4D8xY

I'm planning on a mITX build, current case of choice would be cooler master elite 110, but I'm bothered by the lack of proper dust filters
anyone have the same case and have experience with the dust build-up?

Psu overpriced, 80 dollar meme case, b150 when you wont use the added features, overpriced ram for aethestics. And that 1060 is a great model but definitely overpriced. Get a simple 1060 model they dont run hot anyway and any factory overclock is negligible.

Make compromises and get an i5 6500 using the money you wont regret it. I have that monitor and its very nice for 1080p

You are already pushing $1k. Might as well get i5-6500 and make the system well rounded.

So Finnfag here looking to move my big and noisy -ass poverty tier FX-6300 build to home server use and get an elegant Intel gaming desktop in the Silverstone SG13 case. I already have a MSI r9 390 which I will not replace yet. If the GPU fits and I'm pleased with the case when it arrives, I'll probably pull the trigger. I know memory is expensive now but I'm worried about other parts not being available too far in the future so I think I'm ready to bite the ~30€ bullet. The memory might even raise in price after Ryzen launches. Case fan I will nig from my old rig which has plenty, it's a Fractal so it's fine. So what do you think, /pcbg/? Anything else I should take into consideration?

>Ordered all the parts for my PC
>Everything comes within the week I ordered it from Amazon and B&H
>Newegg is taking fucking ages to send two of the same items
>Supposed to come ten days after I ordered it

>trying to fix 7770s so I don't have to upgrade until Vega is released
>think I get it working, run Heaven to test
Working so far, pray for allepo

But the interesting thing is that 7770s in crossfire over PCIe (no bridge) seem to have near 100% scaling. 11ish fps at the super high quality settings I set in Heaven, versus 20ish running both cards.

Tearing is hilariously bad though

godspeed my friend

what amd card for media center and light gaming in small case?

RX 460 or a used card. Green team has low profile 1050Tis that look neat but I understand not supporting their business practices.

Oh, by the way, depending on how "light" your light gaming is, consider an APU or even a Kaby Lake chip with integrated graphics. If light gaming is TF2, CS:GO, Paradox games, etc; an i5's integrated graphics are...workable.

get a refund and keep the items, that'll show them!!!

>want to do a few upgrades
>realize my few upgrades ended up being the whole damn computer aside from the SSD's

fug

is 550w psu okay for oc'd 6600k and lightly oc'd rx 480?

had 550w in my original 6500/1060 build but now I'm not sure if I shouldn't go for 650w to be safe

>aside from the SSD's
I hope you have at least a intel 600p, otherwise you are deprecated

What's a good monitor for ~$100?
Currently looking at the Asus VE247H. Worth it or are there better alternatives?

Literally just Google PSU calculator

try here and round up for the OC:
coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Should I get a 4590 + mobo for 300€ total? I'm currently using an AMD 955.

my issue with these calculators is that the result doesn't actually reflect the psu wattage

like, I got just under 300w out of that calculator, and corsair recommends me a 500w psu for I don't know what reason

Because a lot of PSUs aren't always preforming at their max wattage and you should regularly have lots more headroom for overclocking and upgrades

BENQ GL2250 is a nice budget monitor. I'm in the market for something 400+ dollars now but it served me very faithfully, even in high level FPS play.

Everything except the 2x2GB sticks, LED's, Fan Splitters and the GPU is already here, built the thing already but want to know if it'll werk with all the other shit installed

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Y2r76X

Because if manufacturers recommend 500W, retards will go and buy 400W or some shitty paper-only 500W PSU. Now, imagine how many retards with blown PCs they'd have to deal with if they recommended 300W instead.

Also this

Do modern motherboards for PC's have a bui,t in WIFI these days?

What is PCI and what difference do the 'normal', 2.0 and 3.0 have?
Looking at two MBs and one has a 'PCI' slot, not 2.0 or anything.

amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-80mm-Express-PCIe-120GB/dp/B01MCZ4QTK?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ76EIXAV3V6D6JEQ&tag=globalnetwork-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01MCZ4QTK?th=1

yay or nay???

alrighty then, r8 please
pcpartpicker.com/list/NQKZqk
I think I did it right

You see it more on ITX boards because you don't have room for anything else besides GPU. Most ATX boards do not come with it.

Here's a better build. pcpartpicker.com/list/BCZ8xY

How's this desktop for ps2 emulation?

pcpartpicker.com/user/newtopcs122/saved/w4BrHx

Or for PC gaming in general?

I don't really feel like turning this thread into a 1060 vs 480 shitfest.

Try to shoot for an i3 if you can. If you want to run games at a higher resolution, a 750 ti or 460 will be all you need.

a bit more gets you a 1070
pcpartpicker.com/list/HnXHnn

It mainly has to do with bandwidth. You can put a PCIE card in any version slot and it will work.

