pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp

>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1324
alternate.nl/CM-Storm/Quick-Fire-TK-Gaming-toetsenbord/html/product/1124689?lk=10194
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No regrets.

My GH60 stuff is shipping :O

I like these keycaps every time you memepost them. I'd personally choose to have the dark ones have lighter lettering, though. I wish keycaps didn't cost more than my keyboard.

Then again, that's probably the reason I have cheap keycaps int he first place.

The chinks can make custom keycaps if you ask

I would have preferred all white legends as well, but the purple is minimized with this set over the lighter variant, and seeing modifiers isn't as important with one-handed use.

If they do another set with white legends, I'll buy them.

good night /mkg/

Good night user.

This shit is getting ridiculous. In a few years, you hipsters will be using like four buttons and the rest will be FN combinations. Muh minimalism.

RAMA got shit with 4 or so buttons, I think.

:^)

Can someone recommend me a good and cheap cherry blue?

How cheap? How good?

on budget but not a chinease imitation

I'll never joke again in my life.

Ostensibly it's a macro pad. But with only 4 buttons it's pretty pointless. You could just get a $40 numpad and bind macros to it if you really wanted.

But the same sort of people who eat up macshit would buy this, so I'm not surprised.

I bet that shit costs like 40 bucks

Try $60.

fucking 60 bucks for 4 keys!?!?!

You can fucking get a full Mechanical keyboard for that price

Switches not included :^)

>Budget
$200-$250
>Location
Florida US
>Preferred switch type
on topre atm but want either blues or similar (if there's a new switch that's maybe quieter.) for muh gaymen
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
Tenkeyless even f keyless if necessary
>Backlight
If the board is good I will suffer the rice shame
>Current Keyboard
Leopold FC660C

PBT keycaps are a major plus especially if spending $200 or more. Printless keycaps are also a plus.

user why spend so much on a board?

If you want a quiet TKL why not try matias qc since they are even quieter then rubber domes while being more tactile then cherry.
They aren't as good as the old Alps switches they're based on, but they're certainly smoother and better then cherry. They have a higher actuation then other switches so if you don't want to fall for the Cherry MX™ speed© meme gaming switches then definitely try them out.

Unfortunately only one of the TKLs is in stock
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1324

Because I like quality

bit of a dingus on these matters but where would I go about getting an aluminum casing for one of these boards?

For TKLs I know varmilo has some, but I think they only really work on varmilo boards unless you want to mod the case

thanks for the info gonna check em out.

I'm still using a compaq rt235btw rubber dome keyboard, have been for years and years.

It's a "real keyboard" with arrows and a number pad and everything a keyboard should have (except perhaps "multimedia keys"?). When I see keyboards without any of that I just laugh. I don't care if it's mechanical if it doesn't actually have the all the keys a keyboard should have.

Why do people buy keyboards like that or even consider them?

To move the mouse closer to the right of the board where the home row is. That way (assuming you have the home row centered with your monitor) you're not reaching over as far to the mouse.

To the glorious bastard who brought his full size model M as his carry on on the airplane to Ontario before Christmas, I salute you. You have my respect.

Joke's on you, I spent 220 on rubber domes and I'm laughing all the time

this no keys print is getting on my nerves

Don't use this bullshit.

Don't use special snowflake DVORAK crap and similar either.

Your "typing performance" doesn't fucking matter if it doesn't translate to anything outside of your fucking room. There's a real world out there. If you're gonna be a good typist, you might as well have use of it instead of fucking crippling yourself into some nerd fantasy. People do appreciate fast typers and there's money to be had in it. It looks nice in a portfolio. But only if you can replicate it on a normal fucking device.

Why is GH60 popular but from Geekwhack

Are there any other boards with less lame communities like Sup Forums60 or something

What key caps are these?

Also nice SBR, why don't you post on /arg/ over at /k/?

Tai hao pbt doubleshots.

My chinese meme shit will become something nice soon

>chinese meme shit
>something nice
pick one

I'm a lawfag and I actually type at my same wpm and find it somewhat more ergonomic than my TKL. (85 wpm) Plus it makes people like you needlessly upset.
I used to have about 35 wpm in Dvorak (which you can access on any PC btw)
It's fun once you're semi ok at it but not enough to switch.

It's just so portable :^)

I was talking about people with actual WPMs.

dvorak is shit. 110wpm typist here, I can't understand why anyone would waste their time on that dogshit

ITS SATISFYING. What speed test do you use?

What about colemak then?

Are there any useful ISO variations of the 40% keyboard concept, like in 's pic? In particular, the | key between shift and z, the -_ key between . and shift, and two to three keys on the right side of p and l.

I can see some writer or some such using keyboards like these, but programmers gotta have e.g. tilde, caret, asterisk, single quote, etc. on tap. At the same time I'm intrigued by the idea of having some aspiring neckbard soldering-iron jockey assemble me a bespoke keyboard.

