>it'll be fun, they said

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Metric-compatible_fonts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you do?

>conforming to the mindset of a mongolian hyena slaughtering board

There are no hyenas in Mongolia.

>Ubuntu

I get no random errors in Arch. Everything just works.

tried to install software

You don't install software on ubuntu, you're only meant to use what Ubuntu provides you with.

Reminder there's a influx of paid anti-linux shills at the moment.

>Ooboontoo

Found your problem.

>2017
>linux

lmao

>Wah everyone who disagrees with me is a paid shill. There is no way anyone simply has other preferences. it has to be them jews waah

Sup Forums in a nutshell.

Found one of the shills

Ubuntu does this all of the time, pretty sure theres a bug report out on that.

hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu+linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps (I can list these) in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS (I can also list reasons as to why but will spare the details). If you are interested in this type OS, use XNU! It is a consumer friendly.

thank you for reading!!

You realize you can put capital letters in the beginning of pasta sentences.

install gentoo

This board is a known haven for pro-linux shills. Red Hat, Canonical and similar companies have plenty to gain from Linux being more widespread.

>paid anti-linux shills at the moment.
That would be an improvement. NEETS are doing it for free.

sudo apt purge apport python-apport

/thread

>Ubuntu == Linux
0/10

yes, they are un-inventive

they provide no information at all
it's 100% negativity, formulaic, all the same type

armies of them - why can't they just go away

absolutely untrue - people have been using linux on the desktop for several years.

this is all shit - this is all paid m$ shilling

2 rupees have been deposited in your account for this post

Well that's because they've all been slaughtered.

coincidentally if you try to install ttf-mscorefonts-installer it will produce the OP dialog message every time you use apt-get for something because it cannot download fonts from sourceforge.net.

not only that, paid Apple shills since their sales have been down on the iPhoo and the macbook has been outsold by CHROMEBOOKS.

I get that with colord-sane sometimes on boot

Ubuntu is crap. Try something like antergos instead.

>Thinking Linux of a fucking video game
Back to Facebook you consumerist retard

yeah - i've noticed that, as being the only persistant error message you will get

and it originates from the microshit zero cooperation. 1 font. they like to have that message their -- it makes it look to the customer that they are providers of something. Always, with microsoft/gates from the start, the most underhand tactics.

>a few premium laptop models have been outsold by dozens if not hundreds of budget laptop models
Wow, how surprising.

>paid Microsoft shill
>suggests OS X

The context doesn't matter my dude, if the sales drop the shills kick in. Reminder that these are schools buying laptops mayorly so they buy tons of them, the ones that DID use macs probably kept them but still bought more chromebooks just in case.

>expected Sup Forumstards to go "muh ubuntu's fault. muh favourite distro never does this"
You guys are so predictable and eager to shift the blame, it's not even funny.

>inb4 pajeets/paid shill/"it's not blaming, it really never happened to me"

you dont even need the fonts, there are metric alternatives.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Metric-compatible_fonts
Still probably for wine or something you need the actual thing ,or some kind of hard link that will make the program use the free alternatives.
Not saying they look the same, but they wont fuck up your formatting when you switch them to the ms fonts.

The context definitely matters, he was stressing the fact that they've been outsold specifically by Chromebooks. Of fucking course they're outsold by Chromebooks. Apple's laptops start at what? $850 or $900? Meanwhile you can pick up a Chromebook for $150.

the irony of this thread is that most of the distros don't even have a tool to report problems like those in ubuntu/fedora so people have the feeling that only ubuntu produces that much errors.
Not being a fanboy though , i use debian, but most people are not aware of that fact.

>ubuntu

pls be real man and use openSuse

ok

What package manager does openpepe use? I want to try it out but not have to learn a new package manager.

>muh error message
but doesn't even shor details

i installed ubuntu minimal with i3wm, and i havent installed screenfetch.

I get no random errors in Windows 10. Everything just works.

(You)

Nice try pajeet

hello Isaac

I think the Gods meant for it that lincucks will always be fucked up on desktops while being Semi-Godlike in mobiles.

enjoy your malicious hard drive lockdown if you disable updates

everything works for me, even WI-FI. Im using Arch btw, if that matters.

'just werks' was the term for ubuntu

they are hijacking it -- all over this board "just werks" the win shit -- it was mobile .. now win 10 "just werks" fuck off pajeet

Those errors are "something-has-stopped-working" 99% of the time. Nothing too serious.

OP is just a faggot. Thats the problem. Linux has no time for faggotry.

Heh

>Red Hat, Canonical and similar companies have plenty to gain from Linux being more widespread

Like what?

Zypper, best thing ever.

Or install whatever package manager you like. It's Loonix, you choose.

>complains
OP is a shill or a lazy tech-illiterate manchild.

Dropped.

On its head.

From a height.

ubuntu... come on
you need arch linux

>apt based distro
I am so, so sorry for you OP

>predictable that people blame ubuntu
>"hurr you guys are fanbois lolel"
>ubuntu is well known to be a piece of shit, but it can't be that it must be fanboism