Why aren't you running Linux on your desktop Sup Forums? What's stopping you?

Why aren't you running Linux on your desktop Sup Forums? What's stopping you?

I'm genetically neurotypical.

A big fat bulging chode in my pants

The fact that the windows 7 install on it works just fine for what i use it for. A place to keep an additional copy of all my shit. My laptop is higher spec than it too.

UEFI

Because I want my desktop to start up each time I press the power button. Something Linux doesn't provide.

The fact that Windows 7 still works flawlessly

>using a kernel for routers as your desktop OS

i'm lazy;
i like to play a few vidya;
i'm not autistic nor hipster nor pretentious little brat

I don't have a desktop

Is your SSD bigger then 4TB or why do you need UEFI?

I use Windows 10 as it is the best operating system ever created.

Excel

>I use apple as it is the best operating system ever created.
fixed you're little mistake, brother :-)

Bigger=More bloated

>apple
>operating system
I prefer Microsoft 10

What did mean with that?

because I use a PC to shitpost and play gaymes

I can shitpost all I want on Linux
I can't play all the games I want on Linux

kek

vidya

GPU-passthrough is the solution

Because I don't want to have just a kernel on my PC

But I do user!
Well ok, honestly I worked a lot on Wincuck 10, but I'm done with it (except gaming), just installing good old linux.

Linux it's just a kernel, faggot

Muh games
Lightroom
Doesn't just grind to a can't-even-move-cursor halt for 5-10 minutes if it runs out of memory (easy to do in Chrome no matter how much you have)

All the DEs I've tried are shit.
There not even a point in having a DE on GNU/Linux, it's not like you actually use the control panels and setting apps and other shit like on Windows, you just use the terminal.

But using a WM and learning Unix seems like a huge time investment that I'd rather avoid.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.0.0)

apple is not a OS

or not do that and use windows

Adobe Products

I don't have a desktop PC.

>Letting Microsoft use your real hardware

Kys

Oh, are you an artist?

Ubunghole, mint and fedora has a secure boot key.

Battlefield 1

I run apple here on my new macbook though. Why should I run linux?

Hey cool, I'm running IBM on my thinkpad

what the fuck, I thought they run lenovo nowadays???

Mine says it has Intel inside. Brilliant software!

>being a bich about privacy

kys

Don't call me a bich

I don't have a desktop.

What's this? Does this mean I can use all my steam library even on linux?

I dual boot Mac OS and Debian on my MacBook, and my Libreboot Thinkpad T400 only has Debian installed. My desktop runs FreeBSD right now because I outgrew gaymens and I have no real use for it.

Afraid that I would fuck up the partitons and lose all my 500gb of data.

Get a new 30GB hard drive for like $10 dollars on ebay to test it then.

don't tell me to kill myself

I prefer OS X.

But I am, I mainly run Debian on my desktop but boot to botnet10 if I need something which I cant do on linux

You just put passthrough your GPU in your windows VM

Alessandra?

this

Alessandra usa Sup Forums?

hello,

work in this field, I would like to remind users gnu+linux is not a consumer OS! it is used in specialized areas of computing i.e. supercomputers, enterprise, certain areas of software development, networking and storage management (servers).

there are reasons for this which can be loosely categorized by 'externally' and 'internally'. externally, gnu+machines are easier to maintain, cheaper and more reliable. internally, the l-kernel itself responds and is better suited to the tasks I previously mentioned.

notice that these tasks listed are generally not consumer oriented! linux is taking great steps and leaps in trying to penetrate that market but as of today and tomorrow won't be a consumer OS. If you are interested in this type OS, use XNU! It is a consumer friendly.

thank you for reading!!

I'm not missing any chromosomes.

In fact, you have an extra one.

Pretty much this.

Yep, it's telemetry is collecting your data at 100% efficiency

fucking kek

Because I've been running FreeBSD on my desktop for over a decade and a half.

Is this the new YLYL thread

tell me how

I am.

If you don't care about privacy, share your post on your Facebook™ for all your friends to see, and do this now and forever or don't come back.

I tried last year. Every few reboots, it would decide to randomly enable and disable audio devices on my computer, so I'd have to go fuck around with them yet again.

Bluetooth didn't work *at all*. Like, it's not even clear which of several stacks and configurations you're supposed to use. It's like Windows was in 2001.

All kinds of basic stuff was a pain in the ass. Like, VLC output would be all fucked up sometimes, for no obvious reason. Linux users seem content with all kinds of "yeah, just go into X and do Y and then Z" just to do basic things that they regularly do every day.

Oh, and one of the biggest issues is that I use a program so that hotkeys move my windows to various predefined regions of my screen. Linux users either make fun of me for doing this (no idea why, it's very efficient and lets me get away with only having one large monitor) or tell me to write my own software to do this, like that's a normal and expected course of action when looking for a solution to a pretty common problem.

Indeed, how horrible

I don't own a desktop anymore.

>>

You have to go back

whats the point? I don't have time to be messing around with that shit.

I have a job outside of computers and after work I use windows and do my shit (games media internet) Its works.

If I didn't have a job and had endless free time yeah I would probably get bored enough to want to mess around and see what you could get out of it..

video games that i dont play anymore

Fuck you. You can use a search engine.

why are you so rude?