So Sup Forums I received an eee pc 900 yesterday

so Sup Forums I received an eee pc 900 yesterday.

Any cool projects I can do?

looks cute

install gentoo

kali linux

has a decent wifi card that you can use with air crack

also, it has amazing battery life running linux

i friend of mine had one of those back in 2010, he begged me to install XP on it.

And any version of linux WITH LXDE. Then install livestreamer GUI, hook it up to a tv, and use that as twitch media player.

You could use it to steady a really wonky table?

>watching twitch

try shoving it up your butthole all the way in
should keep you occupied long enough

Why?

Learn about how to optimize what software you use to get the most out of it. Use it in place of a smartphone for web browsing on the go. I have one and it can match or outperforms 2012-2013 flagship smartphones for any task that doesn't involve video/graphics in its stock configuration.

i have one of these and i love it. such cute little things. install lubuntu and upgrade the ram and its a perfectly usable laptop

>use that as twitch media player.

Jesus fucking Christ, instead of doing all that bullshit just buy a damn $25 Chromecast.

>buying google botnet shit
You know that chromecasts send all your data of what you watch to google right?

they always seemed like they would make nice X terminals

Whooo boy, sure am glad they're going to see me watching Kaceytron

go die

kek

kek. there were versions with xp, but I think they cost more.

I remember installing tons of different distros on mine. The thing was a blast. Had a little SSD in it. Ran surprisingly well, better than a lot of modern machines.

Yea. Throw it into a tub of liquid nitrogen.

You need to stop browsing Sup Forums right now

Install Ubuntu Mate and watch your RAM usage.

Depends.

Is it the 700MHz Celeron model? If so, throw it away.

Is it the 1.6GHz Atom? If so, you can do any sorta regular netbook shit with it.

Kinda fun having a device that literally fits in your pocket but has a regular keyboard. I miss the netbook craze, I wish smartphones wouldn't have killed the ultraportable market.

>twitch
Grow up

Install Leopard on it.

I have mine as a server
Exactly the same model
Ubuntu server
Ssh
No x
I use it for card farming on steam and torrents

Don't forget to lvm the space on installation
The main ssd is only 4gb

Wake on RTC works really good on this one, by the way

i have i eee 901. ive been running lubuntu on it. It works like a charm! Ive been doing some programing and server management on it.
Just bought a new battery to it! Its a nice peice of hardware!

I have a Dell Inspiron 910, it's now a zsnes machine, it has VGA out to a CRT monitor + 2xiBuffalo controllers. Tried to run RetroArch but I'm still working on sound issues (RetroArch menus have sound but emulators don't)

I still use my 900HA,

It still runs the xp came with, it runs filezilla server mostly.

You can also use kali and get on of those alfa wifi usb things for a portable hacker station