How the fuck does it work?

How the fuck does it work?

youtu.be/VH60-R8MOKo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIRuIdvRMJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=LSZPNwZex9s
youtube.com/watch?v=uRFm2aFPcMI
pcworld.com/article/3155441/car-tech/hondas-amazing-riding-assist-motorcycle-wont-fall-over.html
rideapart.com/articles/why-do-electric-motorcycles-weigh-so-mucht
snopes.com/google-self-driving-bicycle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It uses the power of dreams.

we discovered magic in the 60's.

Probably a gyroscope system of some sort.

>its not electric

gyroscopes and servos

I'm guessing electronically controlled rotating masses hidden somewhere inside the body of the vehicle.

marketing magic and a lil video editing

This. The mass needed to stabilize it must be huge.

It probably has a gyro. Another company has a full electronic control system that makes it damn near impossible for a bike to ever tip over.
Also that looks like an NC 700s, I ride a 700x. Neat.

I bet it's fucking magnets.

Not necessarily, looking at the way the bike's designed, engine (and thus the center of mass) is placed very low. I assume that if the mass is spinning fast enough, it would carry enough corrective force to stabilize the bike without needing to be suprt huge.

The bikes are 470lbs, but center of gravity is low. They're parallel twins and they're designed in such a way that the reciprocating mass is at a really shallow angle to the ground. Gas tank is also under the seat.

The front wheel makes slight movements to stabilise the motorcycle.

Gas tank hidden under the seat would definitely leave room for a spinning gyro inside the large "gas tank" at the top.

Yep. That space is actually an open storage compartment, it'll fit a large helmet.

Thank you for replying with an anime picture.

its basically the same principle as

But its controlled by electronics so its infinitely more precise and better than humans

not if the flywheel is spinning fast enough
the faster the rotor, the lighter it can be

They're a bit late to the party.
youtube.com/watch?v=LSZPNwZex9s

NO SHIT

>it will improve the economy because people can work on their bikes!

How is this video not satire?
>launching April 1st
Makes perfect sense now.

how fast it go?

moon men for sure

>I ride a 700x

Me too, [spoiler]bro[/spoiler]

I'm dutch, and that's fucking stupid.

>bike drives itself with no driver around the city

What could go wrong?

>launching april 1st

>paying attention to such things

for you

regular bikes are already huge. you save a lot on weight and size if you go electric, so you can use that gain to gyro that shit up

I'm not a physicsfag by any stretch, but shouldn't a gyro mounted above the center of gravity have an easier time controlling it to keep it stable?

If thats the case then this could all be relatively simple.

>Rather than relying on gyroscopes, which add a great deal of weight and alter the riding experience as announced by other companies, the Honda Riding Assist motorcycle incorporates technology originally developed for the company's UNI-CUB personal mobility device.
youtube.com/watch?v=uRFm2aFPcMI
whatever this means
apparently no gyroscope

It moves the front wheel

pcworld.com/article/3155441/car-tech/hondas-amazing-riding-assist-motorcycle-wont-fall-over.html

no
torque can be applied wherever, it'll have the same effect.

>you save a lot on weight and size if you go electric

No, you don't. At least, as long as we need a shit-ton of lithium cells to keep the vehicle running for a decent amount of time.

Apparently it just adjusts the fork angle and shifts the front wheel slightly to stay upright while standing still and at low speeds.

Thats considerably less impressive.

yes you do, you are underestimating the weird of a combustion engine motorcycle.

>Thats considerably less impressive.

How it's that less impressive than sticking a spinning mass to keep it straight?

>Thats considerably less impressive
wrong
any first year college student could design a PID-driven gyro system coupled to an IMU

the fork turning part? that means they had to model the tire/road interactions, for a variety of cases and let me tell you. tire models are NOT easy at all.

less impressive?
that solution is 1000x better
a fucking gyroscope would be way less impressive than that

A gyro could keep you stable at high speed, or at least increase stability in steeper angle turns.
This wouldn't have any effect if I was leaning at 50mph.

and the gyroscope could just kill you at any moment

>and the gyroscope could just kill you at any moment

So could a tiny patch of sand of I lose traction and low side into on coming traffic. A gyro would fight against that and help upright the bike.

You're retarded, my friend.

Just google how much does it weight a Tesla Model S and then a similar regular car.

>A gyro could keep you stable at high speed, or at least increase stability in steeper angle turns.
the wheels already do this
>This wouldn't have any effect if I was leaning at 50mph.
Well, you'd need greater gyro torque in order to counter the natural stabilization from the wheels.

the weight ratio is not the same for cars retard. on a bike, the engine is a much higher ratio of the total weight.

I'm going to google it for you because obviously you're too retarded to do it.

rideapart.com/articles/why-do-electric-motorcycles-weigh-so-mucht

Now read a fucking book and educate yourself.

The wheels do to a degree. You have greatest stability and traction under slight acceleration. When you're slowing down you're technically losing stability. Part of proper throttle control is slowing before you enter a turn so you can accelerate through it.
Tons of people fuck this up, and it causes them to cross over the line, or over correct in a turn. You don't want to brake into a turn like this because you'll stand the bike up.

For preventing these kinds of things a gyro would be better. The system is a neat novelty, but its not going to help any riders. Though to be clear I don't think any bike should actually have them, I just find this less impressive since it isn't applicable to really riding.

"magic" of control engineering, Hamiltonian physics, state-space representation;
and autism of mathematicians, engineers are "usually" to lazy for that.

underrated post

>The wheels do to a degree. You have greatest stability and traction under slight acceleration. When you're slowing down you're technically losing stability. Part of proper throttle control is slowing before you enter a turn so you can accelerate through it.
Tons of people fuck this up, and it causes them to cross over the line, or over correct in a turn. You don't want to brake into a turn like this because you'll stand the bike up.
I'm aware.

>For preventing these kinds of things a gyro would be better.
I think none would be better.
>Fork turning
Straight into the next wall
>Gyros
Wouldn't that be fucking unsettling to feel your bike roll "weirdly" in turns?

I'd definitely hate to drive a bike with a gyroscope

I'm no motorcyclist but I can definitely understand.

>I think none would be better.
Well we're agreeing then.

>Wouldn't that be fucking unsettling to feel your bike roll "weirdly" in turns?
Wouldn't really know, I've never touched a Segway or anything else with a gyro in it to know how it feels. I imagine you'd feel more forced trying to push you upright out of a turn. Might actually make riding worse if you couldn't lean as hard.

No matter how it was achieved it would absolutely be less fun, which is the main point of riding in the first place.

Who cares.

In three or four decades autonomous cars will be mandatory and motorcycles will be forbidden in order to virtually eradicate traffic deaths.

>In three or four decades autonomous cars will be mandatory and motorcycles will be forbidden in order to virtually eradicate traffic deaths.

You'll have to pry the keys from my Dainese gloved hands.

>motorcycles become electric
>motorcyclists now use bike lanes
/n/ will be our saviour

Spinning parts on motorcycles are actually a serious problem because their rotational inertia makes it harder to turn motorcycles.

>three or four decades
make it a hundred years

snopes.com/google-self-driving-bicycle/

>sit on your ass doing nothing in office
>sit on your ass doing nothing on your self-driving bike
>sit on your ass in front of your PC/TV

truly a pinnacle of living

bruh

hmmmm perhaps some type of sensor network......

Just the front wheel is not enough - when you're riding a bike you don't just turn the wheel to stabilize, you also shift your weight around.