APPLE REMOVES AIRPODS FINDER APP FROM APP STORE

APPLE REMOVES AIRPODS FINDER APP FROM APP STORE
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Wrjvk3O0Ud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it can be used to find any bluetooth device, its super easy to abuse that.

APPLEKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Because it can be used to find any bluetooth device, its super easy to abuse that.
You can do that with a $0.99 Bluetooth dongle from China

you're right, and it's still not an app on the official app store.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Wrjvk3O0Ud

>I hate apple so much I constantly visit macrumors

Kys

Tell me one way to abuse it.

y-you can steal stuff.. m-maybe..

B-but apple fags keep telling us how rich and professional they are, why would they abuse this app?

>"Apple did not like the ‘concept’ of people finding their Airpods and deemed it ‘not appropriate for the App Store’."

They don't even have to hide it...

explain

how long will macfags continue to take it up the arse from crapple?

its beyond pathetic at this point

> Somehow abuse signals broadcasted over the air
Are wifi strength measurement apps banned as well?

he probably has an account registered with an "ironic" anime avitar and tries to post first comment on all these shit stories nobody gives a fuck about while Tim Cook blows monster dongs all the way to the bank.

It can find bluetooth devices that aren't in a pairing mode. Normally you can only "see" bluetooth devices when they're trying to pair with another device, this is so you aren't seeing all your neighbors bluetooth devices when you try to connect to yours.

This app lets you find all bluetooth devices regardless of if they're in a pairing mode or not.

let me know when apple starts shipping compromised certs like lelnotho

So?

>Because he dislikes apple he must like Lenovo
>Misdirecting away from the actual issue

Is this an iPad?

>iToddlers will defend this

Ofcourse, they don't want you to find it, they want you to buy a new pair

Are you retarded?

shiet nigga, you just struck oil

You can actually only see device paired to the phone, not un-paired ones.
And its not like you couldn't check any device wifi signal strength with any sniffer application on any laptop since decades ago.

So?
Are you fucking retarded?

When you're pairing your device with any other it also shows all visible bluetooth devices in range you FUD-spreading fucktard bitch ass motherfucker.

He probably is don't make fun, but that's not the point if somebody wanted to search for bluetooth signals for malicious purposes removing this app isn't going to stop them.

There is no such thing as pairing mode you idiot.
Either bluetooth device is set as visible or hidden.

your phone already does that. Go on any semi crowded city bus and look at the bluetooth devices near you thing, chances are a bunch will pop up

But this is exactly what I just said. Jesus fucking christ.

apple shills are really quick nowadays
Must've increased their shilling budget for 2017

oh sorry, I misread what you were saying. Im not the first guy you were replying to

obviously this and only this

Explain. It better not be a bullshit reason like "it helps you steal things".

You know why, right? They were trying for fucking ages to fix the issue and someone fixed the probem for them.

They'll do the same thing they have done before and just rip off the maker of the app and steal the idea as their own.

If samshit would make an app like this you pooinloo shills would praise it like when noteshits exploded you fags acted like its not even matter but apple removing jack is end of the world

>t. assblasted iToddler

>If samshit would make an app like this you pooinloo shills would praise it like when noteshits exploded you fags acted like its not even matter but apple removing jack is end of the world
wut?

typical Applel going to lengths to hide the fact that a problem exists.

>3 months later
>Applel releases revolutionary new app which "finds" your AirPods for you
>Sells for $99

What is airpod?

bluetooth headphones by applel

Not going to happen. They would make more money letting people lose their ear toys.

Are they really just bluetooth? I thought they put a special chip to transmit the audio where the aux jack used to be that used a different technology

or this. I don't even give a fuck. I don't buy Applel products.

They're literal bluetooth headphones.

lmao fucking applel

They're Bluetooth, the special chip just allows them to automatically pair with any other apple device you're signed into. It doesn't deal with the audio at all.

Apple is such a joke of a company now. Hard to believe that this is what became of Jobs' legacy.

You can just buy one replacement AirPod. :)

You could pair up someone elses airpods and play your own music in a loud screech to fuck them over.

Do this while theyre driving for maximum keks.

