Post your SMARTs

When this hits 0 is the drive just going to die immediately?
Have any of you had SSDs fail on you? It's still performing fine.

Post your SMART info thread i guess
crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Radeon-SSD-R3-240GB-R3SL240G/dp/B01DMQDIGQ/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483895132&sr=1-11&keywords=240gb ssd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

purchased apr 2013

Mine was January 2011. $200+ for a 64gb back then. How is it that you have 17438 power on hours with 100% health when mine has 25746 on hours yet is only at 19%?
My drive is MLC, it wasn't like it was a cheap piece of shit back then.

Worst case scenario, the drive becomes read only or the write speeds go to complete shit. I had a PNY drive that failed and I went from having 400+ MB/s writes to 3MB/s. The OS would stall anytime it wrote something.

>no Mac support
fuck

I think Disk Utility has a smart reader built in. I got a warning from OS X sierra about the drive which is why I booted back into windows and posted this thread.

It was 200-220.00 US in 2013

TRIM is enabled, it's always been my Windows drive.

Your readout doesn't have your GB written-- perhaps you've written a lot more than i have (13TB)

Is there anyway for me to find that information or does the drive just not keep track?

hdd just says "good" with no percentage, what does thast mean?

Holy shit. Yours has been significantly longer than mine yet you've powered it on 10478 times where as mine is 2031.

I think the percentage is for SSDs

I don't know. SMART should give that info but it looks like it doesn't.

Hard drives don't get that % info, here is mine

ah i see, thanks.

I have it from back when I was underage (it's from 2006 IIRC) and still living at home. My dad was a cheap jewish fucker so he wouldn't let me keep my computer on when I wasn't using it which resulted in me powering it on and off several times a day. Don't really use the HDD now, just keeping it plugged in to see how long it will last.

No HDD/SSD ever failed on me.
Well, with exception of one 2,5" HGST drive which I personally fucked up with a magnet.

This is a new(~3 month old) SSD.

I didn't look closely enough to notice that it was a HDD and not a SSD.

this can't be good

Yeah. When they make SSDs they have more storage then you have access to. As sectors fail they activate the reserved sectors to replace them on the fly. You are out of reserve sectors.Back up anything important but according to that other guy in the thread they just lose their ability to be written to.

can my poor laptop hard drive be fixed?

What should I do?

>powered on 638 hours
>powered on 6020 times
What the fuck have you been doing to the poor disk?

Based Hitachi

I have no fucking clue. I never used the laptop, it was my sisters and mother, just took the broken hard drive.

I'm really not an expert with this, there are people here who can probably answer your question way better than I can. It says that the drive only has 1 sector to allocate but I don't think HDDs work the same way as SSDs do. Explained here You can pick up a new SSD for like $40 bucks but it will only be like 128gb. This one is on sale $55 for 240gb
amazon.com/Radeon-SSD-R3-240GB-R3SL240G/dp/B01DMQDIGQ/ref=sr_1_11?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483895132&sr=1-11&keywords=240gb ssd

and because of that dell pricing mistake there are a bunch of 240gb WD blue SSDs on ebay for cheap.

Nothing. It's fine.

Thanks. Shame it's forever dead, 2.5" sata drives look pretty neat.

Just because SMART reports bad sectors doesn't mean they really exist.
Just fill the drive with zeros under linux (with dd) and check SMART afterwards

40k power on hours here we come

I want to upgrade my harddrives because I want more space, but they're all fine. I feel like an asshole just throwing them away, like there's some starving kid in Africa who could use a hard drive.

Based WD, 63k hours and counting

Also my SSD, but it's pretty new and it doesn't report read/writes so it doesn't matter much I guess. Thanks Shitston

Nothing like a good old HDD.

Mai nigras

sda & sdb are Samsung Spinpoints, the rest are breddy new WDs.

I have 3 drives and i'll buy an SSD in the future, you know you can still using your old drives, right?

There is no reason to toss them. If you absolutely cannot fit them in your case you could buy one of those external docks that you just like plug the hdd into or maybe use them in a server or media computer

why are programmers such weebs

Please repeat your question, including punctuation and grammatically correct capitalization and I'll answer you.

125 power cycles
30,000 hours
Hitachi, bitches.

Hmm, should I be conserned?

Ops forgot to change language to english, but I think you still get the drift.

Still going strong.

The other disk in the mirror

a 2TB Mirror disk

The other disk. This is a replacement for a drive in the mirror that failed.

ssd 500GB mirror

Reallocated sectors count and reallocation event count both seem to be zero.
Other SMART values seem to be recorded just fine, so I'm assuming you can trust that the realloc counts truly are zero.

the other drive in a 500GB mirror

What you'll notice across my drives is a high hours to power cycle ratio.

Most of y'all are 10x as many power cycles.
Uptime baby.

Still 100% but I've only had it for half a year.

I feel like I've barely even used this drive. I have another WD External with 21k hours and it's still Good.

