Hey Sup Forums, I'm in STEM and in Uni all girls have macs. Why is that?

Hey Sup Forums, I'm in STEM and in Uni all girls have macs. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/10/security_design.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

women are more intelligent

They use whatever they are told to use.
They are all part of the gray mass.

Macs don't get viruses and it's a fashion accessory. Boys love it when they see a tech savvy girl with some class.

>Why do people use popular devices that look good and fit their needs?

Are they all wearing makeup and wearing flats?

because they are fashionable.

>Macs don't get viruses
oh lawd

>like, i saw one of my friends with something called a mac..book and it was so cool
>two thousand dollars?/? i will have my daddy pay for it
>look at me, i have my expensive toy and it has something called a proccessor

On Ivy Leagues everyone has a Mac. It usually has to do with people's income, old money will buy a Mac most of the time just because it's what they've always bought.

Those universities also tend to use web IDEs running a Linux VM for programming if you're doing CS.

Why make this bait thread?

macs are the environment they need (*nix) without all the overhead of having to work out configurations and stuff (linux).

i can't tell you how much of a letdown it was in my undergrad when someone in our group used windows and needed us to stop so he could debug some weird shit that wasn't working right in windows, that he couldn't troubleshoot like a normal person because windows had no conventional shell like bash. even the women in the group could keep up because in a worst-case scenario they could just copy commands and run them with reasonable confidence in the same outcome.

working with a holdout windows user was a little like being the designated driver trying to get a blackout drunk friend in your car. lurching from one mishap to the next, tripping over himself and half the time making things worse, and you're worried that even once you get going he's just going to throw up in the car and ruin everyone's night.

so women correctly take the advice of professors and grad students and everyone else, and they just get a mac because it's less drama and "just werkz".

>Macs don't get viruses
Wishful thinking with some false sense of security included.

Yeah except no, in the real world everyone uses Windows. Windows is the environment you actually need. You need Active Directory, SQL Server, .NET, C++ Builder, ColdFusion, etc. Businesses have Windows servers and run Windows development platforms. The rest are memes pushed by academia with no real world practical employment.

Not all of academia. Only the edgy cultural-marxism ridden campuses. I attended Lake Forest and we were taught C#.

That's weird, all the women in my classes don't have macs. They all have windows laptops.

The ones that had macs probably all dropped out because the teachers could not help them.

Because macs if for people who want penis.

>He'd rather see a vapid whore with a useless, overpriced mac bought with daddy's money than a freckled qt with glasses and a linux thinkpad.

7/10, nice bait

>mac dont get viruses
B8?

>glasses
>Breeding with Bad Genes
Sad!

Just werx, user.

>ridiculous premise
>bad drumpf meme
Fuck off my Sup Forums!

>Drumpf
>>

MacOS tends to get less viruses because it's a Unix-based os

It's been proven women are dumber than men

Haha good b8 faggot

>'This will be the year of the Linux desktop,' says increasingly nervous man for seventh year in a row

Keep believing and maybe it will come true one day. (NOT!)

I program on a mac at work

on 4chin. Hows it feel to be the inferior sex?

Sure you do, kiddo.

Let me guess: you make shitty Wordpress templates, crappy iOS fitness apps and little node.js webservices for IoT devices.

>unimportant ephemeral shit that has no place or relevance in the corporate world

Uhum, except no she won't because believe it or not Trump never planned on keeping any of his promises.

No i write java backend with spring, do a lot of jpa with posgresql. Also do wicket on the front end (wicket is garbage), and do queueing with rabbit and jms. There really isnt much of a difference between mac and linux. Brew instead of apt is the main difference. It'd about as different as centos from debian.

>"programs" on windows
>supports hillary
Wow what a fag

As someone who goes to conferences and hack-a-thons all the time, I can confirm that a majority of developers use Apple laptops.

These. If you wanna learn computer science, you should never attend a uni or a big college. Go to a small college or trade school, where you will learn what is used in the real-world. The big ones have an agenda and they are gonna try to force down your throat all that "software must be free and gender-equal" bullcrap!

Daily reminder that "free" software is cancer!

>supporting Drumpf
>on Sup Forums

A majority of developers also suck.

>shilling for the losing

>i write java

Stopped reading there. If you want to be taken seriously at least use python.

that was my first post itt fagboi

Python is a shitty interperted language. I write enterprise software, and the only 2 real options are .net or java.

>python
That's a funny way to spell Delphi.

>Python is a shitty interperted language

How dare you talk to me like that

Hillary sucked, but she would've been better than Trump any day. Whom I was really supporting though was Rand Paul.

if you love Trump so much why don't you go program for Mac? They're the only computers Trump has touched for more than 30 seconds (but still less than 5 minutes)

>Hillary can't manage an email server
>pedodesta's sensitive email password was literally p@ssw0rd
On the other hand
>Trump says he knows everything about hacking

between empowering redneck inbreed hicks and these faggots I'll choose the hicks 9/11 times.

