I love it when people say shit like "looks don't matter!only faggots care about a phone's looks hurr durr!" how does it...

I love it when people say shit like "looks don't matter!only faggots care about a phone's looks hurr durr!" how does it feel to know that the only reason to why you ignore the value of design and aesthetics is because it would imply having to value your own appearance and therefore recognizing that you being so ugly and fat and disgusting is a major defect and that you'll never be happy until you start to correct your own faults? do you have any idea of how transparent you are to people who have had that mentality in the past but actually tried to improved themselves? 'cause let me tell ya Sup Forums this is exactly why girls don't like you and don't you tell me you don't want a qt gf because i know that 5GB image folder of qt animu grills on your phone isn't there for nothing.

that being said, what is the best phone of 2016 and why is it the galaxy s7? simply because, yes - it looks fucking gorgeous. that's all there is to it.

Nice attempt at armchair psychiatry as well as ignoring lots of key reasons why aesthetics don't matter.

1. Gloss only ever looks good in the display case, doesn't matter how clean your hands are the gloss will pick up shit out of the ether
2. If you're spending more time looking at the envelope of your phone than using it, then you're retarded
3. Most smartphones go straight from the shipping box to a case specifically to protect it (since most modern envelopes have the durability of wet kleenex) so you can't even see the aesthetic design in the first place
4. Chasing aesthetics has held back technological progress, since you can't fit more features into a constantly shrinking envelope

S7 is a good phone, but mostly because the rest of the field has even worse compromises, not because muh aesthetics.

>chasing aesthetics has held back technological progress

irrelevant since aesthethics are as much of a virtue as computing power (you know thats the whole point of my post) but sure thing.

>most smartphones go straight to a case

well that's your own goddamn choice.

>glass only ever looks good in the display case etc.
I wonder why we don't have completely oleophobic glass backs desu. I thought the only reason to why touchscreens aren't totally oil-repellent is because they need a certain amount of oil to make using them smoother and more comfortable.

fucking nigger bitch..

go ahead, unlock that bootloader and install a custom recovery with a custom rom and kernel so you can undervolt and not have to debloat what samsung did.

or maybe just root and titanium backup the bloat?

point being just cause it looks good dont mean shit. i would still put a TPU case on it to protect a $600 phone.

fucking faggots..

>how does it feel to know that the only reason to why you ignore the value of design and aesthetics is because it would imply having to value your own appearance and therefore recognizing that you being so ugly and fat and disgusting is a major defect and that you'll never be happy until you start to correct your own faults

Maybe it's equally likely that they look good and therefore don't need to overcompensate with having an "aesthetic" phone and only want something that does its job well.

>well that's your own goddamn choice.

My choice and the majority of users' choice. Outside of a few retards who keep their iPhones exposed, pretty much everyone uses some kind of protective case, and plenty of those retards will soon get cases because they dropped their iphones once and nearly destroyed them.

As for "aesthetics are as much of a virtue as computing power", that's a complete load of bullshit.

>Rugged design
>Fits in your hand
>One of the best DACs on the market
>Flagship specs
>Good screen
>Good camera
>Minimal UI fuckups
>Sold unlocked and intended to be rooted

Easily one of the few phones I have ever truly liked.

now if only it had an OLED screen like every decent manufacturer out there...

>galaxy s7 edge
ftfy

if your phone gets nearly destroyed because you dropped it once maybe i shouldn't be discussing smartphones with you. because you clearly don't understand much about them.

The point is that aesthetics don't matter when the majority of users won't even see them. Maybe to your special snowflake mind they matter, in which case I've got a nice shiny iPhone 7 for you.

>Get metal phone
>put it in a rubber case
Retarded

Yeah the S7 edge is the best of '16 but the normal S7 looks pretty bad.

I dont give a fuck how my $100 phone looks, it performs good so I don't care.

breh that looks disgusting desu, if you're content with using a phone that is all that bland, generic and unassuming i guess that says a lot about your personality. don't be scared to shine user. when you try to believe in your qualities and accept yourself as you are you will be gleaming like a star above men.

Holy shit dude, nobody outside the most shallow and vapid people actually give a fuck about what phone you have. Literally no one cares because phones are appliances now just like toasters, microwaves, cars, etc. Yes there are people who specifically buy certain phones for specific reasons just like there are people that buy sports cars, but most people don't give 2 seconds though. The fact that you pass such harsh judgement based on a phone someone's carrying says alot about YOU (hint: it's nothing to be good).

Nice blog post. Are you a teenage girl by any chance?
Just remember you need to be over 12 to use this website

>I am defined by my worldly possessions

Either underage or American detected

>Not stock Android

Gross senpai

jesus christ OP how bright of a projector do you need?

>touchwizz
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

Yea wutever pampers