He's come a long way since NCIX Canada, huh?

He sure has
youtube.com/watch?v=FgfXLe7rTSg
>this was five and a half years ago

get cheaper psu, cheaper memory, ssd and better cpu

even better!!!

See: pcpartpicker.com/list/Xkbjqk

damn it. thanks.

pcpartpicker.com/list/HGd6KZ

What's your favorite SFF case?

i3 6100 would take you much further
slapping on a dedicated gpu later on would open you to actual pc gaming too

why do you hate m.2

>Gamaxx 400
Great cooler, but push-pins suck ass.

Nothing wrong with it, but most people/applications won't make much use of it an imho the only worthwile M.2 is 950/960 Pro.

cuz I'd rather get a more powerful gpu.
in real world tasks, sata ssds are enough for 90% of users.

will i need to buy any cables separately?
like sata and stuff. or will they come with other parts?

buy some.

what ones?

It's probably for the best. 802.11ac is out and n is old tech now. You don't really want an ever changing technology embedded to the board.

sata, hdmi, displayport.

It works.

Sata maybe some fan splitters/cable extensions if youre working with a fuckhuge case

BIOSTAR mobo DOA lads.

Replacing with Asrock 970

AVOID BIOSTAR

True. I just hope the usb wifi adapter I have is good enough.

Its one of these pic related, but an older model Im sure. I bought it 2 years ago and used.

>biostar
LOL

>((((((((upgrading))))))))) to ASSrock
even more LOL

the mb i'm looking at comes with 2 sata cables it says.
that should be fine for an ssd and hdd right? and the other components should come with their own cables?

In your opinion, is a USB any worse than a PCI/PCIe WLAN card?

>Asrock and Asus are both owned by Pegatron Corporation

Huh, makes me think....

Can't tell you. Better to ask in a /sqt/ thread or pc building thread.

I only used it for like a few days before my thinkpad arrived and I realized I didn't need it anymore as the built in thinkpad wifi is awesome.

I changed from pci-e ac wifi to usb3.0 ac wifi when I changed to a smaller case and noticed to change in speed or stability.

a tiny little bump

I've never had any issues with usb, and I've been using it for quite a while if that helps.

no change

Is R5 a meme case?

do gpus need specific cpus to work or will they all work with any?

What do you mean by that?

Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz

ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Asus itx)

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB ATA Device (SSD)

1863GB Seagate ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD ATA Device (SATA)

Probably gonna throw in another 500gb

Its a small gaming and work computer

I travel a lot so it built it to be carry on or fit inside a handled cabin bag.

will i7 7700k work with H110M motherboard?

USB2 is okay for 802.11n, but you would need USB3 port for 802.11ac. PCIE will alway be higher bandwidth so you can't go wrong there. I guess I should also point out, your router must be ac capable if you want to take advantage of 1Gbps speeds.

>mfw I got my Gammaxx 400 for $18
>$18 Canadian rupees
>212 Evo costs $40 Canadian rupees
>everything else in that benchmark costs even more

it would but what's the point?

It's not really embedded into the board I don't think. Under the "WIFI EXXXTREME GAYMEN" shield, there's a riser card that does wifi that can be easily swapped.

rate muh completed 1080p waiting for good 4k cards build

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7xNNBP

>will i7 7700k work with H110M motherboard?
>considering Volcano Lake
>on a H110
>ever

Any

Just checked, the Dark Rick Harrison Pro 3 costs $109.99 Canadian monopoly dollars on Newegg right now

>the bequiet costs 80usd
>is not even that quiet
really makes you think

why did you buy the most expensive ssd and a pricey case

an iMac
[spoiler]It's also in 1440p[/spoiler]

So, I finally got my newly built pc to actually boot, and I cloned the OS from my HHD to my SSD with crucial's migration software. How do I get it to actually run the OS from it without formatting everything and installing it from a USB drive?

ssd cause it was on sale fro, like $130 and case because it looks nice and I don't want to look at some black garbage box on my desk for the next couple of years

Unless they used something like micro PCIE, you would have to rely on that motherboard manufacturer for updated extreme gaymen shields everytime some new 802.11 standard came out.

Doesn't look like a hard swap though.

>caring about the aesthetic of a computer
why is the market for this booming?

Ever since personal electronics stopped being made out of mainly plastic.

Still waiting for some brave fellow to bring Abee cases to the US market.

>caring about the aesthetics of absolutely anything

Shoggodoggodoo

What's the most you could do with a 2GB GPU? Where would it start bottlenecking?
Not sure if I should go with 2GB to save money or 4GB just in case. I don't do much PC gaming.