>In STEM
>With women

lol user no you're not, women don't take useful degrees

Why do Trumpcucks have to derail every single fucking thread on Sup Forums? Where the fuck are the janitors?

Busy looking for cp

Sorry, but there are plenty of women here. Funnily enough though, most of them are Asians, Indians or Brazilians.

Nice facebook meme

because all the other girls have macs

>I'm a technology illiterate wintoddler and hate Apple because they make good software
Autism

Some believe that Apple products are AMERICAN products.

ENJOY YOUR FOXCONN AND OVERPRICED CHINESE GEAR

What the fuck is non-gender-equal software?

Also, here are the most-used programming languages in the real world. How many of them aren't based on FOSS VMs/interpreters/compilers?

Java master race

Java => mobile fad
C and C++ => most used compilers are proprietary
C# => proprietary
Python => a meme
VB.NET => proprietary
JavaScript => a meme
Perl => dead language
Assembly => lol
PHP => dying language
Delphi => proprietary

There you go, addressed the top 10.

Nice, now show me the top 20 list for business applications.

>What the fuck is non-gender-equal software?
You tell me, freetard!

thanks for your completely subjective anonymous opinion

It's not even a good opinion.

>Only the edgy cultural-marxism ridden campuses

It's the typical jobless NEET opinion

The opposite. People who have jobs don't use "free" software.

People with jobs use whats econonical and gets the job done

> only seven years
more like 17

>drumpf
What? Paranoid obsessive freak. Go back to pol.

> wagecucks are slaves to their bosses
> wagecucks are slaves to their software
Who would have guessed?

>bragging about going to a javaschool

Are you in Europe?

In my experience these threads are all made by Americans - the Iphone ones especially, because American women are shallow cunts.

>Assembly => lol
kek

Only college losers can't get macs

enjoy being an outcast with your chinkpad

>Having shit taste

Never change Sup Forums

Supercomputers and non-meme servers usually run something in the Unix family.

>Because macs if for people who want penis
? SYNTAX ERROR

>not knowing how to use dank chevrons
>>>/plebbit/

False. Women have a smaller standard deviation but the mean is about the same.

>$0.02 has been deposited in your account

>muh GPL-licensed recursive Fizzbuzz in assembly is relevant in the corporate world

She also did literally nothing wrong.

>Daily reminder that "free" software is cancer!
nice try Rajesh

>shilling for a Russian puppet

>Delphi
Nobody uses that anymore.

>Rand Paul
wew lad

>>pedodesta's sensitive email password was literally p@ssw0rd
le fake news face
>>Trump says he knows everything about hacking
Trump also says he's not a Russian puppet

Did you forget that Bernie supporters were the ones who voted for Drumpf in November because "m-muh anti-establishment billionaire Russian puppet!"

>What the fuck is non-gender-equal software?
Software that doesn't acknowledge all genders.

>paying for a locked-down operating system and overpriced hardware

someone post the /lit/ copy past on college women

What /lit/ copypasta on women?

>free software
>gets the job done
I rest my case.

>windows had no conventional shell like bash.

wut

>owning an apple product
>tech-savvy
boi

"Free" software loses at both. It has higher TCO and steeper learning curve. Also there are other factors, like support for instance.

NEET confirmed.

>Nobody uses Delphi anymore
I'm gonna assume you're just misinformed and not simply dumb.

Delphi is more popular than Go, Groovy, D, Haskell, Lua, Scala, Lisp and Rust, which are languages Sup Forums keeps memeing about.

Also, unlike other languages like Java, C, C++, C#, Python and PHP, it's not shrinking, but growing.

We recently coverted a bunch of delphi code to java at my job. Honestly fuck anything embarcadero makes

It's like a girl with tatoos all over her body, they are down for copious amounts of dick

>we replaced one proprietary shit with another proprietary shit
Good for you, want a medal?

windows don't get viruses too if you're not a goddamn retard, it's not an entirely outlandish claim.

Stop blaming the user.

schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/10/security_design.html

Calm down aspie

>Women have a smaller standard deviation

So you should expect less exceptionally intelligent women? Explains a lot about the "glass ceiling".

Someone inform the feminists!

Incorrect.
OSX tended to get less viruses in the past because of the small user base. Now that the userbase has been increasing and Macs have been getting popular there is a lot of malware out there for OSX.

Macs are not safe. You cannot use the "they don't get viruses" argument anymore. It simply isn't true.

The thing that's propping up her laptop, what's it called? It looks super comfy.