+1 poo for your street.

>Good goy! Buy more earpods!

Why is that bad?

iToddler here, why do most mac or apple users defend the company when they're clearly doing something stupid and for malicious reasons? I mean defending a product you own and use sure that's ok but why defend a fucking company?

No you couldn't

What's the big deal if they removed it from the App Store. You bought the phone, surely you can just download the app elsewhere and manually install it.

I see what you did there

>when noteshits exploded you fags acted like its not even matter

It didn't matter because I don't fucking own one.

>Are wifi strength measurement apps banned as well?

Yes.

Duh, you can do that with any phone or BT device.

>Apple
>the luddites of the most advanced stuff in the world

>most advanced stuff in the world
hook shit

are we still using 2006 bluetooth?

So far no applefag in this thread explained how in the world such an app could be abused.

People wouldn't have to Buy single pod replacements for AirPods™ thus Apple making less money

because even apple users hate these

>hating anime on Sup Forums
Kys you're selfves

Kind of stupid not to just call them Bluetooth headphones then. More people are likely to desire Bluetooth headphones, than an ambiguous product like an "Airpod."

Because for iFags, Apple is part of their identity. An attack against Apple is a personal attack against themselves.

loyalty to companies is fucking dumb, you should only have loyalty to products

>iFags are dumb
News at fucking 11

go suck your moms dick you pussy fagget queer!

EAT MY BALLHAIR JENKINKS

>here's to the rebels
Oh, the irony.

>you should only have loyalty to products
you shouldn't even have loyalty to products

>Because it can be used to find any bluetooth device, its super easy to abuse that.
How is this a problem? It over achieves it's goal?

>oh no! people may be able to find devices within a 10m radius of themselves!
>that would be terrible!

>Here's to the rebels

If your Airpods are paired with your phone you need to put them in pairing mode again (press the button on them) in order for them to pair with another phone.

You can't just pair with a device that is already paired with another device.

Is there a fob that I can attach to my keys that will both allow me find my keys using a bluetooth device detector (emits BT signal) and ping my phone (if my keys are in my possession)

Don't be loyal to anything that isn't loyal to you back.

Technically, sure.
All you need is two identical fobs so they will have the same output power and thus allow you to attempt triangulation.

This. 100% this. For you kids too young to remember Siri used to be an app on the App Store that got bought by Apple to uses as the iOS personal assistant. Tons of tweaks that were only available in Cydia eventually got integrated in some form officially as well. Apple hates feature redundancy, so if there's an app that does what they're about to roll out themselves they'll just remove it.

tl;dr expect "Find my AirPod" in a future iOS update.

so what happens if a future iPhone has a headphone jack again?

Checked.
It likely won't because that means Apple admits they fucked up with the current gen iPhone.

This. Free software, free hardware. Everything else is cucking you

I was actually pointing out that loyalty isn't a trait that can be found in any type of material item.

It wasn't meant to be a rallying cry for the FSF, sorry to break it to you.

Nothing? Not sure what the point of even asking this is. Are you unaware that you can use bluetooth headphones on phones with headphone jacks?

maximum kek

>free hardware
Put it down Jamel

but then they're not special snowflakes anymore and can't charge a premium for them.

Underrated

Were Airpods Apple's quietest release?

They were delayed for a few months, they released without notice.

checked

Everything remotely useful which doesn't earn Apple any money is banned, don't you know?

Who gives a fuck you stupid NEETs.

No one has answered my question.

Why in the fuck does Apple include a headphone jack on the MacBook, but not the iPhone? What happened to outdated technology... What happened to courage? The fuck kinda mixed messages are they sending?

Furthermore... Why is MacBook all USB-C, but the iPhone still uses Lightning (or whatever)?

I swear to God Apple...

Tile?

Subtle

I guess apple should've thought about that when they were being """courageous""" hitting delete on the headphone jack part in Solid Works.

> Inherent limitations are evil
> Science is evil

That's actually quite an inspiring quote

>Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

>Furthermore... Why is MacBook all USB-C, but the iPhone still uses Lightning (or whatever)?
So you can buy their USB-C to Lightning cable.