Chinese tactile clear clones when?

>I'm intrigued by the idea of having some aspiring neckbard soldering-iron jockey assemble me a bespoke keyboard.

Hello user

Japanese seller shipped my hhkb keycaps 2 days after I paid, very fast

unfortunately they are now hostage of my shitty postal service

Whats that company other than Corsair that offers MX Speeds?

Where do i buy these beuties? Im in the EU

Import

Ducky. They call them MX Silver, but they are the exact same switch

>v80 with matias quiet click
>forced to bottom out and make noise

Are there any good scissor switch low profile keyboards?

I don't like loud keyboards or keyboards with tons of travel.

get out commie

I'd be more worried about key chatter? How bad is it?

Hit up Taobao, AliExpress and other Chinese websites

I bought an aluminium plate with Costar stabilisers for my GH60. If I lube the stabilisers with lithium grease, will that eliminate any possible key rattle? The rattle on my Cherry stabiliser Ducky Shine 3 triggers me.

>eliminate any possible key rattle?
>cherry and the likes

oh you poor thing

I've seen it done before on Gathering builds, so surely, it's possible?

*Gateron
Phone posting

There are no mechanical siccor switches, buy if you want low profile then there is Cherry ML or their clones

Any good wireless mechanical keyboard?

oh man look at this fucking loser

hhkb pro bt

Anne Pro

did you get hhkb plate or normal plate on golbat?

No problems in the whole 3 days that I've owned it.

I've heard the rgb poker had issues with rebinding arrow keys. Is that still an issue or was it fixed in a firmware update?

How hard is it to assemble a keyboard from a kit?
I've soldered / desoldered stuff before, but wondering if keyboards have any specific tricky parts to them. Extra PCB recommended?

the only soldering you'll need to do is either the switches if the PCB comes pre-soldered like on the GH60 or you might need to solder the whole thing like resistors, switches, and contoller

>good
>wireless

PCB is assembled at the factory they said, so I went ahead and joined the RAMA thing.

>*tips fedora*

>have cherry browns
>friends come over and look up something
>"your keyboard feels bad to type on"
>he prefers chiclets
FUCKING NORMIES

brown is shit

kiss your friend for me

I bought blue and browns of the same keyboard and blues are honestly shit I don't know how anyone likes them

did i mention blues fuckface

>brown pleb
>"normies"
Sounds about right.

>stock clears are the perfect switch for me
>any other weight isn't right
>lubed is too smooth and annoying
>don't even like spring swapped zealios
>but
>stock

I wish I had an uber specific switch that took 12 hours of modification to get right

>Budget
~100 eurobucks

>Location (continent at least)
Netherlands / Europe

>Preferred switch type
mx brown / clear

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
96key 80% ? im not sure what the setup is called but i want a keyboard with numpad but the arrow keys / home ins page up/down can be left out ( layout like the redscarf III without the price)

>Backlight
Dont need any but if it doesnt cost more and I can turn them off I wont mind.

>Previous/current keyboards

Non mechanical

Did somebody say memes?

>Genuinely prefer Reds to anything else I've ever tried

Minimum actuation pressure is great.

>Budget
ENDLESS
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Linear
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
Full keyboard for dwarf fortress
>Backlight
no
>Previous/current keyboard
Das Professional Cherry Blue

What meme keyboard do I get

Does a bluetooth, minimal (tenkeyless, but preferably not lacking up/down & pgup/pgdn) mech with blue switches exist?

Oh, and unless any of you have a positive experience with switching from ISO to non-ISO layouts and would like to share that, I'm also looking for that.

I kinda want to get that z70 but I'm going to get fucked so bad on custom fees
I fucking hate living in europe

Eh, it's not that bad when you have one of the highest standards of living and as well as high salaries.

Almost makes up for the fact that it's cold in winter.

The only keyboard that fits the discription and is in your budget is this
alternate.nl/CM-Storm/Quick-Fire-TK-Gaming-toetsenbord/html/product/1124689?lk=10194

any keyboard with Hall Effect switches

Varmilo VB87 or any of the Filco bluetooth keyboards

Quick newbie question, please don't bully me for asking this.

About a month ago I bought a Ducky One TKL RGB. ISO layout.

I've yet to know what this is and what it does. Could anyone explain or perhaps give me a link that explains what it is and what it's used for?

Thank you.

Dip switches. Google it. I don't know the exact things, but it's stuff like disabling super key, and switching ctrl/caps lock etc.

Those are dip switches.

They dip things.

Read the user manual, it should explain what they're good for.

RTFM
T
F
M

Thank you!

How's the Cherry G84-4420?

Funny thing is that the clones of Cherry ML switches are better

Anyone?