Name ONE better card on the market right now in terms of cost:power ratio

Name ONE better card on the market right now in terms of cost:power ratio.

>Protip: you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any news on TI?

Literally anything because you shouldn't be spending half a grand on your graphics card if you're building a value oriented computer

470, 1050Ti, or any high end used card you can get for cheap

its kind of sad that you'll pay 900 just for a 1080 only for you to toss it away in 2019

I'm still riding my 980Ti with no real reason to change. Only GPU hobbyists buy every gen.

If you own a 980ti there is literally zero reason to "upgrade" to a 1080

is there a good reasonable upgrade to a 380 at this point?

NVIDIA is a scam. The only reason they have performance is they make a big die, which is very expensive to increase parallelism. Anyone can do that.

The real reason Intel is king is that they have theri own Foundry. AMD and NVIDIA are begging TSMC or others.

Samsung and others are also good but they have no much IP on Desktop chips.

Both NVIDIA and AMD scam their users when it gets to GPUs. The real reason they give the delusion of progress is they make bigger and bigger chips which increases parallelism, which makes the price go to the moon in the case of NVIDIA's "best chips"(more like bigger overpriced chips, anyone can do that). That is why AMD is "great" at GPUs but shit in CPUs, you can't get away with the scam of parallelism on CPUs like you can on GPUs(GPUs are by definition parallel machines), that's why Intel is king on the CPUs, because they have their own Foundries.

Samsung and others also have good Foundries but they have no much of an IP for Desktops.

The real stagnation of progress comes from the IP barriers. Let Samsung make CPUs/GPUs.

videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Fuck off, garlic eater

Intel no good
Nvidia no good
Samsung best cumpanny

You also contradict yourself multiple times in your gibs rant

$240 r9 fury
70% of a 1080 for less than half the price

>anyone can do that
>The real stagnation of progress comes from the IP barriers. Let Samsung make CPUs/GPUs
>I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about

>you can't get away with the scam of parallelism on CPUs like you can on GPUs
>Intel is making an 80 core Xeon

>Name ONE better card on the market right now in terms of cost:power ratio.
GTX 1070

>The only reason they have performance is they make a big die, which is very expensive to increase parallelism
>I read some buzzwords on the internet which means I understand GPU design

>70% of a 1080 is a r9 fury
>70% of 60 fps is 42 fps

Who the fuck pays so much for a home use meme card lmao

At double the power consumption, coil whine, and temps.

1050ti is a significantly worse value than the rx 470. Unless you absolutely cannot afford the extra 40$ up front cost, since a lot of the 470s also have a 15-20$ rebate. Just saying.

The RX 480 is typically equal to or better than the r9 290x, and has less shader units. Approximately 18% less, in fact. It also has half the memory bandwidth, not like the 290x can make use of the 512bit bus anyways.

To add to this, if you look at something like the 7970, the rx 470 has the same amount of CUs and is significantly faster. You could argue "muh clock / memory speed" But I highly doubt a 7970 would scale linearly enough to close the gap even if you could clock it up to 1300mhz. Not to mention it still wouldn't be able to pump out as many frames given its vastly inferior multi rendering.

So go right ahead and get the fuck out of here.

Where does one fine a 480$ 1080?

canceled

1070, 480, 1060, 470, 460, 1050ti,

280x, 285, 390x, FURY.

all of them have better Performance/$

>Where does one fine a 480$ 1080?

ebay, depending on the day

that'd be the case for 4k, but at that point even a titan xp struggles to hold 60fps. At 1440p and 1080p it would be more like 120 frames vs 90 frames. They'll level off in a year or two after support matures a bit(see 780 vs 290).

can't have absolutely everything along with a lower price. IIRC the nitro has better thermals than the founders edition and cheaper blower aftermarket coolers. You got me on the coil whine though, have to get lucky with a good unit.

some newegg openbox deals have reached sub $500

???

Rx 470

>in terms of cost:power ratio
Used R9 390 would have be better for the dollar.