>No user, don't buy noname chinese drives, you'll lose all your data. You have to pay 3xtimes the price for samsung/intel whatever if you want to be safe.

27k hours and 12TB writes later shit still works

71k hours, was my desktop at work until recently (yeah we really have that shitty computers).

gonna get the 1tb because struggling for space with all the retarded fucking huge games nowadays.

Still ok. Expensive ($200) but I satisfied with the purchase.

The programmer himself is a nip. Is this answered your question?

enjoy your asbestos

Cheaper than my mechanical HDD.

I mean, if you can afford it go for it. I don't think that's a good idea though. For the price of a 1tb SATA SSD you could get a 256gb 960 evo and a like 2tb mechanical drive.
I keep my main games and whatever AAA I'm playing at the time on my SSD and swap them to and from my mechanical drives. It doesn't make sense to keep all of your games on your SSD all of the time because you're probably only playing 1-3 at a time anyway.

Use smartmontools or drivedx
>I think Disk Utility has a smart reader built in.
It has, but it will only show you good, failed or unavailable statuses. No raw values.

Fix

Did I fuck up by buying this when it was $50 Canadian Pesos?

My HDD will die, I finished the backup.

Not bad.

I had a different computer, a Win 2000 server, still in use, that had 15 years on the hard drive before I moved the partitions to a new drive. But SMART didn't correctly capture the number of hours. It would have been glorious if it had.

purchased in july 2011

Started using them at the end of October last year. They were refurbished and the first drive was 50 hours powered on 1120GB written and the second one was 7 hours powered on 465GB written. A pretty small amount compared to the 150TB they are rated for.

Will put them for deserved rest soon, right now they are main source of vibration in my case. Hopefully to get 3TB 5k rpm Toshiba.
Also single platter Seagates are pretty chill, too bad they ceased production of NC and VX lines. That platform that came to replace them somehow slower and louder.

Better than I thought it'd be.

Shit, image was forgotten.

Holy shit, my NAND writes have actually slowed down.

If only I could remember what I did to cause it.

>svenska
Oi, det är bra min svenska kompisar :3

t.finska user

Opinion on using a ramdisk and sandboxie to isolate your web browser installation?

Seagate 5TB Expansion Desk
Bought: December 1 2016. Still under Seagate warranty.

My question to you: Should I send this in for a new one?

Fucking pic didn't upload.

>Dad attempting data recovery after accidentally partially nuking drive with DBAN
>Tried about 5 different programs so far, tried PartitionWizard, didn't do shit
>Downloads CrystalDisk
>Laughing his ass off at all the weeaboo bullshit it comes with
>"The sad thing is there are people that actually watch this shit and enjoy it."
>Uninstalls it

I laugh at all of you

Is 24 TB host write and 77 TB NAND write bad after 7600 hours?

I don't think so, seems pretty average. Are you just an average web browser/video game player or are you doing something with your computer

Eh, web browsing, gaming, 3d rendering, video rendering, etc

Difference after reading a single 3.2 GiB file.

I feel like I NEED to return it at this point.

if all your files and being exported to that drive yeah the usage is nothing abnormal imo

op here, I've posted almost every response to an image in this thread even though I initially made it because I was worried about my own drive, seems like not many people are too familiar with this shit.
anyway if you can RMA it without hassle like you don't have to pay shipping and have room to keep the files on it, it should be a no brainer right?

It doesn't simply feel so cut and dry to me. I have to copy a bunch of files off of the drive. I have to wipe a bunch of stuff on the drive.

Then, there's no guarantee the replacement drive won't do the same thing.

I started a claim. I know they're going to try to blame this on me somehow. They better not be charging me for shipping.

It will be a pain in the ass but I don't have enough info at hand to tell you if it's normal behavior for the drive or not and so that was really the only answer I could give you. Can you possibly get your money back from the retailer?

ExpressCache + HDD still strong

Nah. Retailer warranty expired about a week ago.
I feel like I'm getting screwed. I paid less for this drive than a lower capacity replacement costs at normal price. That's the real issue here. Even if I get my money back, for free, and don't have to pay for shipping, I still won't have enough for even a 4TB WD external.

I wish there were a better alternative than S.M.A.R.T. for information on this. SMART is fucking terrible.

Thats Hosts Reads/Writes

Why not explode?

Oldest drive I currently have in my PC. It's a WD Green drive from 2012 or 2011

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

CAN'T WAKE UP

SAVE ME

Oh man I love these threads. Also, I win.

You didn't do anything, DevSleep caused it. Firmware bug. I mean feature, sorry.

You mistake me.
It used to be more than 10x greater than host writes, now it has slowed down.

Runcore is not noname, it's like top quality chinese ssd manufacturer and defense contractor.

That Seagate salty goodness

It is a seven year old backup drive. But the temperature

>recalibration retries, etc: worst

And you said external, probably drive got dropped (physically).

>Sup Forums begins to realize what a scam SSDs are
Time to buy a new HDD like an intelligent consumer.

retard: the post